Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educate Together North Central Dublin

Options
  • 05-09-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

It looks like there has been a lot of activity with a group looking to get an Educate Together school in the Dublin North Central area over the last few months. I live in the area and would love to have another option for my kids regarding their education, anyone know anymore about this subject?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mamisgirls

yes I believe there is a campaign out to get an Educate Together School into the Dublin North Central Area (North Strand, Docklands, Fairview, Marino and Clontarf).

you can pre-enrol your child online which is very handy.
    you can subscribe to their newsletter as well.
    have a look at their website for more information

http://educatetogethernc.com/

hope that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tommytwotimes

Wow, that all looks great, thanks for all the information. It looks like they are really working hard to get it up and running, it would be great to have a school like this in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

there is also one in D7

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yes Please!

Thanks very much for sharing this information. Your website is very good and informative. It would be sooo good to have an Educate Together in the Dublin North Central area, the one in D7 is in the wrong direction to work for me and my husband, so never going to work for us! I really think the Educate Together system is the way forward for Irish Education. Best of luck with getting it up and running. I'm off to pre-enroll my two kids now! :)

• Advertisement

I went down to the photoshoot that was arranged in Fairview Park a couple of weeks ago. It was great to see all the enthusiasm and effort that is going in to this group who want to have an Educate Together in the area. I shall be heading down to their next meeting to see what I can do to help and progress things and hopefully get things moving forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

It would be fantastic for the area to have an educate together. Personally, I wen't through both Catholic & Educate Together. For me the difference was night and day, but that's just my humble opinion. I'd also love to see a second level ET in the area.

Thankfully for me though, it's hopefully a good while away before I have to worry about these things.
    /crosses fingers:D

From what I have heard there is supposed to be the first secondary level ET opening in Dublin soon enough which is great, no doubt demand from the primary ET students to get in to it will be huge, but at least it is a start and may lead to more of them in the future too.
    It would definitely be great for the area to have that option available, unlike yourself, I have 2 young kids and if the school started up that would be the preference for them as to where they would go to school.
    Here's hoping.

Advertisement