Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mardyke Casuals Sept Sat 15th Any interest

Options
  • 05-09-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

as i do not know how to do a poll on this thing ill just type away

as you all know we had a discussion at Tempest about holding casuals at the Mardyke, because lets face it, it was a sweet venue with food and drink.

now ill leave it up to you guys about how we go about doing this. we could just have a casuals with just a single pay off of 60 euros to pay for the place from 12 to 5. or we can use the casuals at the Mardyke to help with funding for the equipment for tempest.

so the best way to say is if you are interested
    list the option 1 or 2, ( 1 = just pay for casuals so only the 60 euro deposit is paid back, or 2 = everyone gets the same charge to turning up to help with funding for community equipment. ) and or with a yes or no if you are interested.

if there are any changes that should be made or suggested please feel free to comment.

found out how to use the poll

Are you interested in going to Mardye for casuals 9 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    maybe
    77% 7 votes
    no
    22% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

Count me in o/

I'd say hopefully we will get the same number as for Tempest. So that would be 10 euros a head. So use 60 to pay for the venue and then w/e we go over use that for new gear and such :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'll be up for this! :)

I'd personally be more open to option 1, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Definitely up for having regular meet ups there but not sure if I can make it on the 15th.

Spread the word need more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll bring the tight links. I'll tell other people too who may very well come. Up to four of them!

Edit: If option one means we have to pay less if we have more people then I vote for that. Especially since it's casuals and I am strapped for cash.

• Advertisement

I'll be bringing my Ps3 and Mabye a Tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

raah! wrote: »
    I'll bring the tight links. I'll tell other people too who may very well come. Up to four of them!

:eek:

I'll come along too. On the subject of the money for casuals, I'm leaning towards option 1. When talking about community equipment being bought what is it exactly that we need?

It's much better to go with option 2 in my opinion, that way there is no confusion with people. Plus I like the idea of anything extra being put towards the community pot, we've gotta start somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Yup i should be able to make it as for the options i vote on the cheaper one it will encourage more people to show up especially if were going to try get this going on a regular basis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Ok guys ill book it in on monday. Should have the it for saturday

• Advertisement

Also valomeer wht isyour pwn vita name bro

Ps vita. Cant edit on a vita so i repost

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

I'm up for this.Don't mind which option you choose tbh :pac:

Irevalormeer is my Vita name

On PSN you will find me just on valormeer :)

Ok the time has changed. So from 12 to 5 it has changed to 1 to 6. Thats the best i can do. Ill pay the deposit tomorrow aswell.

As for equipment if gary can bring his monitor again we can have 3 set up. Also a spare 360 with street fighterb on it would help.

The extra monitor if for valomeer if he brings his ps3. Also valomee you may want to bring a few pads too.

Ohh valomeer tried adding you on my vita. It cant find you at all. ......... Like a ghost

Weird I'll bring it along on saturday. Yeah I can bring my small Monitor and Playstation 3. Also bring along a couple of pads, I have a couple of fighting games as well. UMVC3/MVC2/SS3:TS/Blazblue/Mortal Kombat/Street fighter 2012:AE.

Anyone up for any of these other games?

Shokashi wrote: »
    Ok the time has changed. So from 12 to 5 it has changed to 1 to 6. Thats the best i can do. Ill pay the deposit tomorrow aswell.
    This is much better! Will give us some time to sleep!
    Valormeer wrote: »
    Weird I'll bring it along on saturday. Yeah I can bring my small Monitor and Playstation 3. Also bring along a couple of pads, I have a couple of fighting games as well. UMVC3/MVC2/SS3:TS/Blazblue/Mortal Kombat/Street fighter 2012:AE.

I can play the last 3, and I'd be willing to play the others too, but am trash.

I will just bring along them all my bag is big enough anyways :) Gettin a taxi in and out of town.

sounds class mate the extra monitor will come in handy

• Advertisement

could some one bring an extra xbox if mack brings his monitor, thanks huys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'll have no problem bringing in my Xbox for Saturday, guys.

I believe we got another person coming from Blizz :) So hopefully he'll show up.

Sounds like we might have a nice crowd looking forward to this :)

Someone should tell nevflynn if he's around. I'm sure he'd be up for some marvel since we have that goin' there.

raah! wrote: »
    Someone should tell nevflynn if he's around. I'm sure he'd be up for some marvel since we have that goin' there.

yeah ill give him a call today and give him the heads up for casuals

I called nevflynn and he said he may turn up.

Should have a good group man :)

Should have a good group man :)

i just hope we dont get less than 6 people this saturday, more money to pay but on the bright side there will be some good amount of food to munch on.

Shokashi wrote: »
    i just hope we dont get less than 6 people this saturday, more money to pay but on the bright side there will be some good amount of food to munch on.

Hahaha yeah man, extra food :P Hands off ma Goujons

• Advertisement

Hey Matt, I was in the old FÁS building today again across the bridge from grand parade in town. Those 'studio' rooms are 80e a month to rent (20e p/w). They're proper suitable for casuals, tournaments, etc.

I told Sairus about this last year but he couldn't get a place for some reason. Maybe you should go and have a look there if you're interested...
    The place is filling up so I think they're handing out rentals to anyone now,
    I'm not sure who you'd have to contact though :/

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know for future reference n stuff...:D

Advertisement