Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Manc-Red wrote: »
    He looked a bit up his own ar*e I felt, the hair & cabaret voice just looked completely out of place to the rest of the lads.

Many people complained last time they played he didn't put a effort in. This time he does and he's called a prat. You can't win can you :rolleyes:. Yeah his accent was a little clumsy but you could see he was trying to entertain. The Band were great and gave a great Headliner performance and threw the kitchen sink at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I wouldn't be a Stones fan ... but I watched their performance last night and ..... I wouldn't be a Stones fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

did the 1975 play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Legendary though they are I find the Stones are well beyond it & looked last night that they were passed their bedtimes & cocoa by about 4 hour.

Watts looked dead on the drums & Richards looked like he was just watching the gig, smiling at his make-believe m8 & picking the odd chord out for the effect.

Kinda like watching Team America at Glasto it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

^^^^ durkkah durkkah:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Still , it's not as bad as tonights headliners ... fcuk me - how Mumford got to headline Glastonbury is beyond me ... they're like something Simon Cowell would "find" on Britain's Got Talent if he was looking for a diet-Pogues type act.

watts looked stiff as f*ck, it looked like he had no strength at all and was just moving his hands and keith was just plucking the random chords and playing the random little bits , they were just shoite

RayCon wrote: »
    Still , it's not as bad as tonights headliners ... fcuk me - how Mumford got to headline Glastonbury is beyond me ... they're like something Simon Cowell would "find" on Britain's Got Talent if he was looking for a diet-Pogues type act.

they're main stream success i suppose, with people that like chart music thinking they are "deadly", thats how they got there, i think they dont deserve to be there atall

they arent legendary atall,they've had 2 main stream albums that has been lapped up by sheep and they only peaked in success over the past 3 to 4 years!! no where near as iconic as the past headliners!!! it actually annoys me because i cant explain it properly how much they dont deserve to be headliners :mad:

It's looking like the best there has been over this weekend is Public Enemy..... I hate rap but I'm no fool, they were in full control of what they were doing & made it look p*ss easy.

Mumford & Sons will be fine, they're not a headline act but admittedly I like their stuff.

Not been the best Glasto, Watched U2 again from 2 year ago last night - Different Universe to the cra* that's on this year.

Did anyone catch that plonker's set??? Example??

There's a man who deserves to be hung, drawn & quartered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing the Stones after reports they were on "form" lately, but last night was embarrasing. Was Richards even playing the guitar? He looked to be just strolling around. I thought Jagger was gonna get them by but he was all over the place alot too. Shocking stuff. For all the criticism they got, at least the Arctic Monkeys nailed all their songs live, and even played their instruments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing the Stones after reports they were on "form" lately, but last night was embarrasing. Was Richards even playing the guitar? He looked to be just strolling around. I thought Jagger was gonna get them by but he was all over the place alot too. Shocking stuff. For all the criticism they got, at least the Arctic Monkeys nailed all their songs live, and even played their instruments!

The only criticism thrown towards the Monkeys set was the way Turner was acting and his accent. They nailed that set and played a blinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Stones were embarrasing imo...........watched more of Publie enemy...and i hate rap too....at least there was some energy there.....Give it up Mick before you look sad...doh..too late..:)

Bowie would have been a better choice imo...

Eagerly awaiting 9 o'clock for Editors...

Bowie would have been a better choice imo...

They should have begged Bowie to do it, Would have been fantastic to see him on stage again.

Editors on the HD Feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Surely they should have just stuck the Stones on the grandparent music afternoon slot today.
    Let my 9 year old stay up to watch them and he fell about the place laughing at how old they were,then asked to go to bed before the end of the first tune.I switched over-felt embarrassed watching.woeful

Editors are a dark rocking group with a lead singer that is very different from the rest.

Loved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Watched 30 mins of The Stones last night then switched over to watch Download on Sky Arts.

The only thing keeping the stones going now is their name, they had a huge crowd cos people just wanna say that they seen The Stones at Glastonbury

And whats wit all them fcukin flags? Would be well pissed off to be standin behind them

If you sell more albums than that clown Bieber.... I for one think you deserve a headlining placing at Glasto.

Can't believe these boys are from London!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

BBC3 now is The Smashing Pumpkins, up next is a big chunk of The XX.

I'm not saying these are tripe but they're not headliners are they?

I'm not saying these are tripe but they're not headliners are they?

Should be someone like Bowie with these on the Other Stage IMO.

• Advertisement

mutley18 wrote: »
    Should be someone like Bowie with these on the Other Stage IMO.

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I don't get the headline status of Mumford and sons.

Sure they are probably talented; but, to me at least, their music occupies a niche genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Something seems slightly awkward about The xx in a large outdoor setting, their sound is more suited to a small venue. They're not doing too bad so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Something seems slightly awkward about The xx in a large outdoor setting, their sound is more suited to a small venue. They're not doing too bad so far though.
    saw them on the main stage at Electric Picnic last year and they were excellent.

even better in the Olympia in December.

don't think they translate too well on TV, much easier to get into it actually being there. Olympia was almost like being at a rave at times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Editors are a dark rocking group with a lead singer that is very different from the rest.

Loved that.

Dark? Editors are a good band, but definitely not a dark sounding band in any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The crowd singing back get lucky to Nile Rodgers was unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

saw them on the main stage at Electric Picnic last year and they were excellent.

don't think they translate too well on TV, much easier to get into it actually being there. Olympia was almost like being at a rave at times :pac:
    Yeah I get what you're saying. Their light show looks really good but it would be so much more impressive if I was actually there.

They were unreal at Electric Picnic! I was up the back for the Olympia gig and the amount of talking going on around me was a joke, wish I got there earlier and headed for the front!

The XX as per usual, absolutely smashed it.

• Advertisement

sorry lads, to keep going on about the stones but im just watching jumping jack flash on bbc2 and the watts is like someone out of an old folks home , surely that cant be him drumming ?:eek::eek:

Advertisement