Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

How come the first show is a Friday?
    I just thought Lois was a bit shy and awkward. Who wouldn't want flavia as a partner she's gorgeous, I want to be jealous of her but she's too nice

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    How come the first show is a Friday?
    I just thought Lois was a bit shy and awkward. Who wouldn't want flavia as a partner she's gorgeous, I want to be jealous of her but she's too nice

Is it? I assumed the first live show was a Saturday? Friday seems such a strange night for Strictly?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I don't think there are any evictions on the first weekend of it but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

LizT wrote: »
    leahyl wrote: »
    Wait a minute - just watched this on YouTube and Brucie said they'd be back in 3 weeks time for the first live show? We have to wait another 3 weeks?! Has it always been this way? I've never watched it from the start before

They did it that way last year too. Bit stupid really.

Some of the "celebs" have never danced in their lives. It'll take a few weeks for them to get a half-decent routine together with their partner and also learn the first group dance.
    The gap is badly needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Heroditas wrote: »
    Some of the "celebs" have never danced in their lives. It'll take a few weeks for them to get a half-decent routine together with their partner and also learn the first group dance.
    The gap is badly needed!

I agree but this is a new element. In previous years, the first show had the celebrities dancing, having met their partner a few weeks previous. A whole show dedicated to pairing up the couples is unnecessary, especially when they have to take a three week break in order for the couples to train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Heroditas wrote: »
    The gap is badly needed!

I agree but this is a new element. In previous years, the first show had the celebrities dancing, having met their partner a few weeks previous. A whole show dedicated to pairing up the couples is unnecessary, especially when they have to take a three week break in order for the couples to train.
    I think you're supposed to be interested in seeing the contestants meet their partners for the first time.

Yeah but you get to see them with their partners for about a minute. They can barely even give their reaction before they have to run off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I've just been on the SCD site for the last 20 minutes, trying to find out when the next show is on???????? Whoever is responsible for it should be sacked!!:rolleyes:

Grid. wrote: »
    I've just been on the SCD site for the last 20 minutes, trying to find out when the next show is on???????? Whoever is responsible for it should be sacked!!:rolleyes:

Its on friday 6th October

Aliona cant dance for 2-4 weeks, so they are getting a temporary partner for Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

It's on next Saturday. Don't know what time yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Sorry about that. It's Friday
    (embarrassed grimace)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

my tv guide says it's on at 9pm on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 41 janeyt

Yes its on Friday at 9 and continues on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Darcy Bussell is driving me nuts already! It's all 'ya ..... ya ..... ya....'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet I'll spoiler.
    Dance-off is back!! Yeah! Makes it more interesting. Felt sorry for Victoria; dancing is definitely not her thing and you could tell that she desperately wanted to do well. Liked Denise & Colin.

Darcy did get annoying with her constant "yeah?...yeah?"

Darcy was a bad choice. She seems to be stuck for words all the time and just repeats what's already been said, ya?

I'm just watching it now.
    Going to miss it next week as im on holiday, I will be recording it though. You know what im like I try and find out the results before I've seen the though. So if you see me log on next week, shout at me.
    So weird crush is Michael Vaughn. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Wow-Lisa was great!

Jerry is bonkers. I still like her though, she has a natural sort of elegance.

Is is just me, or are the costumes a bit more modest (relatively) this year?

Seems the judges have their favourites already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I sky+ strictly....thank god I did. No way would I be able to sit through Darcy....fast forward her comments !! Surely they could of found someone better IMO she is dreadful. Why does she say 'yea' at the end of every sentence ?
    That aside I thought sid and Lisa were fab..jerry is just barking. Kimberly was my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

This is the 1st time I've watched strictly from the start (although I missed it Friday as I didn't know it was on.) What happened with alesha? Did she get the sack or did she just not want to do it anymore? Darcy is so annoying!!!

Miss Nell wrote: »
    This is the 1st time I've watched strictly from the start (although I missed it Friday as I didn't know it was on.) What happened with alesha? Did she get the sack or did she just not want to do it anymore? Darcy is so annoying!!!

She was poached by Simon Cowell for Britain's Got Talent

I am really looking forward to tonight. I think I'm going to like the dance-off, even though it does seem a little cruel. Any-one going to the show?

janeyt wrote: »
    I am really looking forward to tonight. I think I'm going to like the dance-off, even though it does seem a little cruel. Any-one going to the show?

I prefer the dance off, it's definitely fairer than the public vote. There have been a lot of strong dancers lost because of the public vote.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Anyone know if it's repeated??? Shame the Beeb iPlayer don't work here!:(

No it isn't repeated which is a shame. X Factor seems to be repeated all weekend. Sorry you can't get i-player where you are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Good grief this Darcy is insufferable -bring back Arlene!

Sorcha16 wrote: »
    Good grief this Darcy is insufferable -bring back Arlene!

At least she's gotten rid of "Ya".

I felt sorry for Nicky Byrne, he was obviously really disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Unlucky for Nicky because it was his partner's fault for choosing such a 'disco' choreography.

Colin is a good dancer, I think he can go far in the competition.

Victoria looked unbelievably nervous again but managed to get through the routine this time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

At least she's gotten rid of "Ya".

If she just could lose the air of superiority and smugness now too she'd be doing great!

I felt sorry for Nicky too and I really don't think he was so bad as the judges maintained

Advertisement