Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAAC electric gates will not close

Options
  • 05-09-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello to the lads at the forum.

I am currently trying to repair a pair of FAAC controlled gates. The gates remain open. Would ye have any suggestions for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Get your butler to close them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

There should be a photocell positioned on one side of the pathway and a transmitter on the other side. Clean the lenses on the front of each. There should be an LED inside the lens of the receiver, if you can't see it then it's possible they're out of alignment or something else is blocking their view of each other. Are they electric or do the have a hydraulic ram pushing/pulling them ? I take it you are unable to push them closed ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 34 necromundia

ZENER wrote: »
    There should be a photocell positioned on one side of the pathway and a transmitter on the other side. Clean the lenses on the front of each. There should be an LED inside the lens of the receiver, if you can't see it then it's possible they're out of alignment or something else is blocking their view of each other. Are they electric or do the have a hydraulic ram pushing/pulling them ? I take it you are unable to push them closed ?

Ken

Thanks for the rapid advice Zener.

I shall check the LED lights. They are hydrualic ram. The gates won't budge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Aganica

Get your butler to close them?

Ah ha ha ha ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Aganica

They are hydrualic ram. The gates won't budge.

They are broken. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have nothing helpful to add then please don't post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Check the photo cells . If the light is on on it then the beam is being broken . Open up the two and the one with four wires has two cables for power and two that act as a switch . Remove the two for the switch and temporarily join them together and see if the gates close .(you don't need to close the beams back up while testing with the wires crossed .
    The fuse to the photocells could also be gone .
    Some people have a switch on the handset inside the house that forces the gates to stay open .

Advertisement