Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Daniels kicked my ass again last night

1585960616264»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I know your to young to retire so best of luck in the new job J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

tang1 wrote: »
    I know your to young to retire so best of luck in the new job J.

Cheers B. Too young and too poor to retire. Am treating myself to a few days off before starting new job so might try and hook up with you for a run some day next week if that suited you.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Cheers B. Too young and too poor to retire. Am treating myself to a few days off before starting new job so might try and hook up with you for a run some day next week if that suited you.

Does Saturday or Sunday week suit. Herself is starting a 3 week course in the Pork Factory in T'more and is gone Monday to Friday for next 3 weeks so i'll be a single Dad and have very little scope for running during the week i'm afraid J, sorry.

Does Saturday or Sunday week suit. Herself is starting a 3 week course in the Pork Factory in T'more and is gone Monday to Friday for next 3 weeks so i'll be a single Dad and have very little scope for running during the week i'm afraid J, sorry.

No worries at all. Not sure about the Sunday week - might be able to work something - the Saturday is my eldest's 6th Birthday party so better not miss that!! Will drop you a PM closer to the time. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

No worries at all. Not sure about the Sunday week - might be able to work something - the Saturday is my eldest's 6th Birthday party so better not miss that!! Will drop you a PM closer to the time. :)

I'm not sure he'll be available ;)

G'luck with the new job, is this one a real one :)

TbL

• Advertisement

I'm not sure he'll be available ;)

G'luck with the new job, is this one a real one :)

TbL

Was wondering how long it would take you to get jealous;).

Cheers. Of course it's a real job ;) might have to limit my lunchtime runs to 2 hours now :)

Friday: 5 mile easy @ 8:26

Ended up having to switch around days as just couldn't fit a run in yesterday. Not ideal as I had a late night out last night with copious amounts of beer. Waited until this afternoon to head out and went to the forest trails. Was surprised at how warm out it was and combined with the excesses of the previous night I was sweating a lot more than I should have been for an easy run. Still in all the legs felt fine and I was glad to get out and get the miles in. Was tempted to add a few more miles on but probably best I didn't.

What's going on here? Any running J?

What's going on here? Any running J?

No running until next week. Managed to sprain my ankle after just getting back after chest infection and missed a week with that. In the interim picked up another chest infection (along with rest of house). Finished antibiotics yesterday and feel like I'm over it but under orders to take the rest of week off (for once I'm listening to the good advice I'm getting).

In retrospect doing Athlone even at a slowish pace was a bad idea and probably compromised the immune system leaving me open to another infection.

Should be back and raring to by Monday:). New job is keeping me busy and waiting for new phone so haven't been round here much lately.

You still planning on running Cavan?

Jaysus sorry to hear that, glad your hopefully over it J. Cavan not looking likely, herself is on a course last week, this week & next so I doubt it would go down well if I asked to do a race after barely seeing her in weeks.

• Advertisement

Jaysus sorry to hear that, glad your hopefully over it J. Cavan not looking likely, herself is on a course last week, this week & next so I doubt it would go down well if I asked to do a race after barely seeing her in weeks.

It's frustrating (especially when I contributed to it myself) but in the grand scheme of things it's not that long of a lay off or a serious injury.

Pity you can't make Cavan but sounds like a wise. Call ;)

It's frustrating (especially when I contributed to it myself) but in the grand scheme of things it's not that long of a lay off or a serious injury.

Pity you can't make Cavan but sounds like a wise. Call ;)

No could be worse as the fella says, you any interest in Longwood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Sorry to hear about the injury and chest infections, TJ (those damn back-to-school bugs flying around!). Take it nice and easy getting back into it.

No could be worse as the fella says, you any interest in Longwood?

Unfortunately it clashes with our Masters cross country but am very interested in the Belfast 10k you were talking about in your log. Looks like a nice one.

annapr wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the injury and chest infections, TJ (those damn back-to-school bugs flying around!). Take it nice and easy getting back into it.

Thanks. Yeah its crazy the amount of stuff this year between schools and the germ factory (creche). Must catch up on some logs too. Hope your running is going well :).

Unfortunately it clashes with our Masters cross country but am very interested in the Belfast 10k you were talking about in your log. Looks like a nice one.

Yeah it looks a fast one & standard of runner looks good going by times so should be able to fall in with a group of other runners. PB is the goal hopefully.

How's the ankle J, you running x-country tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

How's the ankle J, you running x-country tomorrow?

Closed A/C B. Just after seeing it now. All the best TJ!

Closed A/C B. Just after seeing it now. All the best TJ!

Ah jaysus, that's a big shame. See you later J.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

Ah jaysus, that's a big shame. See you later J.

I echo Tang's sentiment. A real shame to lose one of the nice guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

wowzer wrote: »
    I echo Tang's sentiment. A real shame to lose one of the nice guys.

Agree! We will miss the Cavan adventures, not to mention the blow to the Bruce fan club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Shamefully late catching up here but come back TJ....please...

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Shamefully late catching up here but come back TJ....please...

He's back, check new log started last night by Back in Black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

He's back, check new log started last night by Back in Black.

Ffs. Not only late....slow too!!! :D:D Saw that...wondered who he was! I am going to blame the novices/graduates and hope they don't read this :pac:

Advertisement