Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the benefit of any grocery shop owners....

Options
  • 05-09-2012 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

I got a visit this morning which made me mad. The worlds biggest soft drink name came into me this morning pushing their mineral water brand. Good deal, big seller, etc etc. Special trade offer of buy 30, pay for 15.

"Ok, that sounds good" says me.

"The wholesale price is normally about 5.99 - 6.99. Whats the wholesale price? The same?" says me.

Errrrr, hang on he said. Rings another rep. "€10.88" says he.

"THERES THE DOOR" SAYS ME.

Just in case you get the same visit, give him grief.

Enough said.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Not really getting this. Is the rep offering you half price water, like for 30c a bottle ? If so sounds like a good deal even if the rep got the first price wrong.

You could also ask him for a free dedicated fridge to stock them in too, most reps have access to these and if you're sales are good they'll oblige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hiya.

No, the rep tried to pull a fast one on me so I shared it with the board to warn others.

He came in and told me about his great offer which to the normal person looks great. Buy 30, pay for 15. So its buy one, get one free, or 1 and 1 as we call it.

But the devil is in the detail. The chancers had nearly doubled the cost price of one case. So it was a scam, you are still paying the same. They are aiming at naive lads who wouldnt know any different.

I shared it with the board so anyone who gets offered this "super deal" would be wise to it. I am sure there are a few people around who would jump on this and think its great.

Imagine if you went to the garage tomorrow and you saw a deal where you buy a car, and get another for your wife free. Mmmmm, sounds good, but what if the car is 15 grand normally and they tried to charge you 30 grand for the car. Wouldnt you be peeeed off?

I'm annoyed they even tried it with me. Bit long in the tooth for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

RR is flashed 5.99 + vat in Musgraves however I think this promotion is now over, so possibly this is a new promotion.

Works out 5.44/case, so a little better than the flashed one.

Advertisement