Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan Clonmel Road

Options
  • 05-09-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anyone on here know what the road between Dungarvan and Clonmel is like over the winter months for driving?Would it be impassable at any time due to ice or snow?Just wondering from a driving to work point of view if you would end up missing days.Any information would be great,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

I've never heard of it being impassable but if you are travelling early in the morning you'd need to take it handy & watch out for ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Especially from the turn off to Colligan Church all the way to the half way. If travelling from CLonmel to Dungarvan direction, the area around the turn off for the COlligan G.A.A. field is often reported to be very dangerous and people in the past have gone through the fence and ended up in the field inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I was up and down there last year for a bit, allow a bit of extra travel time for flooding after heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

I second BIG SUIR, the section around Colligan GAA to BallyMac can be treachourous, There's been quite a few fatalities along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Abbeyside11

Thanks for the replys guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement