Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemania

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Reekwind wrote: »
    Right. Plan B. Who's available for Frank this weekend?

Jack B. Badd and I are planning on going to see it at The Tricycle on Thursday at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Fysh wrote: »
    Jack B. Badd and I are planning on going to see it at The Tricycle on Thursday at 9.

I'd be up for joining you for that. Afterwards we can steal one of the promotional posters and freak out a certain someone who lives nearby.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Fysh wrote: »
    Mind if I join you (in an entirely non-creepy way)? I may rock up directly from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Mind if I join you (in an entirely non-creepy way)? I may rock up directly from the airport.

Yeah, no problem. I'll be a bit disappointed if by non-creepy you mean not wearing a giant papier-mache head...

• Advertisement

Excellent. I'll see you folks there. Unfortunately I may struggle to get my giant paper-mache helmet through airport security. I'll have to think of an alternatives for upping the 'creepy quotient'.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It looks like the Coronet should have X-Men: Days of Future Past the week after next. Anyone interested in heading along to see it on Tuesday 27th? (Tuesdays being the "all tickets are £3.50" day)

Right, the Coronet have confirmed that they have X-Men: Days Of Future Past - who's up for a £3.50 Tuesday 8:45 showing?

On a separate note, anybody interested in the Prince Charles Terrorcotta All-Nighter on the 31st of May? 4 films in one night, starting with Takashi Miike's new release. I'm tempted, but I also like getting a good night's sleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ya next Tuesday will work for me.

I wasn't even able to get through to the booking line when I tried yesterday, and today's weather has left me disinclined to leave the house, so I'm going to call tonight's proposed X-Men outing a wash :(

• Advertisement

How X-asperating

How X-asperating

:-|

Anyone for 22 Jump Street this Saturday night?

I'd be keen. Fan of 21 Jump Street so keen on the sequel

6:30pm Odeon Tottenham Court Road?

That sound suspiciously like a plan. Let's do it.

(For some reason I'm really feeling the positive energy today)

Its the sun. It does wonders!

Its the sun. It does wonders!

What, like making people think "AAAAAGH! What's that fiery ball of doom in the sky? I MUST ESCAPE IT! But where.... I know! To the kinematographic exhibition centre!"? :confused:;)

Right, I'll book two tickets so.

Anyone who wants to join, book yourselves into the same screening. Seating is unassigned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The Prince Charles is doing a back to back screening of the Before trilogy on the 11th of July. It's probably the only series of movies I'd consider doing a marathon of given how much I love them and how short and concise they are.

ANy other fans interested in going?

Anyone for Richard Linklater's Boyhood some night this week? Getting rave reviews.

I'm not particularly pushed myself, but this Friday and Saturday has several good sci-fi options at the Prince Charles - Friday has The Matrix and Akira, Saturday has an Alien/Aliens double bill.

I'd be tempted by Aliens... but Airplane is on at the same time. No man can be expected to make such a choice.

Anyone up for going to see David Cronenberg's latest, Maps To The Stars?

So. The BFI is currently showing 2001: A Space Odyssey through Nov and Dec. I plan to have a gander at this on my next free weekend (5-6 Dec). Anyone else interested in revisiting this classic?

83ste wrote: »

Tempted, but will it ruin the memory of the originals!! lol

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Also tempted, but feel we should wait for at least a week after it is released so the cinema isn't rammed with annoying teenagers

(Am I getting old?)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Anyone still up for Mad Max, maybe late next week (since I'm home this weekend)?

Advertisement