Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Lease Early - Landlord not returning Calls

Options
  • 05-09-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Looking for a bit of help. I had been in contact with my landlord about breaking my lease early and suggested how they would like to handle it. I suggested to them about getting someone in to take over the lease.

I'm trying to be accommodating in regards the situation but the Landlord hasn't returned any of my calls or returned any of my texts when I send them. They have replied to the first text but after that nothing.

Just covering my bases just in case and want info available. If providing them with the option of me getting suitable tenancy to take over my lease and they don't accept can I still leave? (I don't mind about my deposit)

They could simply be busy but I'm preparing for what might come ahead, as I'm concerned about the lack of communication as usually they are quick and fine in responding.

Note:
    - Iv been in the apartment only 4 months. My reasons for leaving are no fault with the flat but I consider genuine for leaving.
    - I signed a 12 month lease but there was a condition that notice can be given a month from the pay date. My next rent is due this weekend so want to have this at least discussed by then
    - They might not be signed up to the PRTB. It was mentioned when I moved in that I would be signed up but I have yet to receive the letter from the PRTB

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Landlord finally got back. Sorry guys.

If anyone does have any info though that might help please post and would be appreciated.

Advertisement