Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taoiseach praises Paralympic heroes

• 05-09-2012 3:22pm

well inist this a kick in the teeth :mad:

you praise them Kenny then cut their benefit when they come home you are such a hypocrite and parasite

Taoiseach Enda Kenny has led tributes to Ireland's Paralympic team as it scooped its fifth gold medal.

Michael McKillop won his second gold medal for Team Ireland in the 1500m T37, bringing the overall medal tally to eight.

The athlete - who is trained by his father Paddy and was presented with his medal by his mother Catherine - said it was great to do a double in London.

"When I heard that the 1500m would be on the programme here, I was thrilled as I didn't have this opportunity in Beijing," he said. "It means so much to be able to do this."

"I had agreed with my coach that I would work steadily until 800m and increase the pace gradually to see who would come with me.

Only the Australian did so I increased the pace again. The plan worked." Mr Kenny said it had been an amazing first week for the competitors.
    "Putting on the Irish singlet to compete at this level is the culmination of the hopes, dreams and hard work of the Team Ireland athletes and they have done themselves and their country proud," said Mr Kenny.

The Taoiseach also complimented Helen Kearney on her impressive win of silver on Mister Cool in the Para-equestrian mixed individual championship test-grade 1a - a placement that also helped Ireland win the dressage team bronze medal.

And he congratulated both Catherine Walsh and her sighted pilot Fran Meehan on winning silver in the Para-cycling individual B pursuit.

"The 49 athletes taking part, covering 10 sports, are a credit to Team Ireland and their families, and I look forward to a fantastic week to come," Mr Kenny added.

Sports Minister Leo Varadkar and junior minister Michael Ring also congratulated McKillop on achieving his second gold Paralympic medal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Should he not praise them then?

The Irony of then in the Dail is sickening. :mad:

Praise them, then fleece then.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Fair play and well done I say. About time we see some sort or form of success/win for Ireland. Doesn't happen offten :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Lets just look for **** to argue about yyyyyeaaahhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Nah, Kenny's arséholery shouldn't even factor in here as every man, woman and child in the country should praise them regardless of who they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTE highlights - 11.45 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"The 49 athletes taking part, covering 10 sports, are a credit to Team Ireland and their families, and I look forward to a fantastic week to come as I attend my photo-op with them" Mr Kenny added.

FOAD

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

The country is skint? everybodys getting cut not just disabled people. Theres a mentality in this country of entitlement "how dare they cut us". Im sure the disability along with the dole is one of the highest paid in europe.

we are borrowing money of other countries to pay big social welfare, while the people of the countries we borrow from get less!!

Advertisement