Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about timetable

• 05-09-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

For the module timetable of BY4001, on thursdays there's labs at different times but they're grouped 2A, 2B and 2C, do I pick which ones to go to or am I told which group to go to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Also, what is the difference between HS1014 HS1006 and HS1006 HS1014? Sorry probably very stupid but I'm so lost :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

For the module timetable of BY4001, on thursdays there's labs at different times but they're grouped 2A, 2B and 2C, do I pick which ones to go to or am I told which group to go to?

Are you looking at the module timetable or your own timetable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Go into the timetable http://www.timetable.ul.ie/tt1.asp and use your ID number. this will give you your timetable for which ever group you have been assigned for Labs and Tutorial slots.

Also, what is the difference between HS1014 HS1006 and HS1006 HS1014? Sorry probably very stupid but I'm so lost :P

They are two different labs one big and one smaller just follow the group and sit with your mates the lab techs will sort out the rest.

I don't have a personalised one, I'm starting Science Choice so we won't have our own timetables until week 3. thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

For some reason I can't access that particular module's timetable, just gives me the module ID and name back, but...

On your personal timetable (the one you access with your ID#), you'll only be down for one of those labs, either 2A OR 2B OR 2C.

Most lecturers won't mind which lab you go to, as long as you go to at least one, but some will insist you go to the one you're assigned to, especially if it's a large class.

The HS1006 and HS1014 are just two different rooms in the Health Science Building (I think it's Health Science anyway, haven't been there since 1st year).

Oh okay, a few of the labs were on at the same time as some of my modules like food science and health, so I just worked around it haha, I'll see what the student timetable is like anyway :) thanks

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    For some reason I can't access that particular module's timetable, just gives me the module ID and name back, but...

BY4001 is BY4011 General Biology by a different name they were trying to phase out 001 2 years back I guess nobody told SAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Agent_99 wrote: »
    BY4001 is BY4011 General Biology by a different name they were trying to phase out 001 2 years back I guess nobody told SAA.

That'd be a lecturer/dept. issue rather than SAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 redmarker

How do you get your personal timetable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

redmarker wrote: »
    How do you get your personal timetable?

Either:

Go to www.timetable.ul.ie, click on Student Timetable and input your Student ID Number.

OR

Go to http://tt.daniel.ie/ and input your Student ID in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

According to SAA personal timetables for first years with tutorial times etc will not be available until the Friday of Week 2.

Advertisement