Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Posy wrote: »
    I found tonight's show very dull. It was just like it never got going for me. :o

Crazy scores!! I know they differ with opinions at times but they should be at least somewhat consistent!
    Len was vastly overmarking tonight! :eek:

I don't like Sid, I just don't think he seems a very nice. When he left Eastenders he said he was sick of the UK, didn't want any more to do with the place and was moving to France- now suddenly he's on Strictly! :confused:
    (I could be wrong of course, it's not like I know him personally!) ;)

EDIT:

The spoiler is out!
    According to digital spy, Michael and Jerry in the dance off.
    Jerry Hall gone.

Thanks Posy, next week will be the first saturday I've had chance to watch the show live. Glad
    Richard is still there as he looked entertaining in the dance-off last week.

You know Christmas is on the way when Strictly starts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Posy wrote: »
    The spoiler is out!
    According to digital spy, Michael and Jerry in the dance off.
    Jerry Hall gone.
    How can Digital Spy possibly know who's gone when the final decision rests with Len, Bruno, Craig and Darcy?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

How can Digital Spy possibly know who's gone when the final decision rests with Len, Bruno, Craig and Darcy?
    The results are filmed tonight, the judges chose to send Jeri home, usually someone from the audience leaks the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

LizT wrote: »
    The results are filmed tonight, the judges chose to send Jeri home, usually someone from the audience leaks the result.
    *slaps forehead*

Should have remembered that the results shows are pre-recorded...
    :o:o:o
    At least the Strictly judges do their job properly, unlike Simon Cowell and co... Vaughany would be the one to go otherwise.

Meanwhile, some non-spoiler news from the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/oct/15/strictly-come-dancing-x-factor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im only watching it now
    I thought it was too early for Hollywood, and also way to early for Argentine Tango. I thought that was usually a semi final dance.
    Really dont like Sid, hope he goes soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 janeyt

I don't know what to think, there are some really good dancers. I think (imo) its between Lisa, Louis and Denise. I haven't any favourites but really do admire Lisa, she has great rythm and a huge sense of fun. I thought Ola's choreography for this dance was awful and made Sid look silly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, there was a lot of 'faffing about' this week instead of actual dancing.

My mum said something about olas mum had a heart attack and she knew that when she danced, anyone else hear anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

I'm very disappointed with the result this week. Love Jerry.

Poor Ola, though when she got her result, she wasn't restrained in her reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Some weird marking going on alright. I thought Colin and Kristina deserved much higher marks and I thought Lisa and Robin were over marked.

Loved Louis and Flavia's Dirty Dancing tribute (I know that whole dance off by heart at this stage :o) it was a great way to end the show, but a 6 from Len - come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm glad that Jerry is gone, can't stand her with that nasty drawl of hers, or Anton for that matter. Now to get rid of Michael Vaughan and the real competition can get under way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Way too early for a themed episode! Especially when their Halloween one is next week. What's the point in that?? People watch it for the dancing, not for the theme.

I don't understand why Argentine tango, Rumba, Jive & Charleston are on so soon. They should be saved for Week 6 or 7 and onward. They should dance waltz, cha-cha-cha, foxtrot and salsa in the first 4 weeks. Then move onto quickstep, tango, Viennese waltz etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Victoria Pendleton's dance looked like a corpse being dragged around the room.
    Vastly over marked. No doubt they have to protect the poor vulnerable petal from any criticism. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

This is my first year actually really watching Strictly. Loving it so far.
    ut one thing why do they bother with the Sunday show if they film it on a saturday.

I missed all of last nights results show and most of the week before too cause its in a a weird time.

Lisa is my favourite

Alun wrote: »
    I'm glad that Jerry is gone, can't stand her with that nasty drawl of hers, or Anton for that matter. Now to get rid of Michael Vaughan and the real competition can get under way.
    I actually find Vaughny rather endearing, he obviously is up for a laugh and is entertaining but I know he has to go sooner rather than later, he isn't the only
    celeb that can't dance so the "dancing" competition won't start just yet ;) I think there will be a few more bloopers to laugh at in the coming weeks:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Some weird marking going on alright. I thought Colin and Kristina deserved much higher marks and I thought Lisa and Robin were over marked.

Loved Louis and Flavia's Dirty Dancing tribute (I know that whole dance off by heart at this stage :o) it was a great way to end the show, but a 6 from Len - come on!
    yes I agree I loved the dirty dancing and thought it was spot on and a great end to the show but thought Lens comments and his scoring of the dance were way off:(

I kind of like Vaughny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya they nailed the dirty dancing routine don't understand why len wasn't as good with the marks like the others.

Poor Ola. I think her Mum is out of the woods now which is good news. I know Iveta has been filling in for rehearsals, does anyone know if she is dancing with Sid at the weekend? I think she is a very pretty girl.

Just watching it now.
    I like Darcy's hair clip
    Really liked Lisa's charleston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I didn't like tonight's Halloween show as much as other years, don't know why though!

Poor Sid and Ola, I didn't like their routine at all. They were the worst couple tonight....

Surprisingly good performances from Michael and Victoria!

Great performances from Louis, Denise and Kimberly!

Wow. Michael and Victoria they improved so much.
    I thouhjt the set was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Sid and Ola gone, in dance-off with Colin and Kristina. Source: Digitalspy

I forgot to tape it on sky last night. I have the results on reminder. So were the dances any good last night? Really wanted to see the halloween version of it. Can't find repeats anywhere on tv/online except if they have it on youtube for individual dances. I'm rooting for denise to win it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

I didn't see it all.
    When I heard the song Superfreak, I was hoping to see a version of Olive's routine from Little Miss Sunshine. Was very disappointed.

Wasnt too impressed with Dani and Vincent, especially as the scooby doo song was in my head all night :mad:

I saw the dances in the results show tonight and thought the halloween theme was good! I think was a fair result to be honest. The other acts did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I liked Sid and Ola, I can't believe they are gone :eek: they were the couple I looked forward to every week:o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Felt really sorry for Ola, must be very disappointing to leave so soon!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm quite sad to see Sid and Ola go. I thought they still had a lot to offer in the competition, but they were poor last night and last week. They didn't have a hope in the dance-off against Colin and Christina. Colin has great rthym, but he is not that well known and as a result is suffering with public support. It would have been a shame to see him go.

Advertisement