Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭cosbloodymick

No way should Richard still be in the competiton, he has been rubbish throughout! And for Ola to go out last week and Christina to go out this week is a sickener. At least Kimberly is still going well and I hope she wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I absolutely loved the men dancing at the start, I was waiting for the girls to join them, which to my delight didn't happen :D here come the boys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I was thinking that would it not be beneficial to have a "dahnce di-sah-ster" on Saturday and have a solid dance on Sunday. If Richard had have did the Sunday dance on Saturday and Sunday, I don't think it would have been as straight forward for the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Just found this thread- yeah shall be logging in weekly.

Here are my thoughts on the series so far
    This weekends elimination- Richard was better in dance off and that is what it comes down to. I really liked Colin though and Kristina is a fantastic choreographer
    Victoria- Judges favourite can do no wrong in their eyes. She is consistently messing up, I'm think she just isn't that interested in the show, just signed up to increase her profile
    Nicky- I think Nicky is hampered by a poor professional dancer, I don't think she is strong enough or disciplined enough.
    Michael Vaughan- love Michael, will struggle with Latin this week I think. Natalie is great teacher and seems a really sound person
    Fern- Staying out of bottom two only because of Artems glorious torso! Not sure if he is playing it safe this year, his choreography the 2 previous years was amazing this year he doesn't seem to challenge Fern
    Louis- So glad Flavia has a good partner this year, have to be favourites to win
    Denise- actually don't mind her, good match for James' strong personality. Don't think she will get public vote
    Kimberly- her and Pasha a little bland but always good
    Dani- personally can't stand Vincent, but they are a good pairing
    Richard- next to go I think. When did Erin last make it to week 6?
    Lisa- I think she peaked to soon. Love the partnership, but I think they have been lucky in the dances they had te first few weeks

Louis, Kimberly and Dani I reckon for the final

• Registered Users Posts: 41 janeyt

I can't understand the judges with Victoria Pendleton,:confused: I know she is a fantastic cyclist and olympian but I really don't think she can dance, the judges seem really soft with her, almost as though they don't want to hurt her feelings, anyone else think this or am I just being mean? I don't dislike the lass I just find her unimproved from the first show. :mad:Also I found it
    rather disrespectful to Andreas Botticelli when the audience were yelling and screaming for the pro dance going on, while the lovely man was singing so beautifully, as after all, he cannot see what is going on.:eek: Right, rant over, feel much better for getting that off my chest, thank you for your time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I also think Victoria is overmarked. I think nicky is as well.

I agree with the poster that said Lisa had peaked to early.

I find Fern really boring, same old routine week in. I think Artem knows his time will be up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

janeyt wrote: »
    I can't understand the judges with Victoria Pendleton,:confused: I know she is a fantastic cyclist and olympian but I really don't think she can dance, the judges seem really soft with her, almost as though they don't want to hurt her feelings, anyone else think this or am I just being mean? I don't dislike the lass I just find her unimproved from the first show. :mad:Also I found it
    rather disrespectful to Andreas Botticelli when the audience were yelling and screaming for the pro dance going on, while the lovely man was singing so beautifully, as after all, he cannot see what is going on.:eek: Right, rant over, feel much better for getting that off my chest, thank you for your time :D

I agree 100% with all of that. Victoria was so wooden on Saturday and looked like she couldn't remember what she was supposed to be doing most of the time and yet Craig gave her the same mark he gave Louis who's samba was much better. It makes no sense.

I also thought the audience should have stayed quiet when Andrea Bocelli was singing. It must have been very off putting for him.

Back to Victoria, the sooner she's gone, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I think it's almost like the judges have been told not to criticize her too much. She was terrible on Sat night, she deserved to be in the bottom two. Colin was much better than her.

LizT wrote: »
    I think it's almost like the judges have been told not to criticize her too much. She was terrible on Sat night, she deserved to be in the bottom two. Colin was much better than her.
    I agree they aren't going to upset Victoria for whatever reason:rolleyes: and they are too soft on Nicky is that because there are alot of Westlife fans watching the show and voting? maybe they don't want to lose him cause the fans will switch off

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

casio4 wrote: »
    I agree they aren't going to upset Victoria for whatever reason:rolleyes: and they are too soft on Nicky is that because there are alot of Westlife fans watching the show and voting? maybe they don't want to lose him cause the fans will switch off

Even if they do score him low, he's obviously getting the public support so I wouldn't say that's a factor at all

• Advertisement

Thank you its nice to know I'm not the only one who sees things differently to the judges. Victoria will surely go soon. At
    least Richard is hilarious and has some entertainment value.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I can't understand the judges with Victoria Pendleton,:confused: I know she is a fantastic cyclist and olympian but I really don't think she can dance, the judges seem really soft with her, almost as though they don't want to hurt her feelings, anyone else think this or am I just being mean?
    I agree totally. Maybe they don't want to make people vote for her out of sympathy so it's like reverse psychology. If that is the case though, it's not working!
    They do seem to treat her with kid gloves every week though. :confused:

Does anyone know if Westlife still exist as a band? I seem to think that they had split up quite a while ago so why are there
    any Westlife fans voting for Nicky, still living in the past maybe. My "boyband" heart-throbs were the Monkees;) and the
    Osmands and I suppose if Mickey Dolenz or Donny Osmond:o were on Strictly I'd be rooting for them so I don't know what
    I'm talking about really, my age is showing, just another senior moment :confused: Aplogies

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I seem to think that they had split up quite a while ago so why are there
    any Westlife fans voting for Nicky, still living in the past maybe. My "boyband" heart-throbs were the Monkees;) and the
    Osmands and I suppose if Mickey Dolenz or Donny Osmond:o were on Strictly I'd be rooting for them so I don't know what
    I'm talking about really, my age is showing, just another senior moment :confused: Aplogies

Are you sure your location's not with the fairies as opposed the cows? :p

They split, think it was around this time last year? Course the Westlife fans will be voting for Nicky....just because they split doesn't mean anything!

Yes you're right Chocoholic84 on both counts, I think I must be away with fairies :o and of course bands splitting up doesn't mean the fans desert them, I'm still mourning the death of Davy Jones but you probably don't know who he was if you're username gives your age away, I actually did know that Nicky
    was a Westlifer as my daughters keep me informed from time to time but didn't realize their retirement was so recent, maybe I'm getting mixed up with those other lovely Irish lads,:confused: now what was the name now:D:D Thats it boys aloud!!!!:p xx

Westlife are hoping to do what 'Take That' did and go off the scene for a while so expect a big reunion in a few years when the money is running out and all the fans will be there for them :D

casio4 wrote: »
    Westlife are hoping to do what 'Take That' did and go off the scene for a while so expect a big reunion in a few years when the money is running out and all the fans will be there for them :D
    Please dont say that. I had to take my mum to the farewell tour, I am not going again!!

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Please dont say that. I had to take my mum to the farewell tour, I am not going again!!
    Oh dear:eek::D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nicky comes across to me on this show as having zero personality and no charisma. There seems to be absolutely no chemistry between him and Karen either.
    I just find him unlikeable and dull. :o

not long till saturday!!

• Advertisement

Darcy's neck is bothering me.
    She always wears somethin thats wrapped around her neck and it looks like its choking her

Darcy's neck is bothering me.
    She always wears somethin thats wrapped around her neck and it looks like its choking her
    Darcy is on ITT tonight with Zoe I think, it will be interesting to see what she's wearing ;)

Darcy is on ITT tonight with Zoe I think, it will be interesting to see what she's wearing ;)
    I didnt get to see it, what was she wearing??
    I really hope Fern goes this week. Although Richad is a bad dancer, next week is Wembley, and i think he will put on a good performance. I just find Fern dull and boring

Darcy wore trousers, a sparkly top and a jacket with nothing around her neck but she did have her hair lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Tonight is the first chance I will get to watch the show live. Looking forward to seeing Richard dance, and Denise as well, given that she seems to be getting a lot of stick (not here) because she's very good. Is James Jordan on to a winner this year?

I would really like to see Flavia win it. I think she's brilliant, and i cant even be jealous of her six pack as shes such a nice person

I would really like to see Flavia win it. I think she's brilliant, and i cant even be jealous of her six pack as shes such a nice person
    I love Flavia too and I'm so pleased she's been paired with a good celeb this year. I like Kimberley and Pasha together and I think Lisa is great. I wonder if
    James and Denise can win it, no favourites myself but I prefer good dancers to go through and make the competition more exciting towards the end. I do have a bit of a thing for Vaughnie, we're a cricket mad family,so I am really hoping he can pull off his Salsa tonight.

I would also like Pacha and Kimberly to win it.
    I cant warm to James sometimes. I'm from the same place as Denise and ive never really liked her.

I am so mad
    Got home from work to find upc hasnt recorded strictly
    Arghhhhhhhh

• Advertisement

Where is the spoiler?

Advertisement