Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you have for your last meal?

• 05-09-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

The news of Michael Duncan Clarke's death got me thinking about his most famous role as John Coffey in the 1999 film The Green Mile. I start thinking of condemned prisoners in general then and was wondering, what would I have for my last meal?! A bit morbid perhaps but I ended up making a killer (no pun intended) omlette.

Some last meals of note:

- John Wayne Gacy, Serial murderer: A dozen deep-fried shrimp, a bucket of original recipe chicken from KFC, French fries, and a pound of strawberries.

- Philip Workman, executed in Tennessee in 2007: He declined a special meal for himself, but he asked for a large vegetarian pizza to be given to a homeless person in Nashville, Tennessee. This request was denied by the prison, but carried out by others across the country.

-Gary Carl Simmons Jr., Murderer: One Pizza Hut medium Super Supreme Deep Dish pizza, double portion, with mushrooms, onions, jalapeno peppers, and pepperoni; pizza, regular portion, with three cheeses, olives, bell pepper, tomato, garlic and Italian sausage; 10 8-oz. packs of Parmesan cheese; 10 8-oz. packs of ranch dressing; one family size bag of Doritos nacho cheese flavor; 8 oz. jalapeno nacho cheese; 4 oz. sliced jalapenos; 2 large strawberry shakes; two 20-oz. cherry Cokes; one super-size order of McDonald's fries with extra ketchup and mayonnaise; and two pints of strawberry ice cream." He consumed about half of the meal.

-Victor Feguer, executed in Iowa in 1963, requested a single olive with the stone still in it.

So what would you have for your last meal? Or even your last request, within reason.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

An articulated lorry.....and they can't fry me til I finish it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i'd have brussel sprouts so when i shít myself the fcukers who executed me would have to deal with the extra smelly mess :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

kfallon wrote: »
    An articulated lorry.....and they can't fry me til I finish it!

Go truck yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Probably a hot chicken roll, after 20 years on death row it would taste extra nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I don't know but definitely not a Happy meal :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Shredded chilli chicken with noodles with lots of wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

That's done away with now I think.

Me: a nice big wet juicey minge. I'd gobble it all up. If its not available a t-bone and mash and gravy and an ice cold coke.

I'd rather the fanny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

falafel and a can of fanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

falafel and a can of fanta

You'll have pedigree chum and be glad you got it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

FUGU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

A leg of lamb.
    Toast with pate.
    Goats cheese and crackers
    Prawn cocktail.
    20oz steak.
    Flahavans flapjacks.
    Scrambled egg on toast.

If I was being a smart arse, a shamrock shake. McDonald's never bleedin have any

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

a rack of unicorn ribs.
    have fun digging that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Zooey Deschanel's arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Zooey Deschanel's arse

Feck ya so! I may make do with Christina Hendricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

can't see myself being too hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Musiconomist

Omackeral wrote: »
    - Philip Workman, executed in Tennessee in 2007: He declined a special meal for himself, but he asked for a large vegetarian pizza to be given to a homeless person in Nashville, Tennessee. This request was denied by the prison...

Stingey bastards.

Myself, I'd probably have a small caesar salad, with a light vinegarette dressing and a glass of water. From the tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Stingey bastards.

Myself, I'd probably have a small caesar salad, with a light vinegarette dressing and a glass of water. From the tap.

Ah, a fine choice and good for the cholesterol too which will help you live longer :)

I'd go for a lamb vindaloo myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Would have to go for an Indian curry with all the trimmings alright. Throw in a big dose of kfc/mcdonalds in case the curry is a bit off. Wouldn't be the same without a beer or two to wash it down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd have a well done steak, fried onions and chips and some vanilla ice cream and jelly for dessert washed down with a cup of strong tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A plate of eskimo pies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

A full roasted pig between two slices of white bread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

In honor of my first meal I'd order the same, boobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Something I'm fatally allergic to so I go before they can kill me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Cheeses, reading this thread is making me starving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I want fried chicken with gravy on the tatters and i want to **** in your hat and i want Mae West to sit on my face cause i'm one horny mother****er!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Pizza, ice cream and beer. Lots and lots of beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Daisy M wrote: »
    Shredded chilli chicken with noodles with lots of wine.

Christ I thought I was the only one who liked that although I do cover it in curry sauce and ketchup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

Doner Kebab, chips with garlic dip, Champaigne, Lemon Cheesecake and a cigar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

I'd have a small Greek salad to start. For mains, I'd go with a rare steak, fried onions and thick cut homemade chips. I'd like a bottle of red wine with that.
    For dessert, maybe some carrot cake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Deep fried brie to start, then a Thai green chicken curry, followed by sticky toffee pudding and ice cream and as much whitenwine as they allow to knock me out.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

i once read a website that listed everything that people have ordered over the years. one guy asked for a piece of dirt, he was refused it.
    Id probably do something similar i doubt id have much of an appetite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

This has turned into an episode of "Come Dine With Me".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Never had one, but from reading the other thread there I think I want a Deep Fried Mars Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

Kalkalash on a stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Fried egg and baked bean sambo on white bread plus cup of tea :)
    Die happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Barbecue roast chicken, rice and home made chips. Double carbs to guarantee I stay fat as fuck :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Taytos, pink Snacks and a toasted sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Sausage,egg and chips.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

an all you can eat buffett, and i would never ever ever finish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

I'd have an enormous helping of baked beans.
    After they executed me and reporters asked 'how was he before execution?'
    the guards would say' ah grand, not a bother.Sure he was full of beans all day':)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

a gallon of eddie rocketts chocolate malt...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Bacon, Cabbage, turnip and spuds + can of bulmers(cold) also chef brown sauce, colemans mustard, small jug of the boiled cabbage water.

Bacon: one thick slice of mild cure and a thin slice of hardcure(the hairy stuff), boiled off twice for a few mins to take water and salt out.

Cabbage and turnip: the cabbage to be sweetheart type, more white than green. turnips chopped into cubes big enough to retain their size when well boiled

Potatoes: Boiled probably roosters, or maris piper - something dry but not flowery with clean skin - to be eaten with skins on.

Preparation: Once boiled off the bacon to be left at the bottom of the pot, then turnips, then green cabbage, then white cabbage last - pour in boiled water slowly,not too much so as not to cover the cabbage. Cover and boil for 45mins. boil spuds for 30 mins. drain bacon cabbage and turnip - retain a small jug of the cabbage water. Plate and serve with potatoes chopped and cabbage water over the spuds. Add brown sauce and mustard, wash down with cider.

/then burn in hell:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I would ask them to feed me my brain, would this put a hold on procedures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A royale with cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hal1 wrote: »
    A royale with cheese.

Vincent:...Also, you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
    Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
    Vincent: No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the **** a Quarter Pounder is.
    Jules: What'd they call it?
    Vincent: Royale with Cheese.
    Jules: Royale with Cheese. What'd they call a Big Mac?
    Vincent: Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
    Jules: What do they call a Whopper?
    Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into a Burger King.

Ha sorry, Pulp Fiction is the mutts nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Feck ya so! I may make do with Christina Hendricks

just googled her. Holy Jesus, I'd hardly call that making do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Unicorn soup.

While the prison guards were out looking for it, I would dig a tunnel and escape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Buckets and buckets of perriwinkles. I can barely go a month without a huge craving.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 about 3 fity

mila kunis

Advertisement