Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Book Challenge

Options
  • 05-09-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I’ve decided to set a personal challenge of 100 books in 2 years – I’d like to get back into reading regularly instead of just spending hours in front of the TV, watching trash, and probably trash that I’ve previously seen. It’s a bad habit I’ve gotten into so hope to change it to a good habit of reading instead. I think this log will be a good motivator too… just to keep on track and see what number I’m at. I want to read lots of different genres so might come across some difficult reads for me, so the 2 years is just an approximate….. So Sept 2012 – Sept 2013.

I’ve just read my first two, 2 down 98 to go…

#1 Stolen Souls by Stuart Neville (2/09/2012)
    * 7.5/10 – this was a brilliant book to kick off with, hooked from the first page, good plot, story, characters & very easy to read, my favourite type of book. Would recommend
    51MaeIvoeoL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

#2 Unforgotten by Claire Francis (5/09/2012)
    * 5.5/10 – well written book, slightly interesting but far too slow and I don’t think the story really gelled together, it had the potential to, but just lacked pace. Would not recommend
    41M83YfgE3L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Twinwolf

31KdtYC5nYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

#3 The Host by Stephenie Meyer (9/09/2012)
    * 7/10 – enjoyable book, easy to read. I thought it was just a bit slow, and I didn't read up on anything about it before I read the book & just assumed it was going to be like twilight - a series of books, so was a bit dissapointed to find out it's not - well as of yet! Would recommend

9583669.jpg

#4 Fun & Games by Duane Swierczynski (9/09/2012)
    * 4/10 - this book didn't do it for me, thought the story was ridiculous (and you can see I'm not hard to please with my selection so far), it seemed to just go on and on, on the same point, at the same pace for the entire book.
    Would not recommend - but also wouldn't take my word also - I looked up the reviews for this book & was really surprised it got high stars - I wanted to put it down many a time but had nothing else to read so stuck it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

how you getting on twin ?

Advertisement