Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Daniels kicked my ass again last night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

5 x 400mtrs interval at 1:20 - 1:22 - with 400 interval rests and a mile warm up at easy pace..

Fairly consistent running so happy with that and nice tough session..

So after 9 weeks off injured finally back running :D

Plan is to concentrate on putting down a good base for the year ahead and with this in mind am going to use the Hal Higdon 5km Intermediate 8 week plan to get a good base and hopefully knock a fair bit of 5k Pb (20:11)

First run today
    3 mile @ 8:05 pace (24:16)

5*400 mtrs intervals 1:25 - 1:28, 1 mile warm up and walked 400 mtrs between intervals.

Found it tough but to be expected after 9 weeks layoff..

Thursday - cross training for an hour as couldn't get out for a run.

Today 3 Mile in 23:58 (8:00 pace)

1st LSR since coming back from injury and managed 5 mile in 40:10 (8:02 pace) - felt comfortable and footpaths were slippery so surprised that I was that quick.

Week 1 total: 4 sessions : 14.5 miles

• Advertisement

3 mile in 22:10. Had to take to the treadmill tonight due to slippy footpaths - needs must and might have to spend a bit of time on the treadmill this week.

3 Mile in 23:10 last night- nice easy running in the rain - felt good :)

the plan had 30 min tempo work in for tonight - i hate tempo work :mad:

9:30 mins 1.15miles
    10:00 mins 1.40 miles
    9:15 mins 1.15 miles

Total 28:45 3.7miles
    Was running a circular loop so was a wee bit short but happy with a tough session with a fair few hills and running into a lot of wind.. good workout.

Hopefully can keep getting out over the weekend with the forecast :eek:

3 Mile fast in the plan - unfortunately weather wasn't co-operating with me so ended up on the treadmill.

Anyway done 3 Mile in 20:10

LSR today and nice to back on the roads - temperatures here never rose about 1 degree all day but at least the footpaths were clear. I think the cold speeded me up as I finished 5 mile in 38:50 (7:45 pace) - bit quicker than planned but felt good..

Weekly Total: 5 sessions; 17.7 miles

• Advertisement

3 Mile 22:55.. Due to freezing fog, crap nights kip etc, etc ended up doing this on treadmill. But at least session got done..

6 * 400 mtrs

Surprisingly consistent this morning - all between 1:20 and 1:22

Done a 1 mile warm up and 400mtrs recovery between intervals.

Total of 4miles -happy with that and rewarded myself with a big mug of coffee afterwards :D

Tonight - 3 miles in 22:55 (7:35 pace)

Happy to be back out on the road again but couldn't figure out why the front of my legs were aching until I realised that I forgot to stretch after the interval training yesterday - won't be making that mistake again too soon :o

6 Mile in 43:55 (7:38 pace) - a lot quicker than planned but no ill effects so happy enough - especially as most of the time I was running in hail (fecking sore on the face :mad:)

Missed Saturday's session so have to make that up.

Weekly total 4 sessions 16 Miles

4 mile in 31:09 (7:45 pace)

Schedule had me down for a 3 mile today. Still feeling guilty over missing Satruday so done the 4 miler I should have done then.. perfect morning for running - found it tough but was still half asleep :)

So much for catching up with missed session :mad: Have hard week from hell with work and loads of travelling - then come home to sick children (nasty tummy bug) so no kip.

Anyway moan over - eventually got out tonight and got a great 35 min tempo session in.

10mins - 1.25 miles
    15mins - 2.10 miles
    10mins - 1.35 miles

Total 35mins - 4.7 miles

Happy with that and only a day behind so will catch up tomorrow :)

3.1 miles in 22:10 (7:16 pace) - wee bit too quick but felt good..

Just to record and hopefully will be my lowest mileage month by a fair bit - Total miles in January 57miles

Yesterday was the 5km test in the plan - finished it in 19:31 - unfortunately it was on a treadmill as I couldn't get out but happy enough with that as its the top spead of the treadmill :eek:

Weekly total 14.9miles

Halfway through 8 week program and am debating between parkrun and bohermeen for 5k race... decisions, decisions. :)

3 Mile recovery tonight. 21:50 (7:16 pace) - cold but uneventful - hope conditions are ok for intervals in the morn :)

• Advertisement

7 x 400m intervals with 400m recovery between and 4x400 warm-up

All between 1:19 and 1:22 so nice and consistent

Was lovely until hail shower during last two intervals :rolleyes:

Total: 4.5 miles

3.15 miles in 24:14 (7:41 pace) - legs were a bit heavy so slow enough pace tonight - putting heavy legs down to intervals yesterday.

Plan had 4 mile fast down for today.

Hadn't planned to go early this morning but opportunity arose to get out early so grabbed it - on empty stomach which was a bad plan.

Got to 2 miles in 6:55 pace - way to fast and had to stop. Took a minute rest and then done 0.65mile in 7:00 uphill (was meant to be slower but was all over the place. Walked 0.35 mile and then done last mile in 7:01.

Frustrating session as nothing went to plan and struggled badly but circumstances worked against me..

Total 4 miles..

LSR of 7 mile today in the rain - legs felt heavy after yesterday;s exertions.

7 mile in 55:30 (7:55 pace)

Total Week: 5 sessions: 21.65 miles

3.1 mile (Nike+ turned itself to kms for some reason :eek:) so done the 5k to leave it even. 23:40 so 7;45 pace.

4 mile in 31:29 (7:52 pace) - went out early this morning as missed yesterdays session - felt like spring this morning so happy days:D

Signed up to do bohermeen 5k on 2nd March - money paid so no pulling out :)

Right, where do I start!

Missed tempo run set for Friday as was asked to play ball so done a 4 mile run instead before playing. Done it in 7:50 pace.

Was sore all over after ball and felt a twinge in the leg which was worried might keep me out for a while.

Went out today for LSR - felt sore and twingey (if that's a real word) the whole way around but managed 7 mile in exactly 56 mins so happy with that. Have a rest until Tuesday so fingers crossed that I haven't crocked myself..

Weekly Total: 4 sessions 18.1 miles

3 Mile Recovery - ended up being 3.15miles in 24:24 (7:45 pace)

nice easy running and a cracking evening for it. :)

8 x 400 Intervals - all between 1:22 and 1:25 so happy with that

Bit frosty but beautiful morning for it..

1k warm up and 400 metres recovery

Total: 5 miles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Just caught up with you log, great 5k times. Is playing football a good idea for cross training noticed that you are getting sore/hurt after it ?

Advertisement