Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I thought tonight's so was fantastic, albeit with some strange scoring from the judges. I agree with what most people have said, that Lisa was over-marked, and Nicky was under-marked.

Nicky really put 110% into the dance tonight, I thought it was a really good Argentine Tango, and I really liked Skyfall being danced to as well.

I think it's definitely Michael's turn to go. He's one of the best at ballroom, put very unnatural when he performs Latin. But in fairness to him, he really really gives it his best shot. It will be very unfair on everyone else though if he escapes the dance-off.

I thought Dani & Vincet performed an absolutely beautiful Viennese Waltz. They have great chemistry, and are probably my favourites.

Louis & Flavia's Charleston was fantastic, I don't understand how Craig could only give him an 8.

Also I thought that Bruce and all the judges were in terrific form tonight, so many laughs!!! :D:D:D

Plus I like Karen a lot more after tonight's performance ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nicky really put 110% into the dance tonight, I thought it was a really good Argentine Tango, and I really liked Skyfall being danced to as well.
    He's getting so much better... but I still can't stand him. :o

It is definitely not a double elimination tomorrow.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Digital spy have results out, don't think we are allowed say it here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Cant be bothered to trawl though digital spy to find out results
    There will have to be a double elimatiin soon, probably at semi final stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

pc7 wrote: »
    Digital spy have results out, don't think we are allowed say it here though.

Don't post up the result, you could find yourself banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I think Michael might be in the bottom two tonight, he did great just not sure if those hips are believable as the the judges commented on.

Seriously Craig gave too low a score for Louie honestly he did really well I hope he be safe tonight.

Kimberly or Nicky might be the only other one in the bottom two but hard to know and hard to tell how the public have responded. Nicky did very well though but depends on how the public liked it I guess and the other acts.

Loved Dani and Vincent's dance and lisa's as well. Not sure about Denise, I loved her dance routine and Kimberly's but they both did very well despite a few mishaps but otherwise they did very well over all. Judges in good form but a bit harsh with results at times, only one couple got a marking of 10!

I wonder could it be a double elimination tonight though? Its three weeks to the final and there are 7-8 acts left! Nail biting stuff! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'd definitely prefer an extra week of strictly rather then a double elimination :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Fusion Dance next week!! Looking forward to seeing how they manage this. Dancing with the Stars did this a few weeks ago.

Bringing back the Dance-Off has been a great decision. There's a good chance that Nicky got less overall points than Michael thanks to the viewer votes, and if there was no Dance-off, Nicky would be gone. But thankfully there is a Dance-off, and Nicky won it by a country mile!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Bringing back the Dance-Off has been a great decision. There's a good chance that Nicky got less overall points than Michael thanks to the viewer votes, and if there was no Dance-off, Nicky would be gone. But thankfully there is a Dance-off, and Nicky won it by a country mile!!

Hear hear - it was a farce without the dance-off in the last few years.

Right result tonight IMO - although I can't warm to that Karen one at all for some reason. Sorry to see Natalie gone, she'd be one of my favourite pros.

What's this fusion malarkey all about? Sounds like a gimmick to me.....

• Advertisement

They have to combine two different dances into one routine, eg. Waltz and jive.

I'm a bit skeptical, I would prefer if they just kept to the normal format!

Ya, I suppose that the case. Not surprised by the results of the dance off tonight really, Nicky nailed it tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Brendan said on twitter he doesn't feel the judges are being fair to the male celebrities. I thought Nicky was undermarked and Lisa was way overmarked. Lisa puts great energy into her performances but technically, they're not great.

Ya i've noticed that too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They seem very patronising with Lisa. "Aw, you're fat but sure you tried. Have a 9." I'd rather she was correctly and fairly critiqued.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

I really like Lisa, but she does not seem to be improving as much as the others. Not sure why they are going so easy on her, can’t imagine it is all because she is a larger lady.

Think Nicky might be the next to go then Lisa

I actually think Lisa was better at the start of the series compared to now, which is a bit odd! :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I actually think Lisa was better at the start of the series compared to now, which is a bit odd! :confused:

Probably because when there were more in it of a lower standard she looked much better (eg Jerry Hall, Fern etc), but now those left are just a much higher standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I think it's because she's so energetic that she's getting the great scores. I find her quite awkward to watch at times though. Out of all the dancers, she's improved the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Yeah at the beginning she seemed really good, I think people had pretty low expectations of her. But as the others have improved and the standard has gotten higher she is beginning to fall behind the rest.

I think she might actually get to the final :eek:, the British public seems to love her, and she got the biggest cheer at Wembley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

There will be four couples in the final according to Zoe Ball on it takes two tonight.

F.R. wrote: »
    There will be I tfour couples in the final according to Zoe Ball on it takes two tonight.
    I think it will be Dani, Denise, Lois and Kimberly

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

I know I can't make predictions without first seeing the dances, but, Lisa has to go this week, she is consistently overmarked.
    Not a fan of Nicky but he has improved bucketloads compared to Lisa.
    Was always a an of the dance off but I think it has taken away from this years show - only strong dancers left, no audience favourites left, winding up the judges.
    Still can't warm to Dani. She always nails it and is probably under marked in fairness but I just can't figure out why i can't warm to her.

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I think it will be Dani, Denise, Lois and Kimberly

That's who it should be but I think Lisa will get in instead of Kimberly

Fern's on Craig Doyle's Saturday Night Show saying how disappointed Artem was to have gotten her saying that she went to find him after and he said that he wasn't used to having a partner who was so old and inexperienced

gubbie wrote: »
    Fern's on Craig Doyle's Saturday Night Show saying how disappointed Artem was to have gotten her saying that she went to find him after and he said that he wasn't used to having a partner who was so old and inexperienced

It was clear from the start that he didn't want her as a partner.

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    It was clear from the start that he didn't want her as a partner.

He's had 2 very good partners the last 2 years. As a teacher he should be able to adapt his teaching and routines to bring out the best in his partner.

That was excellent by Dani and Vincent!!

Two 10s well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kinda disappointed with tonight's fusion dances I expected much better tbh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kinda disappointed with tonight's fusion dances I expected much better tbh

Louis did well with the rumba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

I thought it was a great show that really highlighted the difference between the best and worst of the celebs.

Dani to win!!

Advertisement