Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing External Bell Box on HKC SecureWatch. Please Help ASAP!!!

Options
  • 05-09-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Really need some help quick. The external bell box on my HKC secure watch went crazy last night, kept the baby and neighbours awake for hours.

Any way I purchased a new box today from maplin, but although im sure it should work the wiring seems to be different.

On my control panel I have only four wires connected as follows.

Saab Hold Black

Tamper Return Red

Ex Bell + Yellow

Ex Bell - Blue

But on the new Bell box I have completely different labels.

Trig +

Trig -

Supply +

Supply -

Strobe +

Strobe -

Tamper Series

Tamper Return.

Any ideas how this should be wired. Its like I don't even have enough wires.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try this on the new Bell box

Trig + Yellow

Trig - Blue

Supply + Yellow

Supply - Black

Strobe +Yellow

Strobe - blue

Tamper Series black

Tamper Return. Red

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭moany fuc

KoolKid wrote: »
    Try this on the new Bell box

Trig + Yellow

Trig - Blue

Supply + Yellow

Supply - Black

Strobe +Yellow

Strobe - blue

Tamper Series black

Tamper Return. Red

Cheers Mate, il try that tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. Hopefully that will do it.

Your welcome. Hopefully that will do it.

That didn't work. Siren just keeps ringing. Even with alarm unset. Any other ideas. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭davebuck

moany fuc wrote: »
    That didn't work. Siren just keeps ringing. Even with alarm unset. Any other ideas. Cheers

Have you got the resistor connected between the BHO and tamper return?

• Advertisement

davebuck wrote: »

Have you got the resistor connected between the BHO and tamper return?

I do. Might get a new one today. A couple of things i forgot to mention. The tamper switch on the box got broken so i just conected the 2 wires going into the switch together, for always on connection. Also there is a wire on the PCB that says tamper series, cut if required???

Thanks for your help mate

Do you have access to a multi meter?

Do you have access to a multi meter?
    I do, im a sparks. Cheers

When the bell is ringing and in a disarmed state are you getting 12 volts DC across trig + & trig - ?

When the bell is ringing and in a disarmed state are you getting 12 volts DC across trig + & trig - ?
    no not getting 12 volts across trig + Trig -.

Thanks

• Advertisement

no not getting 12 volts across trig + Trig -.

Thanks

Figured it out guys thanks very much for all your help. Trigger - should have been connect to blue as this was the supply - cable. Easy mistake to make as it should really have been black in colour. All working now.

Thanks

Glad you got sorted. Once you got as far as it ringing it had to be down to a misplaced negative.

Glad you got sorted. Once you got as far as it ringing it had to be down to a misplaced negative.

Thanks again mate.

Advertisement