Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM11 loading problems

Options
  • 05-09-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭

What it says on the tin.

Can't get FM11 to load properly. It just stays on the screen just before the main menu where it says in "loading" and it changes between languages. I've left it there to see if it's just taking longer than normal but it never progresses beyond that. The longest I've counted it being stuck at that stage is about ten minutes, though I think I've been at that point at waited for lonfer. After that, I just CTRL-ALT-DEL'd it.

Obviously, this is really annoying. Previously, I had no such problems with FM. It'd take, at most, a minute to get past that loading screen. I don't have any kind of problems like this with other games I have from Steam. They all load fine, even LA Noire which runs pretty slowly on my computer.

I didn't play FM for about a month but when I went back again this problem started up. I doubt it's anything to do with RAM as I've 616GB free on a 680GB laptop I bought about six months ago. Though, when I try to run it, it does slow down my computer considerably but the speed returns once it's been closed down.

At my wits end here. Have been thinking about sending Steam a snotty email but don't see what good that'll do.

Anybody else have any ideas or suggestions?

Advertisement