Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

life of a designer.

• 05-09-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Currently going into my third year of college doing media with design and stuff like that, did a summer course in html + css and have taught myself java, php and mysql but what I wanna know is what would be the daily routine once you get into a design company or into a developer company....

Anyone who could provide some insight would be real cool just wondering how it all flows and whether or not its a career worth persuing, have 2 years left on this course then another year and a half for a masters so want to make sure i don't waste my time.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

If you're a creative person and you have some knowledge about graphic design then It's worth to follow this path otherwise you're wasting your time. There are lots of people that know html and css.. So I would recommend you to focus more on graphic design If you want to work as a web designer. If I'd have to choose again what to do I would focus on programming rather than webdesign because it's better paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I'm good with graphics, and am going to learn the programming side.

Advertisement