Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jack Daniels kicked my ass again last night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

I believe you! I will have my eyes peeled for a shady looking character beside the melee !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Oooh Mr Moderator now is it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Oooh Mr Moderator now is it????

It's deadly and true about the free supply of coke too!! I get lots of shiney buttons to play with too :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Tom Joad wrote: »
    It's deadly and true about the free supply of coke too!! I get lots of shiney buttons to play with too :D:D

Ha, I knew it, there's no way you were running those sessions of natural talent alone. I'm calling the Cavan branch of WADA :)

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Ha..busy out today too with Mr. Nash and Mr. O'Keeffe! :p

What do Cavan know about GAA?

*runs

blockic wrote: »
    Ha..busy out today too with Mr. Nash and Mr. O'Keeffe! :p

What do Cavan know about GAA?

*runs

Banned for life from GAA forum :D:D - yes the power has gone to my head.

5 miles easy with 10 x 15sec strides:

Two cloudbursts this morning and at lunchtime meant I didn't get this in until this evening. Legs felt fresher than I dared hope and no niggles after yesterdays session. Threw in 10 x 15 seconds strides. Average pace was 8:17.

More easy running tomorrow before two sessions in a row Wednesday and Thursday.

4 miles easy @ 8:34 pace

Got out nice and early again for this and kept it nice and slow ahead of sessions tomorrow and Thursday. Missed all the rain too and legs felt ok.

Week 7 Q1 Session 2mile E, 4 x 1,200mtrs Intervals, 2 mile E

First of two sessions in two days and this is where the plan starts to bite. Was in Dublin with work early so didn't get out until 4 pm and it was damn hot out.

2 mile nice and easy warm-up at 8:15 pace and then into the session. Target was 4:32 for the 1200mtrs and then 3 min jogs between them.

First rep was done in 4:25 which was a tad too quick especially as it was very warm. Done 600mtrs in the 3 mins and then straight into 2nd interval. Was a bit more controlled and was done in 4:29. Next 3 min jog (600mtrs again) went very quick and was into the third and this one started to hurt but was happy with 4:30. This was followed by the quickest 3 mins ever (600mtrs) before the last rep. Felt ok for first 400mtrs but it was very tough over the last two laps and when I finished there was nothing left in the tank. Very happy with 4:31 though :D.

Took a 2 min standing recovery and got a lot of water on board before doing a nice and slow 2 mile recovery at 8:35 pace.

Delighted with this session but can definitely feel the increase in intensity of the plan - no idea what I will be like after tomorrow's which has 4 x 1 miles at threshold pace :eek::eek:.

Total: 8 miles

Week 7 Q2 Session: 1 mile E, 4x 1 mile @ T pace, 2 mile E

Was dreading this a wee bit after yesterday's session but got out nice and early to do it as I'm off on my holliers for 10 days. :D

Pressed for time so just done 1 mile warm-up and then into the threshold miles. First was a bit on the quick side @ 6:35 (aiming for 6:44). 1 mile walking recovery and then 2nd mile @ 6:38 and another 1 mile recovery. Third mile was my best and most controlled and was done in 6:42. Last mile was tough and last half mile was up a steep drag and took a lot out of me but delighted when the watch beeped and seen it was 6:43.

2 mile easy jog and the job was a good one.

Will keep up the running when I'm on holidays - hopefully plenty of beach running :cool::).

Total: 7 miles.

• Advertisement

Just back from the holidays so first chance to update in a while. Was in the perfect place to run with loads of trails and marked ways - no excuse really and missed very few runs from the programme. Still got loads of drinking and other holiday pursuits done too. :D

Saturday 14th June: 6 mile @ 8:25 pace
    Our neighbours in the campsite were fellow runners and had a lot of good suggestions for routes from their previous visits so picked a local trail that followed the coast. Done 3 miles out and then turned back - kept the pace nice and slow and also threw in a few sprints on the beach to finish it off. Enjoyed this and the scenery was fantastic. Was about 20 degrees at 7 am doing this!!

Sunday 15th June: 11 mile LSR @ 8:15 pace
    Followed the same route as Saturday for this and started at 6 am to avoid the heat and just extended it further and scenery got even better - was a mixture of cycle paths and forest trails. Was stopped by a french guy on mile 6 who had little english and was lost so after lots of attempts with my mediocre grasp of french managed to figure out that he had gone back to a campsite with a girl the night before - lost his phone, wallet and shoes in the process and had no idea how to get back to the campsite his mates were staying at. He ended up running with me for a mile or so as I had seen a big signpost listing all the campsites in the area and giving directions. Broke up the run if nothing else :D:D and to be fair we both were very amused by the whole thing. Followed the run with lots of playing on the beach with the kids which must count as cross training!!

Weekly total: 41 miles

Monday 16th June: 5 miles @ 8:25 pace. Done this one mid morning and it was a lot hotter and tougher. Kept the pace nice and handy and took a different route in the other direction along the coast. Also found a nice flatish route with a good surface for the weeks sessions.

Tuesday 17th June: 5 miles @ 8:18 pace. Same route as Monday but got out a lot earlier so was a good bit cooler. Decided to mix things up as had a lot of driving planned for Wednesday so knew running wouldn't be possible so done the last mile in 7:15 pace and enjoyed the increase in speed - legs felt fantastic.

Thursday 19th June: 5 x 1km @ interval pace with 400m jog recoveries: As was getting my runs in decided to stick to Jack D plan so got out at 6am to get this done on the flatish route I had found Monday. Done 2 mile warm up along the beach and into the session - was really humid and knew this would be tough - decided to focus on effort and form and not to obsess about hitting target time (3:51). Manged to get all on or under the target so delighted with that but found it really tough - mostly the humidity and the fact that I was running it on the road rather than the track - splits were 3:42; 3:44; 3:45; 3:48; 3:51. Rewarded myself with a few pints watching the England game and then a few more pints after meeting a guy I hadn't seen in about 15 years who was also on holidays in the same campsite.

Continued...

Friday 20th:
    3 miles Threshold; 4x200 with 200 recoveries - Total 6 miles. Was a bit the worse for wear after previous nights beers so waited until evening to get this done. Done 1 mile warm-up and then into the 3 miles threshold - target was 3:45. It was absolute torture and found it really difficult to run at a consistent pace - was all over the place on first mile in particular. Not helped by the route which was up and down and had a very poor surface - still definitely hit the effort bit - splits were 3:49; 3:51; 3:47 so not too bad :o. Followed this with a 3 min standing recovery and then done the 4 x 200mtrs and all were between 41 and 43 seconds so happy with that. Total 6 miles

Sunday 22nd:
    Was wrecked after the trip home so decided to hold off on LSR until tomorrow so done 5 miles this evening at 8:28 pace.

Crash and burn :mad::mad:

Had put off my LSR to allow me to recover from the trip home until today. Plan was for 12 miles with 10 @ Marathon Pace. Had the day off work so decided to have a lie in this morning so was about 10 before I got out. Maybe this was a mistake as it was very warm but no warmer than France last week so wasn't too worried.

Started off with the plan to ease in Marathon Pace over the first mile and it was 7:34 pace so happy with that. But as soon as I got up to MP I was struggling badly - couldn't get a rythmn going and was breathing heavier than I should have been. Was feeling worse and worse so abandoned the MP after 1.5 miles :mad:. - Pace was 7:15 but couldn't hold that pace for any longer. Knew there was no point continuing as I was all over the place. Had to take a 3 min walk before turning round for home - was still struggling at easy pace so took another break after another mile. Done 5 mile in total with last 2 mile at 9:05 pace.

Annoyed that the session turned out to be such a disaster but don't think I had a choice but to bail on it. Will try this again as this week's LSR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Might have picked up some sort of lurgy - maybe take it easy for a few days and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Crash and burn :mad::mad:

Had put off my LSR to allow me to recover from the trip home until today. Plan was for 12 miles with 10 @ Marathon Pace. Had the day off work so decided to have a lie in this morning so was about 10 before I got out. Maybe this was a mistake as it was very warm but no warmer than France last week so wasn't too worried.

Started off with the plan to ease in Marathon Pace over the first mile and it was 7:34 pace so happy with that. But as soon as I got up to MP I was struggling badly - couldn't get a rythmn going and was breathing heavier than I should have been. Was feeling worse and worse so abandoned the MP after 1.5 miles :mad:. - Pace was 7:15 but couldn't hold that pace for any longer. Knew there was no point continuing as I was all over the place. Had to take a 3 min walk before turning round for home - was still struggling at easy pace so took another break after another mile. Done 5 mile in total with last 2 mile at 9:05 pace.

Annoyed that the session turned out to be such a disaster but don't think I had a choice but to bail on it. Will try this again as this week's LSR.

Too many sessions, too close together. Insane doing 12 miles w 10 @ MP 3 days after a 1k rep session and an LT run.

Sorry to be so direct TJ but IMO this is asking for illness/ injury. Madness .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

drquirky wrote: »
    Too many sessions, too close together. Insane doing 12 miles w 10 @ MP 3 days after a 1k rep session and an LT run.

Sorry to be so direct TJ but IMO this is asking for illness/ injury. Madness .

Agree with what Quirky said; does JD schedule have those workouts loaded up like that?

Stazza wrote: »
    Agree with what Quirky said; does JD schedule have those workouts loaded up like that?

Appreciate the feedback and no problem with the directness at all DrQ.

Yes on this week of the JD 1k reps were on Wed (i done it Thurs), LT on Thurs (I done it Friday) and 10 m @ MP on Sun (I done it Monday) so i followed the plan (just one day behind).

I am aware that this is the really intense phase 3 of the schedule but to be only able to do 1.5 miles at MP is worrying - will stick to easy running for next few days and see what the story is. Or maybe this plan is too tough for me :confused:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

How are you getting on Tom?

Darren 83 wrote: »
    How are you getting on Tom?

Chest Infection - on third day of antibiotics and third day off running :(. But at least it explains Monday's miserable effort :D.

Hopefully will get out for an easy run tomorrow if I feel up to it.

• Advertisement

Chest Infection - on third day of antibiotics and third day off running :(. But at least it explains Monday's miserable effort :D.

Hopefully will get out for an easy run tomorrow if I feel up to it.

Hope it clears up soon

Hope it clears up soon

Cheers Darren. Think I got it before it really got in on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Feel well soon TJ.

6 Mile easy with 5 x20sec strides:

Was starting to feel as chest had cleared with 3 days of antibiotics so headed out early this morning and felt like a new man :D. Felt nice and comfortable running and weather was a lot cooler than of late. Average pace was 8:26 and threw in 5 x 20 second strides @ 5k pace over the last mile.

Will do another easy run tomorrow and get back to the plan next week.

Castle Saunderson 5k

Last minute decision on Friday evening to do this. As the club was involved in the organisation i decided to give it a lash. Last year I ran the same race in 20:01 - it's a tough course over forest trails and has a few killer hills on it.

Was nice and fresh going into this and the aim was to sneak under the 20mins. Met a few club-mates beforehand and done a mile warm-up. It was very hot out there too. Two of the club-mates and myself who are usually fairly close in races ended up in a group on our own after the first half mile. First 500metres is downhill and a lot of people flew off and got burned badly so it was a while before the race settled down. First mile was the least hilly and under the most of the forest cover and was the quickest mile @ 6:17.
    Second mile was over tougher terrain and the surface wasn't great in places and had a few hills so while I was finding it tough mile two was 6:35. The two club-mates were beside me all the way at this stage
    Mile 3 was nasty and a lot of it was out in the full sun and featured a small hill which one of the clubmates who didn't know the course assumed was "The Hill" we were warning him about and flew off ahead after it. He soon hit the second or real hill :D started and myself and the other club-mate crawled past him near the top. I myself was left behind near the top as the other club-mate put the boot down. Mile 3 was 6:40.

Tried to reel in club-mate over the last .2 but couldn't do it and was beaten by 4 seconds with a finish of 20:11 and 11th overall.

Initial reaction was a bit of disappointment but knew I had given it everything and was in a race with others rather than the clock but did spend most of the day dealing with the doubts that I'm slower than last year with losing the 10 seconds and am going backwards over the last 4 to 5 races.

Will stick with the plan I am on until the eighteen weeks are done and hopefully it will all come together in the next nine weeks or so.

Done a long warm down run to stop legs from seizing up so total miles was 6 for the day.

5 mile easy with 10 x 20sec strides:

Out nice and early again in the sunshine :cool: for this one. Legs felt a bit heavy after the race yesterday but was zoned out planning the week ahead so wasn't watching the watch and surprised when I seen that the average pace was 7:53. Threw in 10 x 20 second strides @5k pace and legs felt a log better after this.

• Advertisement

End of June report

Funny month in many ways. Happy with the mileage especially with missing a few LSR's and a few days. Delighted to get so much running done when away on holidays and I really enjoyed my running in France. Chest infection when I came home put a wee bit of a dampner on it though but thankfully it's cleared up now. Just the one race and while I didn't get the result I wanted it was a useful session to get in.

July targets are to hit 150 miles, finish Part 3 of the JD plan, do a 5k(haven't picked one yet - possibly a parkrun) and a 10k race (Fingal 10k??), do two core sessions a week, clean up the diet (gone to pot between holidays and world cup beer:rolleyes:). - Quiet month planned so :D

Month|2013|2014
    January|57|177.2
    February|78|87
    March|87.45|148.25
    April|125.7|120.5
    May|117|94.45
    June|105|144.5
    July|125.5|
    August|125.5|
    September|112.5|
    October|160.5|
    November|148|
    December|144.5|
    Total|1386.65|771.9

5 mile easy with 6x20 sec strides:

Forgot to log this earlier:o. Got out at 5:30 am and it was nice and cool. Was away in another world listening to Pink Floyd so was surprised to see the average pace was 7:48 - a tad on the quick side but sometimes its just nice to go with it.:D Threw in 6 x 20 second strides on the last mile at roughly 5k pace.

Week 9 Q2 Session: 6x 800 I w/ 400jg

Too many world cup matches going to extra time and a teething baby made sure that there was no way I could get out of the bed at 5:30 am this morning for this.

Instead got out at lunch-time and thankfully it was a bit cooler and there was a bit of a breeze out. Unfortunately in my haste to get out I forgot to take water with me.

Was pressed for time so just done a 1 mile warm-up (untimed) and a few stretches before getting into the intervals.

First was way too quick @ 2:48 :eek:(target was 3:04) but the wind was swirling around the track so difficult to get the pace right.

2nd and 3rd reps were both in 3:00 bang on. For the I just concentrated on keeping my form good and didn't look at watch so was pleased to see this also come in at 3:00.

4th was done in 3:01 and felt ok but on the jog my right shoulder was sore - reckoned this was a result of the form being poor on the first 3 intervals especially into the wind.

Relaxed on the fifth rep and tried to keep the shoulders from tensing up - worked partially - 3:03.

6th and last was done in 3:01 and happy with this as shoulder loosened up a wee bit.

Done a 2 mile cool down to finish off. Overall was happy with this session as hit the times comfortably enough.

Total: 7 miles

Week 9 Q3 Session: 2 mile Easy, 5X 1T, 6 strides and 1 mile easy:

Up with the lark again for this and was on the road by 5:30. Glorious morning too which helped. Nice and easy 2 mile warm-up @ 8:15 pace got the ball rolling and then done a fair bit of stretching. Target T pace was 6:44 and plan had 1 min rests between the T miles.

First was done in 6:31 - got a little bit carried away :). Rest were 6:38; 6:39; 6:39 & 6:37. Was delighted with these and felt good and strong and was comfortably tough. 1 min rests went way too quick though!!

Done 6x15 second strides and 1 mile easy home @ 8:14 pace

Total - 8 miles and all done and dusted by 7 am :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Week 9 Q3 Session: 2 mile Easy, 5X 1T, 6 strides and 1 mile easy:

Up with the lark again for this and was on the road by 5:30.

First was done in 6:31 - got a little bit carried away :). Rest were 6:38; 6:39; 6:39 & 6:37. Was delighted with these and felt good and strong and was comfortably tough.
    Total - 8 miles and all done and dusted by 7 am :cool:.

Great times and consistency for those intervals, especially given the time of day. Really wakes you up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Two great sessions there TJ. I like the sound of the programme you're on. The mileage is waaay too high for me but the sessions sound like fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Cleanman wrote: »
    Two great sessions there TJ. I like the sound of the programme you're on. The mileage is waaay too high for me but the sessions sound like fun!

You can modify some of the sessions pending on your mileage.

From my research the Jack D plan is as low mileage as you can get. I reckon you could tailor the plan to get by on 30 miles a week including the sessions. The thing I like about the Jack D plan is that the mileage is not the be all and end all. If you look at the sessions - they all have two mile warm-ups and two mile warm-downs included. That's an extra 8 mile a week! - while I'm not advocating doing no warm-up or cool-down, I've often wondered about the need for the two mile at either end - would one mile not be enough??

Point is that the sessions account for a large amount of the total mileage - this week 15 miles of my total weekly mileage!! My LSR will be 12 miles so could hit 40 miles by 2 days of 3 miles easy and 1 day of 4 easy. - Might be a plan you could adapt for a lower mileage week as average runner says.

The sessions are fun too - I just hate the MP stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Yeah the warm ups and cools down are a bit long, usually for me its a mile warm up and 1k/mile warm down.

I have altered my sessions a bit, just because its my first plan this year and just got over an injury, the kind of changes i made were:

Instead of 200m jog recovery, i did 100m walk and 100m jog
    Instead of 1 min recovery between tempos of 1 mile, i did 2 min.
    I aint doing the strides yet.
    After phase 2 alot of this will be corrected, but you can make the changes to suit your needs.

Yeah the warm ups and cools down are a bit long, usually for me its a mile warm up and 1k/mile warm down.

I have altered my sessions a bit, just because its my first plan this year and just got over an injury, the kind of changes i made were:

Instead of 200m jog recovery, i did 100m walk and 100m jog
    Instead of 1 min recovery between tempos of 1 mile, i did 2 min.
    I aint doing the strides yet.
    After phase 2 alot of this will be corrected, but you can make the changes to suit your needs.

Would agree on the warm up/cool down bit and often wondered about why the two miles in the plan?

I'm not sure about altering the sessions themselves though - I'd be afraid that if I altered the recoveries etc I wouldn't be getting the same stimulus from the session. The one minute recoveries are evil but I do stick to them!!

6 mile with 7x 20 sec strides:

Was feeling fairly sluggish heading out the door for this this morning - got a bit carried away with the wine last night :D. Was zoned out and wasn't checking the watch so surprised when I seen that the average pace was 7:52. A tad on the quick side but felt like easy effort so not too worried. Threw in 7 x 20 second strides on the last mile.

6 mile with 7x 20 sec strides:

Was feeling fairly sluggish heading out the door for this this morning - got a bit carried away with the wine last night :D. Was zoned out and wasn't checking the watch so surprised when I seen that the average pace was 7:52. A tad on the quick side but felt like easy effort so not too worried. Threw in 7 x 20 second strides on the last mile.

What is the name of this wine? might try it if I can get a session like that done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

What is the name of this wine? might try it if I can get a session like that done

ha ha pour me a glass while you're at it:D

Ososlo wrote: »
    ha ha pour me a glass while you're at it:D

Just poured myself another glass of it - that's the end of the bottle :pac:. Although there are another 19 bottles - it's very nice wine (Cotés du Rhone) that I brought back from France. And I did resolve to give up world cup beers in July :D:D

12 miles with 10 @MP.

Seeing as I had a great week running and the legs were feeling good the last few days in spite of two back to back sessions, I decided to do take 2 of the 10miles @ MP that I had to bail on the week before last. Set the alarm for 6 o'clock to have the porridge and allow it to settle and eventually got out at 7 o'clock. By a half a mile in I was already hitting MP (7:15) so decided to go with it and leave the warm-up at 1/2 mile.

First few miles felt great and the pace was nice and comfortable. Noticed that it was getting quicker over the next few miles but didn't feel uncomfortable so went with it. I did get tired over the last two miles but pace was still good and felt I could have done a few more miles at MP pace. :D

Done 1.5 mile cool down and felt fantastic after this and really glad I got it done. A nice wee confidence booster and learned two good lessons from this:

1. Sometimes I psych myself out before a session - I build it up into something nearing impossible and then it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. Today I just relaxed and decided this was getting done and if it didn't it wasn't the end of the world.

2. Focus on effort rather than pace - I don't have to constantly check the pace and maintain the exact pace I am aiming for every second of the session. Today I relaxed about the pace and went with how I was feeling and concentrated on form and it definitely made this feel easier.

Splits for MP bit were:

7:15; 7:14; 7:12; 7:14; 7:14; 7:08; 7:08; 7:08; 7:07; 7:08

Overall delighted with this and rounds off a good weeks work.

Total weekly mileage: 43 miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Great session Tom

5 mile with 10 x 15 secs strides:

Legs felt surprisingly fresh after yesterdays session so got out early to get this done. Done the 5 miles in 8:02 average pace and threw in 10 15 second strides over the last mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Great session yesterday - 10@MP is great going for early July.

sandbagging? :)

Great session yesterday - 10@MP is great going for early July.

sandbagging? :)

Thanks AMK - yeah nice wee confidence booster - If I could put a few weeks like that together would be nice.

I'll hold my hands up to a lot but definitely not sandbagging!! Have you seen my recent times!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

you might aswell join the 3.10 bus for DCM TJ if your banging out those kinda MP sessions in July - great stuff.

Whoa hold on there - I don't do marathon's remember!!! :D

5.5 miles with 8 x20 sec strides:

Was absolutely wrecked from all the early mornings so treated myself to a lie in this morning. Got out at lunchtime instead. And after bragging at tea break this morning that I hadn't got rained on in months while out running - yep you guessed it, I got soaked to the bone. :rolleyes:

Enjoyed this as I do it on a nice loop close to work and the run was over before I knew it. Threw in 8 x 20second strides on the last mile.

While legs felt fresh and this felt very easy, average pace was 7:47 so gave myself a bit of a talking to after this :o and will make a conscious effort to keep these easy runs at a slower pace so as not to risk injury.

Week 10: Q2 Session: 4x1200mtrs

A rare straightforward session in the plan - normally have to write the session on a post-it or the back off my hand to remember it :D.

Got out nice and early to a lovely morning with a nice light breeze- just about perfect for running. Done a nice and slow 2 mile easy to warm-up.

Target for the 1200mtrs was 4:36

Splits were as follows:
    4:34 - Happy with this as felt the first 200mtrs I was sluggish and not fully awake
    4:31 - Definitely awake now - felt good.
    4:30 - Buzzing as I realised the session was over half done.
    4:32 - Nice and controlled and form was good.

Recovery was 3 min jog between reps (worked out at 600mtrs or 8:00 pace)

2 mile cool-down and was back home to wake the house for the day. Very happy with this session as felt comfortable and it's a nice feeling to think I could have done at least one more rep.

Will be back to writing tomorrow's session on a post-it. :D

Total: 8 mile

Week 10: Q3 Session: 1mile E, 1 mile T, 2 mile T, 1 mile T, 4 x 200mtrs, 1mile E.

Extra time in the match last night meant there was no way I was getting out of the bed at the crack of dawn for this, so waited until lunch time to get out. Was a wee bit achey from core session last night all morning - I may have got a little carried away :o.

Done this on the hard shoulder of the main road so not as flat as the track and I find it harder to judge the pace on the road than the track.

6:33 so too fast and pace was all over the place. Took the prescribed 2 min recovery before 2 mile T - First mile was a bit up and down with the pace so not surprised to set it @ 6:31. Second was 6:48 and was on the hilliest part of the route. Had 1 minute recovery (quickest minute ever) before last mile T and this was the most controlled - last half mile was tough as was into the wind and rain so very happy with 6:41.

Took another 2 min recover before the 4x200 @ R pace with 200 jog recoveries. Felt comfortable and all between 40 - 42 pace so delighted with that.

1 mile recovery @ 8:05 pace for a total of 7 miles. Followed that with a bacon sandwich and a bowl of coffee :D.

• Advertisement

12.5 miles LSR @ 8:01

Had to travel down the country early this morning so out at 5:30am for this. Fairly uneventful run and kept the pace steady and consistent. Felt good even with the early start. Brought the runners with me so will get an easy run in tomorrow.

Advertisement