Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a Debit Card?

• 05-09-2012 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I won't lie, I don't know much about it except it like a online credit card?

I am from Bank of Ireland, so do I go into any bank to ask about it, or the bank that actually holds my bank account?

And I already have a normal ATM card, which I thought was debit card, until I saw the small: this is not a debit card :/

So when i go in, do I say I need to upgrade my card to a debit card or something? And what happens then, do they take your normal card from you and fixed it up for a couple days? Also do you have to pay a price for debit or not, since you already have the basic card and bank account?

Sorry I just really dont know what to do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Visa Debit cards work exactly like your current ATM card, except you can also use them wherever you see VISA displayed- which is very handy for online shopping.

Bank of Ireland are in the process of changing all their laser/ATM cards to Visa debit cards, so to get yourself bumped up on the list and get yours sooner, go down to your branch and request your card. Your current ATM card will remain in use/active until you validate your new card, which will come in the post usually about a week later. You won't need to pay for it (well, you shouldn't need to) and they won't take your current card off you. It's up to you to get rid of that as soon as your set up with your new card.

Hope this helps!

Advertisement