Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Just watched dani's dance
    Really want her to win

flutegirl wrote: »

Louis did well with the rumba.
    I really hate the rhumba. Think its such a boring dance when anybody does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

though i'm not a fan of Nicky I thought his dance tonight was his best, I think Lisa needs to go she's not as good as the others, I would say Denise is a bit peed off that Kimberly was the first to get four 10s and not her. Loved Kimberlys dance and the top score was well deserved. Loving Dani and Vincent and she has improved soooo much they deserve a place in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

casio4 wrote: »
    I would say Denise is a bit peed off that Kimberly was the first to get four 10s and not her.
    Ya-agree-made Kimberly's result even sweeter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Snoopy1 wrote: »

It's a pretty technical dance, which is why it's probably not the best dance to watch as most of the celebs can't do it, but Louis gave it a pretty good shot, and managed the hip action, which is usually missing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Not when Rachel Stevens and Vincent did it, woah!! It was borderline post-watershed viewing! :eek:

Why was Nicky given such a hard combination with samba and foxtrot American smooth.
    2 people got the Tango and Cha Cha fusion
    It just seemed a bit unfair to me.
    Also i thought the fusion thing was suposed to be one dance theyd done and one dance they hadnt done :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I like Lisa but felt she was very over marked last night. There wasn't a smooth transition between her two dances, she made mistakes, some pretty obvious ones that's the judges ignored. I didn't think there was much fusion between her two dances, to me she danced a tango first half and a CCC for the second half. The others mixed their dances much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Posy wrote: »
    Not when Rachel Stevens and Vincent did it, woah!! It was borderline post-watershed viewing! :eek:

Now THAT was a rrrrrrrruuummmba!! Everything was perfect for it- music, costumes, choreography! Magic....think I'll youtube it.:)

I you tubed some old dances.
    I still love Matt Cutler ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Why was Nicky given such a hard combination with samba and foxtrot American smooth.
    2 people got the Tango and Cha Cha fusion
    It just seemed a bit unfair to me.
    Also i thought the fusion thing was suposed to be one dance theyd done and one dance they hadnt done :confused:

Just catching up with the show now, and was wondering this as well. Are they given their dances, or do the pros pick them? In which case, Karen should have her knuckles rapped - she didn't do Nicky any favours with that combo. And even if it wasn't Karen's choice, it seemed like a bizarre combination to go with at all - as one of the judges said, you couldn't get two more different dances if you tried.

Can't decide my favourite between Dani and Louis, with Kimberly trotting along close behind.

I you tubed some old dances.
    I still love Matt Cutler ;)

Scandal that he was dropped! SCD hasn't been the same since. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Just catching up with the show now, and was wondering this as well. Are they given their dances, or do the pros pick them? In which case, Karen should have her knuckles rapped - she didn't do Nicky any favours with that combo. And even if it wasn't Karen's choice, it seemed like a bizarre combination to go with at all - as one of the judges said, you couldn't get two more different dances if you tried.

Can't decide my favourite between Dani and Louis, with Kimberly trotting along close behind.

I thought they were given it. I don't know how it was decided on though.

I think Karen's been great in general. She's had great imaginative dances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Nickys last night!!

Have just seen Denise's dance, didn't see it yesterday, and it was good.

Right result. Nicky did improve throughout the show, but it was his time go.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Denise's face when she was in the bottom :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Denise's face when she was in the bottom :p

She looked shell shocked!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Lisa has to go next I can't believe she got through I thought she would be in the dance off with Nicky. I knew the judges were going to put Denise through even though she made a mistake in the dance off,all be it a small one but if they wanted her off they could have picked up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Yeah, Lisa definitely has to go next. It would be ridiculously unfair on the others if she reached the final since their technique is much better.

2 dances next week!! Can't wait to see Dani & Vincent's Argentine tango!!!:D:D

I'd love to see Louis win....partly because I'm a Flavia fan. But I'd settle for a Dani victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Sorry to see Nicky go, was sure it be Lisa rather than Denise, she should not have been in the dance off.

Next Saturday be a challenge for them though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

doovdela wrote: »
    Next Saturday be a challenge for them though!

Can't wait - two dances from Dani!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lisa has to go next for God's sake!!! :mad:

After James and Denise dance, he's always wrecked and out of breath and she seems fine! Add forgetting the steps last week and I'm forgetting who the pro is! Add this to his obvious weight loss this series and I'm starting to worry!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Lisa has to go next, I rewatched her dance and Nickys and she was totally overmarked in comparison to him, she even made mistakes. She has to go this week!
    Really enjoyed kimberley, dani and louis dances. Denise will have another excuse for the week now, I know her shoe got caught but she made a mistake later on too she is very irritating! But she does dance like a pro (cause I feel she is one).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I enjoyed the show this weekend. I would have preferred if Lisa went instead of Nicky.
    Karen did end up picking the most difficult routine for her celeb, it was the most fused dance for sure. And that pretty much cost Nicky his place.
    Lisa definitely has to go in the semi-finals, because the other four celebs are way way better.
    Denise looked like she was going to get sick before the dance-off which shows how much it means to her.

At the moment I want either Dani & Vincent, or Kimberly & Pasha to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

When the rhumba is performed well, it is sooooo good and one of the best to look at. As others have mentioned, Rachel Stevens & Vincent's was excellent, as was Kara Tointon and Artem's.

Here's a rhumba perfromed by James and Ola. Absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I never liked the rhumba until I seen Vincent and Flavia's show, Midnight Tango. Their rhumba in that show was unbelievable. I was in awe watching it, close to tears.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I loved the Rhumba James did with Cherie Lunghi it was pure filth and fabUlous!

I really hope Lisa doesnt make the final.
    Im praying for her to go next week, as it totally wouldnt be fair on the others.
    Her and Denise seem to have been over marked all series

Just watching it takes two.
    Karen hardy said James was clever by chosing the jive and quickstep. If the professional chose the fusion, why on earth did Karen chose the hardest fusion for nicky. I think she has to be partly to blame for him leaving. He had way better dances like the Charleston he could of fused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

why on earth did Karen chose the hardest fusion for nicky

I was wondering about that too, I thought I heard Zoe ask Nicky was he annoyed to be given such a hard fusion and then they were talking about the others picking them :confused: big mistake by Karen if she did pick it

Advertisement