Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HR Licence

Options
  • 05-09-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what an unrestricted HR licence transfers to when i go back to
    Ireland?

Also does a HC or a MC convert to an artic licence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

AFAIK a HR licence when converted to a Irish licence gets you a E+C licence which is a artic licence.

As for the HC and MC i think they to just convert to a E+C irish licence as well.

Not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

rightyabe wrote: »
    AFAIK a HR licence when converted to a Irish licence gets you a E+C licence which is a artic licence.

As for the HC and MC i think they to just convert to a E+C irish licence as well.

Not 100% sure

Interesting considering that a hr is classed as a heavy rigid and allows you to pull one trailer but with limited weight. Thought the hc would have been more closer to the artic licence as it only allows one trailer also but allows for larger weight.

Actually just looking at my irish licence there and you may be right as a E+C1 is a rigid and trailer but limits you to less than 12 tonne. While a hr licence allows you to go to 27 tonne with a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

What about converting an Irish C licence for an Australian HR?

(Sorry for the thread hijack)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

kkelly77 wrote: »
    What about converting an Irish C licence for an Australian HR?

(Sorry for the thread hijack)

No chance unfortunately, they will only give you a full car licence.

But if Uve had your car licence for 3 years they will let you do the 10 question theory which will allow you to do the test.

Advertisement