Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Also that he had 2 new dances to fuse the others all had done at least 1 of them. Very strange altogether.
    Have to say so looking forward to two dances each!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I love Vincent! He was so funny doing his pro challenge on It Takes Two. I think with many Italian men you either see the smarm or you don't

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I swear to God, I'm going to sue UPC or something. Poxy box decided it didn't want to record the show tonight, despite having been on series link from the start. I'm in for the last half hour. GRRRRRRRRRR!

Anyone know of a repeat before tomorrow evening, or of any way of catching the show before the results (PM if necessary!)

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Really enjoyed the dances tonight, hard to tell who be in the dance off!? Lot of contenders who could win next week!

No don't know of any repeats unless you can access bbc iplayer!? Not sure if it repeated again, I tried finding it previously but can't unless you find the individual dances on youtube? You won't get the scores. Don't think BBC1/2/3/4 or even BBC HD have a repeat? They have a short clip of the dances and the scores in the results show tomorrow night before the dance off.

I don't think there is a repeat. BBC always put up repeats and it isn't listed on their upcoming shows:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8dq/broadcasts/upcoming

That's happened me too with the UPC. I sometimes think I just accidentally deleted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Len seems to love Denise and even though she made a mistake he glazed over it. Lisa will have to go, she's not good enough to be in the final. Kimberly is a possible winner. I like Dani but she hasn't done a dance yet that I thought she should get a 10 she is playing it safe as one of the judges said earlier, Louis is in with a shout of winning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Only watching it now
    Will be back later with my thoughts :)

Ok seen the first 5 dances

Lisa -Woeful, totally over marked
    Denise -Overmarked again, getting sick of her
    Kimberly - Brilliant, stop showing Cheryl though on tv
    Dani - Brilliant, undermarked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I reallllllly hope Lisa is in the Dance-off tonight, she is the worst dancer left, as shown by her points total last night.

If she makes the final via the Dance-off then fair enough, but if she isn't in the bottom 2, then it's a real kick in the teeth to the other couples.

I am not surprised Lisa is but I wasn't expecting Denise probably Louis. Who win the dance off!?

• Advertisement

Not surprised that Denise in the final....it wouldn't be the same without her as Len said! Lisa did well to get this far! Any of them could have been in the dance off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am I the only one who can't take to Denise? Yes, she's a good dancer, yes she acts the parts whilst dancing well, but there's just something off putting about her. IMO :)

Dani looked so worried, I'd swear she thought she was in the bottom two.

I find it strange that she's still 3rd favourite with the bookies to win, ahead of Dani. The DS forums always speak so highly of Dani.

Anyone wanna say who they think would win?! I'd say it'll be Kimberly

Kimberly or Louis I reckon to win, the public seem to be going against Denise and her speaking out during the week slagging off people she worked with doesn't seemed to have done her any favours, I like Dani and would love to see her win but she needs to up her game and take risks

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

If Louis pulls of an amazing tango, he could clinch it.

I want Dani to win. She's excellent, and has great fun with Vincent.

I really like Pasha and Kimberly too, but i think Dani has progressed more than anyone else.

I can't warm to Demise either. If she doesn't win, she'll blame the negative attention about her supposed advantage in the competition, but she won't win because she's just not likable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who can't take to Denise? Yes, she's a good dancer, yes she acts the parts whilst dancing well, but there's just something off putting about her. IMO :)

Can't stand the woman.
    Someone needs to glue her mouth shut. It's permanently open.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I hate Denise. Without a doubt she is one of the best dancers but she doesn't have the personality to match. I don't know why I don't like her, I just think she's insincere.

LizT wrote: »
    I hate Denise. Without a doubt she is one of the best dancers but she doesn't have the personality to match. I don't know why I don't like her, I just think she's insincere.
    I feel the same and although I used to like her she's not warming to me on this show.She is coming across as desperate to win while the others are nervous looking like they are enjoying it she has this look on her face like she has to win:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

casio4 wrote: »
    I feel the same and although I used to like her she's not warming to me on this show.She is coming across as desperate to win while the others are nervous looking like they are enjoying it she has this look on her face like she has to win:(

She looks angry when she's in the bottom two as well, rather than nervous and sad. It's completely about the winning for her, she hasn't really been on a journey at all.

Dani is my favourite but I'll be happy for any of them to win as long it's not Denise.

Yes Yes Yes
    Shes gone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

If Denise had a personality like Dani, she would be popular. But she doesn't so she's not!:p I don't think a couple have ever won after being in the bottom two twice. Can anyone verify?

Have a sneaky suspicion that Kimberly might go the same way as Lisa Snowdon- high marks in the run-up to the final but won't win. I love Pasha though!! His choreography is always amazing!! SCD are lucky to have him.

Louis or Dani for the win I reckon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just had bbc on and Brendan cole on saying Denise should win hasn't had pro training, switch to itv an there is Denise and James saying the same thing. It's nothing to so with her training or otherwise. For me I just don't like her she doesn't come across well. It's a tv show personality is part of it, I loved Chris and Ola and he wasn't the best dancer that year but I loved watching the fun he had.
    I think Louis could do a Tom chambers and win it on the show dance. I'd like Kimberly or Louis to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Agree with you pc7. Tom Chambers was good for the series but his showdance really won it for him. Still my favourite SD of SCD and I still watch it on youtube.:)

I hope Flavia doesn't make their showdance all acrobatic with little dancing, like Aliona did with Matt Baker.

pc7 wrote: »
    Just had bbc on and Brendan cole on saying Denise should win hasn't had pro training, switch to itv an there is Denise and James saying the same thing. It's nothing to so with her training or otherwise. For me I just don't like her she doesn't come across well. It's a tv show personality is part of it, I loved Chris and Ola and he wasn't the best dancer that year but I loved watching the fun he had.
    I think Louis could do a Tom chambers and win it on the show dance. I'd like Kimberly or Louis to win.

What? She's a trained stage dancer. I know it's not quite the same thing but still, she's received professional dance training of some sort and it definitely gives her an advantage.
    I'm delighted Kimberley has got the two perfect scores. I bet that really stuck in Denise's throat.
    Good enough for her.

Cannot wait for the show dances, especially Lois. He's got a lot of tricks coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 armitage1971

Heroditas wrote: »

What? She's a trained stage dancer. I know it's not quite the same thing but still, she's received professional dance training of some sort and it definitely gives her an advantage.
    I'm delighted Kimberley has got the two perfect scores. I bet that really stuck in Denise's throat.
    Good enough for her.

Agree but to be fair and I am not a Denise fan but Dani and Kimberly were at stage school too according to It Takes Two one night it was on

• Registered Users Posts: 32 armitage1971

Heroditas wrote: »

Good enough for her.

Agree but to be fair and I am not a Denise fan but Dani and Kimberly were at stage school too according to It Takes Two one night it was on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I don't understand at all why you all hate Denise. I don't think she's come across as desperate and I felt she looked genuinely upset when she was in the danceoff. She has put in over 100 hours more training than the other competitors over the course of the show and trains longest every week. While she isn't my favourite this year she has not done anything really to deserve the backlash she has got in my opinion.

I would think Danni 4th, Denise 3rd and then too tough to call between Louis and Kimberly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

casio4 wrote: »

Same here. I actually quite liked her before, but there's something a bit off-putting about her this year, kinda like the year Ricky Whittle was partnered with Natalie. Good dancer, but just seemed too competitive and therefore didn't really connect with the public as much as he should have.

For me, my winners would be Dani and Vincent. I love how she's so little and bubbly and rough around the edges, but she has become such a great little dancer and I love their routines. I also absolutely adore Vincent, so it would be great to see him win at last.

Unlike most other people, I'm really not getting all the Louis love. He just comes a cross as a little bit stiff and unfriendly to me and I actually think his technique has dropped a bit over the last few weeks (compared to Kimberly, who has improved a good bit). However, I think he will win this year.

So my predictions would be:

1st - Louis

2nd - Kimberly

3rd - Dani :(

4th - Denise

• Advertisement

I don't understand at all why you all hate Denise. I don't think she's come across as desperate and I felt she looked genuinely upset when she was in the danceoff. She has put in over 100 hours more training than the other competitors over the course of the show and trains longest every week. While she isn't my favourite this year she has not done anything really to deserve the backlash she has got in my opinion.

I would think Danni 4th, Denise 3rd and then too tough to call between Louis and Kimberly.

I'll tell you why I can't stand her.
    I despised the "ladette culture" that sprang up during the 90s. It was the likes of Sara Cox and her who were at the forefront of it as well. I'm all for equality but the whole promotion of it was ok for people to go out and get sloshed while "'avin it laaaarge" while being "in your face" brash just turned me off completely.
    "LET'S ALL SHOUT ON THE TELEVISION. YEEEAH, LAVIN' IT, MATE!!!"

Of course she was upset. It would be upsetting for just about anyone to find out that a large percentage of the public don't particularly like them!

At the end of the day, this is primarily a popularity contest. She's found out she ain't that popular!

Advertisement