Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im so glad hes gone.
    He was a baby when he got given bad marks and he clearly had no rhythm

• Registered Users Posts: 41 janeyt

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Im so glad hes gone.
    He was a baby when he got given bad marks and he clearly had no rhythm
    Have to agree with you, I don't know if it was Ola's choreography but he just
    looked plain silly, so I'm not sad to see him go. Colin is ok but because of his height and his big feet he looks flat footed and awkward, love his voice though;), very sexy:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

I'm quite sad to see Sid and Ola go. I thought they still had a lot to offer in the competition, but they were poor last night and last week. They didn't have a hope in the dance-off against Colin and Christina. Colin has great rthym, but he is not that well known and as a result is suffering with public support. It would have been a shame to see him go.

Does anyone else think that Kristina is just a tiny bit too short for him, he seemed a bit hunched over when dancing with her on Saturday,
    janeyt wrote: »
    Have to agree with you, I don't know if it was Ola's choreography but he just
    looked plain silly, so I'm not sad to see him go. Colin is ok but because of his height and his big feet he looks flat footed and awkward, love his voice though;), very sexy:o

I don't think it was her choreography, but the right pair went home. Loving Richard Arnold ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Can't stand Denise. For the first time ever I really cannot come up with any logical reason why she should be in this show. She is a professionally trained actress who appears in musical theatre. She has had professional choreography from the start of her career with huge emphasis on technique etc. Other years there have been people from bands etc but by and large all they have ever been taught to do are a few disco moves. Cna't wait for the public vote to start making it's presence felt. Don't think it'll be too long before we discover that the public are not warming to her in this series.
    flute girl I thought the exact same thing about Colin and Kristina tonight. I think you're right and I'm sure real partners would never have such a height difference for this reason

muckisluck wrote: »
    Can't stand Denise. For the first time ever I really cannot come up with any logical reason why she should be in this show. She is a professionally trained actress who appears in musical theatre. She has had professional choreography from the start of her career with huge emphasis on technique etc. Other years there have been people from bands etc but by and large all they have ever been taught to do are a few disco moves. Cna't wait for the public vote to start making it's presence felt. Don't think it'll be too long before we discover that the public are not warming to her in this series.
    flute girl I thought the exact same thing about Colin and Kristina tonight. I think you're right and I'm sure real partners would never have such a height difference for this reason
    Agree with you and flutegirl about Colin and Kristina's height difference, you're absolutely right he does seem to have hunch forwards which is unattractive although he obviously isn't ;)

• Advertisement

Ive been thinking for a while that christina is too short for Colin. I also thought gerry was too tall for anton which is why they looked so awkward

Ive been thinking for a while that christina is too short for Colin. I also thought gerry was too tall for anton which is why they looked so awkward
    Are all the pro dance girls short?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

janeyt wrote: »
    Are all the pro dance girls short?

Natalie is quite tall, I'd say Kristina is one of the smaller pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Kristina is not just a tiny bit too short, she's at least 6 inches too short. Colin should have been partnered with Natalie. You can't have proper ballroom lines with that height differential. It's just not possible.
    That's what my wife says anyway!

Natalie is the tallest, Aliona is quite tall as well.
    Sometimes I wonder why they pair a guy so tall with a much shorter female

• Advertisement

Natalie is the tallest, Aliona is quite tall as well.
    Sometimes I wonder why they pair a guy so tall with a much shorter female

Some of the professionals are more flexible than others - maybe some of the girls didn't want to be paired with Colin because it would mean flying out to Canada and different places.

I think that's why Nicky got Karen too, she was probably one of the few willing to train in Dublin.

LizT wrote: »
    Some of the professionals are more flexible than others - maybe some of the girls didn't want to be paired with Colin because it would mean flying out to Canada and different places.

I think that's why Nicky got Karen too, she was probably one of the few willing to train in Dublin.
    I didn't realize Karen had to go to Dublin, maybe she didn't know where it was :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

don't they all train in England?

casio4 wrote: »
    don't they all train in England?

Nope, Nicky trains in Dublin for most of the week. He said he wouldn't do the show otherwise. Colin was in Canada a few weeks ago and Kristina had to fly out to him to train.

James said he wanted to be partnered with Denise because they live near each other. So there's obviously a lot more to consider than just height.

Id say james chose Denise as shes got talent and he hates being with anybody whos not good
    I didnt realise though that the professionals had a say in who they got as a partner. I just thought the producers picked everything.

Id say james chose Denise as shes got talent and he hates being with anybody whos not good
    I didnt realise though that the professionals had a say in who they got as a partner. I just thought the producers picked everything.

I'd say the producers make the final decision but there's probably a little input from the pros.

I'd say the producers make the final decision but there's probably a little input from the pros.
    After all these years of watching it never occurred to me that the pro dancers had a say in who they partnered, how naive I am:o

Poor Colm, when he's finished he may as well come and milk the cows with me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Think Louis was really good Victoria looked a bit wooden
    Also enjoyed kimberly

Kara Tointon is one lucky lady ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

cazzak79 wrote: »
    Think Louis was really good Victoria looked a bit wooden
    Also enjoyed kimberly

Victoria was woeful. Over marked once again.
    Nicky was over marked as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Heroditas wrote: »
    Victoria was woeful. Over marked once again.
    Nicky was over marked as well.
    yes I agree I didn't think either of their dances were good and way over marked.I thought Louis danced very well and even though he's not my favourite I thought Darcy was a bit harsh on him. I loved Denise's dance and thought she was going to get 10's but I suppose it's too early in the competition for that kind of score :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

casio4 wrote: »
    I thought Louis danced very well and even though he's not my favourite I thought Darcy was a bit harsh on him.
    A bit of reverse psychology from Darcy maybe?!
    Or maybe she was just making a point that she's not showing favouritism?
    She did seem very harsh.

Colin/Kristina and Richard/Erin bottom 2, Colin and Kristina out: source: digitalspy SCD forum

Completely shocked at that!!
    I would have kept Colin in over Richard!

I think Colin didn't look right with Kristina, he could have done well with a taller dancer. I've yet to see Richard dance in the live show (not home in time) but from what I've seen he gives it his all and must have good support from the public.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I feel bad for Colin. He was at a disadvantage straight away with the frankly comical height difference. Several people remarked on D.S that it looked like a dad dancing with his daughter and they weren't far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

God, I don't think I've seen The Wanted before. They're kind of awful.

I'm disappointed with that result.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    God, I don't think I've seen The Wanted before. They're kind of awful.

I'm disappointed with that result.
    I didnt see tonights show but I usually love the wanted.
    Im dissapointed wiith the result too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I very much agree darcy was a bit hash on louie. I am not surprised by tonight's dance off as to who was saved, richard and erin improved since last night, was touch and go last night. Colin did better last night than tonight so not surprised who was saved really. The rest did very well I thought last night. Loved Vincent's and Danny's Dance routine. Tonight's show was quiet funny too comical by the judges really.

Advertisement