Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Glastonbury 2013 ticket sorted along with my bus ticket from London, happy days.

The only down side is I start a new job next week and have no idea how my new company is going to react to this. :(

Aw well, if you're not in you can't win :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Balance of my ticket is now paid. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

harney wrote: »
    Glastonbury 2013 ticket sorted along with my bus ticket from London, happy days.

The only down side is I start a new job next week and have no idea how my new company is going to react to this. :(

Aw well, if you're not in you can't win :)

I was in the exact same position, started new job last month. Tell them early. I'm taking 4 days off and it was no problem.
    I've spent the guts of €1,000 at this stage so I was going....... one way or another (In the words of One Direction ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Can you use a credit card if living in Ireland yeah? I presume we count as an International country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Yup.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Yup.

Thanks Toast

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Morrison J wrote: »
    Can you use a credit card if living in Ireland yeah? I presume we count as an International country

Yes, but if you are trying to pay the balance for a ticket with a non UK address then you are too late as that should have been done last month. If the ticket is registered for a UK resident then it can only be paid for with a UK debit card.

robinph wrote: »
    Yes, but if you are trying to pay the balance for a ticket with a non UK address then you are too late as that should have been done last month. If the ticket is registered for a UK resident then it can only be paid for with a UK debit card.
    Im just wondering for the resale thats all. Cheers anyway. Gonna give it my best shot to get some tickets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the headliner acts are absolutely terrible in comparison to previous years

but bloody hell the rest of the acts are amazing?:)

is there any way of getting tickets for this straight up?thinking of going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

A V A wrote: »
    the headliner acts are absolutely terrible in comparison to previous years

True, bring back Beyonce and Jay-Z I say!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

not even that, all the headliners this year arent even established enough to be 'glasto' headliners? mumford and sons only peaked within the last year or so, but for them to be headlining is boll*x

Morrison J wrote: »
    Im just wondering for the resale thats all. Cheers anyway. Gonna give it my best shot to get some tickets.

Sorry, was forgetting myself for a bit there. Yep, you can use a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

A V A wrote: »
    not even that, all the headliners this year arent even established enough to be 'glasto' headliners? mumford and sons only peaked within the last year or so, but for them to be headlining is boll*x

THE. ROLLING. STONES.

Mumford and Arctic Monkeys are exactly in line with what they've done before. Some of these lineups below will look better now than they did at the time but remember people like Muse in 2004 were not known as the powerhouses they are now and had as many people bitching about them as Mumford and Sons has now at the time (not equating the bands but the stature they had in the mind of the general public at the appropriate time).

2002 Coldplay, Stereophonics, Rod Stewart.
    2003 REM, Radiohead, Moby
    2004 Oasis, Paul Mc Cartney, Muse
    2005 White Stripes, Coldplay, Basement Jaxx
    2007 Arctic Monkeys, Killers, The Who
    2008 Kings of Leon, Jayz, The Verve
    2009 Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Blur
    2010 Gorillaz, Muse, Steve Wonder
    2011 U2, Coldplay, Beyonce.

I'm just happy we didn't get Coldplay again because what the hell Michael Eavis? Getting the Rolling Stones who usually charge half the ticket price for their own shows pretty much makes up for any assumed "non headliner" power of the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Really looking forward to the new 'AfterLife' theme Shangri-La. Bladerunner world has been completely destroyed to make way for this new weird and wonderful playground :D
    This year once Festivalgoers enter the Shangri-la Afterlife there's no saying what their fate might hold. They could stumble across a secret headline performance at the epic open air 'Hell Stage', blag their way into Heaven to drink divine cocktails in the 'Garden of Eaden', rub shoulders with a pole dancing angel in 'The Temple of the Blessed Snakepit' or wander wide eyed through the winding alleys of the 'Seven Circles of Hell'. The choice of delectably perverse and exquisite experiences is limitless in the sh-Afterlife.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130404d.shtml

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Howaya!

Are ye getting glasto tickets this weekend?? I'll just share some nerdyness about browsers and auto refresh etc, cos it probably does help somebit.

First of all download firefox, and chrome, and use internet explorer/safari too.

Using firefox, go here and download...https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/auto-refresh/
    Using chrome go download...https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh-plus/oilipfekkmncanaajkapbpancpelijih?hl=en
    For internet explorer download http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=75011&t=0&i=1 (i dont think i used any auto refresh yoke for internet explorer)

Its easy enough to get them all up and running. For firefox you need to right click on a page, and go to Auto Refresh, then go to customize and set it to about every 5 seconds or something. For chrome click the blue square at the top and set the timer to whatever and click start. With internet explorer, click on the bar at the top and set the refresh interval same as the others.

Resize all the different browsers on the screen so you can watch them all at the same time...then go to the glasto page http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/ and let them all refresh like a motherfuker! If you do manage to get past the waiting page, remember to TURN OFF the auto refresh on the one that got thru so it doesnt loose the page!!

If your buying for more people, make sure you copy and paste everybodies details and postcodes from all your registration emails that they sent you, and keep all the info in a notepad file or spreadsheet or something. This way when you get thru, it wont be a panicking typing disaster, and you can calmly paste everyone in one by one, as well as your credit card details, address etc.

Its good to keep an eye on boards.ie/twitter etc to monitor how everyone is getting on!

Good luck!
    Finbarr

I'm almost certain the load balancer that is being used works on issuing a limited amount of cookies per minute. If you happen to refresh when there is a free cookie you get in. Running different browsers doesn't help this as they aren't bothering with agent based or ip based limiting or otherwise from anything I've seen or heard (other than the pigeon superstition that will always form on efestivals with people swearing browser X is the way to get them). Auto refresh is good advice but just use the one browser with multiple tabs running auto refresh will be as good as multiple browsers.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Toast wrote: »
    I'm almost certain the load balancer that is being used works on issuing a limited amount of cookies per minute. If you happen to refresh when there is a free cookie you get in. Running different browsers doesn't help this as they aren't bothering with agent based or ip based limiting or otherwise from anything I've seen or heard (other than the pigeon superstition that will always form on efestivals with people swearing browser X is the way to get them). Auto refresh is good advice but just use the one browser with multiple tabs running auto refresh will be as good as multiple browsers.

Ohh i know yeah- but its easier to be just looking at them all on the one screen rather than jumping between tabs.

It worked for me anyway! At one stage two browsers went through one after another

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

I literally can't wait. 8 of us going.
    2 mates are trying the resale too, so I've got their reg details and will be up on Sunday to join in the fun to try and get them there! Looks like I'll be on the iPhone, but that might be no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

fincollins wrote: »
    Howaya!

Are ye getting glasto tickets this weekend?? I'll just share some nerdyness about browsers and auto refresh etc, cos it probably does help somebit.

First of all download firefox, and chrome, and use internet explorer/safari too.

Using firefox, go here and download...https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/auto-refresh/
    Using chrome go download...https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh-plus/oilipfekkmncanaajkapbpancpelijih?hl=en
    For internet explorer download http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=75011&t=0&i=1 (i dont think i used any auto refresh yoke for internet explorer)

Its easy enough to get them all up and running. For firefox you need to right click on a page, and go to Auto Refresh, then go to customize and set it to about every 5 seconds or something. For chrome click the blue square at the top and set the timer to whatever and click start. With internet explorer, click on the bar at the top and set the refresh interval same as the others.

Resize all the different browsers on the screen so you can watch them all at the same time...then go to the glasto page http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/ and let them all refresh like a motherfuker! If you do manage to get past the waiting page, remember to TURN OFF the auto refresh on the one that got thru so it doesnt loose the page!!

If your buying for more people, make sure you copy and paste everybodies details and postcodes from all your registration emails that they sent you, and keep all the info in a notepad file or spreadsheet or something. This way when you get thru, it wont be a panicking typing disaster, and you can calmly paste everyone in one by one, as well as your credit card details, address etc.

Its good to keep an eye on boards.ie/twitter etc to monitor how everyone is getting on!

Good luck!
    Finbarr

Quick question regarding the auto-refresh addons, is this just the saame as hitting F5?
    Was reading on efestivals that using Ctrl and F5 is better as it fully reloads the page? (not too well read on this stuff so not sure if it makes a difference)

• Advertisement

Success! Got in almost straight away on the coach package. Not ideal but didnt want to risk leaving it to try and get just the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

ceegee wrote: »
    Success! Got in almost straight away on the coach package. Not ideal but didnt want to risk leaving it to try and get just the ticket.

Well done. I still cant even get onto the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Sold out now... :mad:

gazzer wrote: »
    Well done. I still cant even get onto the page.

PM me your details if you want a hand trying to get through, only coach tickets left now, ordinary ones sold out

Wednesday Coach: http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2013-ticket-coach-travel-wednesday/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/704995

Thursday Coach: http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2013-ticket-coach-travel-thursday/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/705203

exilec wrote: »
    Sold out now... :mad:

Theres still coach + ticket combos available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks man. I am on a holding page for coach tickets so hopefully I will get through soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Theres still coach + ticket combos available
    thanks trying for thurs but not having any luck ...:mad:

just keep hammering f5, had a try there and got to the booking page within a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Managed to get 2 tickets about 5 minutes ago. Had to book single coach tickets from Birmingham so not sure how I'm going to get back, but I'll worry about that later :D

• Advertisement

Anyone still looking? Have a booking page open for wed coach, was trying for someone on efestivals but they got sorted

Advertisement