Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemania

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

83ste wrote: »
    Sounds good.

A reminder to all: the Coronet does not run ads or trailers before movies so it's vital we get there on time!

I shall prepare myself to abandon anyone who turns up at 20:31 or later. Synchronise watches!

Booked for 20:45 on Tues :) See ye there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Sorry totally forgot to settle up for the tickets.
    Who do I owe money to?

Don't strangle me with the dead cats tail!

Sorry totally forgot to settle up for the tickets.
    Who do I owe money to?

Don't strangle me with the dead cats tail!

No problem, we'll sort it out the next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Anyone up for Grand Budapest Hotel this weekend?

Perhaps as a preface to the Beers on Saturday, or maybe on Sunday?

Trailer looks great:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Looks interesting but I can't go this weekend, have visitors!

Just letting ye all know that Living Social have a Cineworld ticket deal on at the moment, I always buy one when they come around because they'll always get used!

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1059489-two-cineworld-cinema-tickets?ref=share-post_purchase-copy_box-web-deals&rui=69806097&rpi=152967411

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I'd be up for watching Wes Anderson make the same film for what must be the tenth time now. Saturday or Sunday afternoon would suit best

Saturday is fully booked with rugby/boards beers and sunday is fully booked with a beers hangover and rugby. :)

Reekwind wrote: »
    I'd be up for watching Wes Anderson make the same film for what must be the tenth time now. Saturday or Sunday afternoon would suit best

How about 6pm in Vue Westfield on Saturday - conveniently located to head on to Beers after?

Sounds like a plan. Anyone else up for some whimsical bourgeois cinema?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I can't make this myself, but anyone excited about the imminent release of The Best Film Of The Year The Raid 2: Berandal (April 11th can't arrive soon enough!) might be interested in a double-bill the Prince Charles is running next Monday, featuring Merantau and The Raid: Redemption.

Anyone up for some trashy historical action fun? 300: Rise Of An Empire is on in the Coronet (Notting Hill) at 9pm nightly next week.

83ste wrote: »
    Anyone up for some trashy historical action fun? 300: Rise Of An Empire is on in the Coronet (Notting Hill) at 9pm nightly next week.

Nearly everyone I've talked to said it is horrible.

I'm quite keen on Under the Skin and The Double. Naked Greeks, not quite so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Nearly everyone I've talked to said it is horrible.

It's not great, nowhere near as good as the first one!

On the bright side I'm going to Raid 2 tonight!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

As am I!

Anyone fancy The Double or Calvary tomorrow night or this weekend?

I'm busy tomorrow and most of the weekend but I could go Sunday night.

Definitely interested in Calvary at the weekend.

How about Calvary at 18:25 Covent Garden Odeon? If not, alternatives welcome.

I've also added Frank to my should-probably-see-at-some-point list, if anyone is interested in the coming weeks. (Opens 09 May.)

• Advertisement

Can't really do tonight - could do a late-ish screening on Sunday though.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I meant to say 18:25 on Sunday. This is what happens whenever I'm the one doing the organising.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I meant to say 18:25 on Sunday. This is what happens whenever I'm the one doing the organising.

Could do that, if there's an 8ish-9ish screening somewhere else, would suit even better.

Fair enough. There's a 20:50 showing in the same place but I'm happy with anywhere in central London

Fair enough. There's a 20:50 showing in the same place but I'm happy with anywhere in central London

That'll do me.

Perfect. I'll go ahead and book two. If anyone else wants to join, it should be unreserved seating so let me know and we'll meet up there.

I should also be around for food if anyone wants to get a bite before the showing.

Curzon in Victoria is opening and they have a week of free cinema for anyones that's interested in what they are showing.

http://www.curzoncinemas.com/news/all/curzon_free_film_festival.aspx

Curzon in Victoria is opening and they have a week of free cinema for anyones that's interested in what they are showing.

http://www.curzoncinemas.com/news/all/curzon_free_film_festival.aspx
    Frank at 21:00 this Saturday?

Frank at 21:00 this Saturday?

It's booked out :(

• Advertisement

Right. Plan B. Who's available for Frank this weekend?

Advertisement