Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

doovdela wrote: »
    I'd love for denise to win I say she will if not her dani. Any of the remaining boys really and the remaining one's i'd love to see win they all worked very hard! I can see a girl that win it though!

I wonder could Louis sneak a win?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Wonder will it be a double elimination next week? Seems to be a lot left in at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

flutegirl wrote: »
    I wonder could Louis sneak a win?

I hope not. He doesn't seem to be trying.

My vote is for Denise.

Nicky Byrne should get to the finals

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Wonder will it be a double elimination next week? Seems to be a lot left in at this stage.

Its possible.

I don't know I thought after the dirty dancing one he might sneak a win hard to know with him, he probably the best of the lads remaining but hard to know!?

A lot depends on the public vote not just the judges!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm happy that the public vote didn't keep Victoria out of the Dance-off because she was the weakest dancer left. I was happy that the first couple announced to be through to the next week was Kimberley & Pasha. She's improved a lot, and she seems to be a nice genuine person, I can't understand why the public havn't been voting for her so far.

There are 7 couples left with 4 episodes remaining. So if the final has 3 couples, there will have to be a double elimination at some stage.

Denise has been a good bit better than everyone else throughout the competition so far. I am a fan of her but I'm not sure why most other people on here don't like her.

The rest of the couples are quite closely matched, apart from Michael & Natalie when they have to do Latin. Dani & Vincent are improving hugely each week and I like their routines. The standard left is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

I'm not sure why most other people on here don't like her.
    I don't like het because I don't think she's genuine.

I'm happy that the public vote didn't keep Victoria out of the Dance-off because she was the weakest dancer left. I was happy that the first couple announced to be through to the next week was Kimberley & Pasha. She's improved a lot, and she seems to be a nice genuine person, I can't understand why the public havn't been voting for her so far.

There are 7 couples left with 4 episodes remaining. So if the final has 3 couples, there will have to be a double elimination at some stage.

Denise has been a good bit better than everyone else throughout the competition so far. I am a fan of her but I'm not sure why most other people on here don't like her.

The rest of the couples are quite closely matched, apart from Michael & Natalie when they have to do Latin. Dani & Vincent are improving hugely each week and I like their routines. The standard left is very good.

I wonder if it's because she's seen as having dance experience coming from the theatre, therefore has an advantage over the others. BUT you need dancers of all abilities to keep people watching from the beginning, however as good as she is I don't think she will win, but will get to the final.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The previous dance experience on the west end etc and the lack of 'the J word' are possibly going to go against Denise in the end.

There has been no 'journey' as they say. You can't look back at week 1 and think "my God, she was so bad in the first week- little did we think she'd win back then!" because she's always been very good, and that has been a little boring. Whereas, the likes of Dani has shown progress and improvement every week. The public like to see someone learning and getting better in general whereas Denise has been consistently good week in, week out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I was glad to see Victoria go. I hope Michael goes next, then Lisa. I really think she needs to go soon, she is very flat footed and while she might put on a good 'performance' I find she isn't really that good. While it might not be pc her size does hinder some of the more bendy movements and that. I think for the first few weeks she could get away with it based on performance and fun factor alone but now its nearing the end it would be a shame if she won it, just because she is big. But I really think the public could vote for her to win.
    If Louis gets to the final I'd say his showdance would be amazing and that could clinch it for him!
    Anyone but Denise to win! I don't like her because of that whole Essex/larger girl facade she built her career on, I've never liked her. Also her experience, she got great marks for her charleston (which I didn't think was a charleston), but she spent 2 years in the West End doing the Charleston! I still think Chris and Ola's was the best charleston it was pure fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

pc7 wrote: »
    I hope Michael goes next, then Lisa. I really think she needs to go soon, she is very flat footed and while she might put on a good 'performance' I find she isn't really that good. While it might not be pc her size does hinder some of the more bendy movements and that. I think for the first few weeks she could get away with it based on performance and fun factor alone but now its nearing the end it would be a shame if she won it, just because she is big.

Anyone but Denise to win!

<PEDANT>

But it appears you don't want Lisa or Michael to win, either... :o:o

</PEDANT>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

<PEDANT>

But it appears you don't want Lisa or Michael to win, either... :o:o

</PEDANT>

Very true! I'd like Louis or Kimberly to win, won't be too disappointed if it was Dani, would like to see Nicky as the last of the others left. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I also don't think Denise is genuine, and it has got on peoples nerves that she had some previous experience. Im from Essex too, but i don't go on about it all the time like she does!!!
    I also did not think her charleston deserved the points it got. I thought Charleston was suposed to be fun and fast, where as hers wasnt.
    Dani for me has been the most improved.
    I think a woman will definitely win it. I think Lois has gone downhill a bit, so he wont win it.
    Nicky to go next.

Can't believe Lisa got those scores completely over marked and I thought Nicky was undermarked. Enjoyed danni's dance this week it was lovely. Cant wait for Louis Charleston hope he delivers.

pc7 wrote: »
    Can't believe Lisa got those scores completely over marked and I thought Nicky was undermarked. Enjoyed danni's dance this week it was lovely. Cant wait for Louis Charleston hope he delivers.

Thought it was good, and he got the Moonwalk in as well ;)

Ah I really enjoyed it hope he gets a ten! Eta - an 8 from Craig that's so unfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Delighted to see him finally dancing a dance while not looking catatonic with boredom!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I think they waaaay overmark Lisa every week. Nicky's dance was better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Wow:eek:.... Louis & Flavia were great!!!!! He really expressed himself and it was a joy to watch!:)

Makes no sense to me how Craig could give Louis and Denise the same score, no sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Can't believe Darcy thought Nicky was as good as Dani!

I loved Dani's dance tonight. Vincent's a great choreographer. Loved her dress too.

Louis's dance was great as well tonight. So entertaining

I've never really watched Strictly before this series (I usually don't start watching 'til after all the bad dancers are gone), but has Vincent always been this flirty/touchy with his partners?

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote: »
    Can't believe Darcy thought Nicky was as good as Dani!

I loved Dani's dance tonight. Vincent's a great choreographer. Loved her dress too.

Louis's dance was great as well tonight. So entertaining

I've never really watched Strictly before this series (I usually don't start watching 'til after all the bad dancers are gone), but has Vincent always been this flirty/touchy with his partners?

From the very beginning, but he's not at all serious about it. It's funny to watch at times. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Ok, so typical Italian?!

gubbie wrote: »
    Ok, so typical Italian?!

He usually calls his partner Little Piccolena, or something like that! He was at his most funniest with Natalie Cassidy a few years back, they were very funny together.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I'm liking Dani more and more each week her dance was great I think the chemistry between herself and vincent is great, I think Michael will be in the dance off as he made a few mistakes, he made good progress in the competition but he's not up to the standard of the others

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

I think Michael should go this week but Lisa is not far ahead of him. I thought tonights dance was not good by her and couldn't believe the scores she got. Does anyone think we could be in for more than one elimination tomorrow night or next week. The numbers aren't adding up to the usual 3 in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

would they not have told them tonight if it was a double elimination? seems a bit mean if they tell them tomorrow :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love Dani and Vincent! I thought their dance tonight was just gorgeous. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Loved Louis & Flavia's Charleston!!!! Was great to see personality and characterisation from him. That personality + his gymnastic skills would make one helluva freestyle! I hope he makes the final....just to see what he could do!:D

Felt kind of sorry for Michael. Latin is so not his thing; I cringed all the way through his dance. He should really go tonight.

I'd say a double elimination will take place semi-finals week. Although it would be deliciously cruel if they did it this week after saying nothing!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Posy wrote: »
    I love Dani and Vincent! I thought their dance tonight was just gorgeous. :)

Thought they were under-marked. What's she gotta do to get a 10??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

RosyLily wrote: »
    Thought they were under-marked. What's she gotta do to get a 10??

Wear a necklace like Darcey's maybe:):)

Advertisement