Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 05-09-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭

The full trailer for Strictly Come Dancing series 10 and the show's premiere date have been released.

Judges Len Goodman, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli are shown flashing their best dance moves with new panellist - ballet star Darcey Bussell - in the promo clip.

After the dance-off to David Bowie's classic 'Let's Dance', it is revealed that the BBC entertainment series will kick off its latest run on Saturday, September 15.

The show is expected to resume its ratings battle with The X Factor across the autumn after securing higher audiences on various weekends last year.

Children's TV icon Johnny Ball, cricket legend Michael Vaughan, Fern Britton, Girls Aloud star Kimberley Walsh, Jerry Hall and Westlife's Nicky Byrne are among the rumoured celebrities taking part this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Looking forward to Strictly!! There is nothing on tv these days! :(

Beth Tweddle & Victoria Pendleton are also rumoured to be taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Dani Harmer has been confirmed for this. She used to at Tracy Beaker on CBBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It's been nearly two months since this was announced, but Zoe Ball's got the It Takes Two job permanently.

If her father is confirmed for this series, then no doubt many will rub their hands at the prospect of her interviewing him... ;)

Claudia, meanwhile, has obviously decided to concentrate on the results shows and on being a mother of three. Being the lady that she is, she says that Zoe is better at ITT than she could ever be...

Love ya Claudia. :o;)

Nicky Byrne confirmed on twitter that he will be competing this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I am not a fan of Darcy Bussell as a judge - she wasn't great the few times she stood in. I wonder will she be sitting Bruno ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

This dancer is new - she is stunningly beautiful.

p00w92r3.jpg
    Karen Hauer, 30, has been confirmed as a brand new professional dancer for Strictly Come Dancing 2012 when it returns this autumn.

Karen is trained as a dancer and choreographer and has worked with some of the biggest stars in the world, including Jennifer Lopez. She has won numerous ballroom awards including World Mambo Champion in 2008 and Professional American Rhythm Rising Star Champion in 2009.

Most recently Karen starred as a principal dancer in the hit show Burn The Floor. She is a ballroom dancer from Valencia, Venezuela who moved to New York when she was eight years old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Looking forward to the new series starting on Saturday. Richard Arnold should be good, and will be expecting good things from Denise Van Outen.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/strictly-come-dancing/104676-strictly-come-dancing-2012-line-up-revealed.html

Taking part in the show this year will be Daybreak presenter Richard Arnold, former kids entertainer Johnny Ball and morning telly host Fern Britton.
    Westlife singer Nicky Byrne, model Jerry Hall and Tracy Beaker actress Dani Harmer are all also on the line up.
    They’ll be joined by Eastenders legend Sid Owen, Olympic gold medalist Victoria Pendleton, former Emmerdale actress Lisa Riley and Hollywood actor Colin Salmon.
    Olympian Louis Smith, West End performer Denise Van Outen and cricketer Michael Vaughan are all also on the show.
    Completing the line up of Strictly Come Dancing is Girls Aloud star Kimberley Walsh.
    The Strictly Come Dancing 2012 Premiere will broadcast on Saturday September 15th at 6:30pm on BBC One and will feature a red carpet event, a dance number around Television Centre featuring the professional dancers, judges, Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly as they make their way to the studio.
    On the show celebrities will be paired with their professional partners and then perform the first group dance of the series.
    The show also sees the introduction of new judge Darcey Bussell, who, having danced with all the judges in the show trailer will perform an American Smooth-inspired Rumba with Ian Waite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3OnAzePYo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Very underwhelmed by the list of competitors this year.
    Victoria Pendleton is extremely unlikable.
    I'll just have to cheer for Kimberley!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 janeyt

Hello everybody in Strictly land. Here we go again. Love you all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Ha! That was actually a good joke from Brucey!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Heroditas wrote: »
    Victoria Pendleton is extremely unlikable.
    Agree. It won't matter how good a dancer she will be.
    I have a feeling I'm going to like Jerry Hall.

If Lisa Reilly can be lifted, there's hope for me!

Maybe not! Anton isn't the sexiest.

Denise and James must be the favs already now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Denise and James must be the favs already now
    I think Pasha and Kimberly or Lewis and Flavia could give them a run for their money.

I like Tess' dress (for a change)!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 armitage1971

I think I am going to enjoy Strictly this year:) here's hoping anyway:)

I dont like Lewis seems quite arrogant and full of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Hey everyone welcome back.
    Bit delayed so only watching it now.
    Wish they'd get rid of Anton and Erin

There's no one I have a weird crush on this year.
    We all know last years weird crush :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

enjoyed the show tonight, I thought the pairing of the couples would be obvious but they weren't. Thought Ola was disappointed to get Sid Owen from Eastenders as he can't dance and his odds of winning the show are 50/1 :D
    I'm really looking forward to it this year and I think it's the best line-up yet :)

• Advertisement

How is voting going to work this year. Do they get booted off the same night?
    Also first show is on a friday ???
    Can't believe its the 10 series, I feel old .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Denise Van Outen will also be a pain in the hole.
    The description of "one of the original ladettes" is not a good description. It also sums up why I don't like her - too gobby!
    She'll still do well though (unfortunately)

Anyway, Kimberley for me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Kimberly for me too I reckon! She has a great chance with Pasha! Aww, Pash...*sigh*

I kind of like Louis; he's cocky but why not? If I had 3 Olympic medals at his age I'd be all "fcuk yaaaa":p I'd be interested to see how Victoria & Brendan and James & Denise get on. Thought Nicky didn't look too impressed being paired with Karen.

Snoopy1, you may start watching Match of the Day or Football Focus to get your Savage fix!;)

Will Denise be able pull off ladylike dancing?

And, it's sexist, but Louis can get away with his cockiness because he's a man!
    Plus, he's with Flavia, and everyone likes her.

RosyLily wrote: »
    Kimberly for me too I reckon! She has a great chance with Pasha! Aww, Pash...*sigh*

I kind of like Louis; he's cocky but why not? If I had 3 Olympic medals at his age I'd be all "fcuk yaaaa":p I'd be interested to see how Victoria & Brendan and James & Denise get on. Thought Nicky didn't look too impressed being paired with Karen.

Snoopy1, you may start watching Match of the Day or Football Focus to get your Savage fix!;)

If its going to be a weird crush, then i'll have to go for Matthew Vaughan, but at a push.

I love Pasha

I think Lisa is really going to annoy me

Lois is favourite apparantly.

Does anyone else think the new professional, has a weird face?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Wait a minute - just watched this on YouTube and Brucie said they'd be back in 3 weeks time for the first live show? We have to wait another 3 weeks?! Has it always been this way? I've never watched it from the start before

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I thought Lewis looked really unhappy when he was paired with Flavia. He didn't even hold her hand when they were heading for the stairs. Wonder who he was hoping to get?

leahyl wrote: »
    Wait a minute - just watched this on YouTube and Brucie said they'd be back in 3 weeks time for the first live show? We have to wait another 3 weeks?! Has it always been this way? I've never watched it from the start before

They did it that way last year too. Bit stupid really.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 janeyt

At last Flavia has a decent partner. I expect she'll exploit lewis's gymnastic abilities. Being a massive cricket fan I am hoping
    Vaughney does well and goes far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »

Back in 3 week to co-inside with the X-Factor's Live shows! :)

Advertisement