Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemania

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

serrity wrote: »
    I'd be up for either Anna Karenina or Holy Motors - most likely Tuesday or Wednesday night of next week if that would suit anyone?
    I can't do (well last night!) or tonight, but if you haven't gone to see both of them, I'd be up for it next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I can't do (well last night!) or tonight, but if you haven't gone to see both of them, I'd be up for it next week!

Next Tuesday or Wednesday then?

There's also been talk of going to see Looper, which opened at the weekend and has good reviews. Anyone?

I'm definitely free next Tuesday night, not sure about Wednesday!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Looper's great, definitely worth a watch.

On another note, the Sci-fi London film festival will be happening on the weekend of the 9th-11th of November. It seems like it's happening in Stratford this year, but it's worth keeping an eye on it - they usually have at least a few decent film premieres, so a group outing could be fun.

So, anyone up for Looper at 6:35pm tomorrow evening, Odeon Tottenham Court Road?

• Advertisement

So, anyone up for Looper at 6:35pm tomorrow evening, Odeon Tottenham Court Road?

Yeah I'm up for that!

Well, Wolly_Jumper and I finally got this thing off the ground by going to see Looper last night. And it was good. Will try organising another one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Has anyone been to anything at the London Film Festival yet? I've been meaning to see something, but missed out on Wadjda last week, and the Irish selection this year looks pretty good, with films like:

Good Vibrations - Story of Terri Hooley and his Good Vibrations record store in Belfast during the Troubles. Stars Dylan Moran and Richard Dormer.
    Pilgrim Hill - One of the winners at the Galway Film Fleadh this year, this debut feature from Gerard Barrett explores the lives of rural bachelor farmers in modern Ireland.
    What Richard Did - Lenny Abrahamson's (director of Garage) latest film loosely based on the Club Annabel story.

They have a great lineup this year and obviously the Irish-centric ones aren't the only things worth seeing, but tickets are still available for these screenings, so just in case anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I went to see the Peter Jackson produced West of Memphis documentary at the weekend because I'm pretty obsessed with the West Memphis 3 story. Was treated to a Q&A with the director after which was a nice surprise.

I just applied for preview tickets to The Art of Frankenweenie exhibition tonight which is opening soon. I've yet to hear back though.

Definitely up for seeing both The Master and Rust And Bone in the near future. Anyone else?

• Advertisement

I'm off to see The Master in 70mm at the Odeon West End tonight. I would suggest watching it there before it gets a wider release in 2 weeks time.

Think I'm going to invest in a Cineworld Unlimited card. Has anyone else got one? Is it worth getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭fluke

Definitely up for seeing both The Master and Rust And Bone in the near future. Anyone else?

I'd be up for either, just gimme an idea of where and when?

How about a matinee showing of Rust & Bone in Cineworld Haymarket this Sunday (4th Nov)? Tickets less than £7 if you register on the Cineworld website.

If not Sunday, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday night next week?

If you're on for Sunday then cool, sounds great.

Cool, PM sent

There's actually a meetup.com get together at the exact same place/time tomorrow.

I couldn't possibly go and chose between 2 rival online cinema meetups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Any takers for a midweek film?

Misticles wrote: »

Me, depending on what film.

Misticles wrote: »

I might be free too depending on the same, and location and time etc.

Anyone for Holy Motors (6:10pm) or Beasts Of The Southern Wild (6:45pm) in the Prince Charles Cinema (off Leicester Square) next Tuesday (the 13th)?

• Advertisement

I guess not so.

How about a Sunday matinee of The Master or Argo this weekend?

EDIT: Or alternatively, this.

I guess not so.

How about a Sunday matinee of The Master or Argo this weekend?

EDIT: Or alternatively, this.

Would love to see Argo or The Master but already have plans for this Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Heya, I'd be up for seeing The Master as I have already seen Argo....Let me know if this is going ahead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Where we people thinking in terms of a venue? I haven't seen either but am based in South London so might be up for it if I dont have to travel too far :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Playboy wrote: »
    Where we people thinking in terms of a venue? I haven't seen either but am based in South London so might be up for it if I dont have to travel too far :/

Good question.....Which cinema were you thinking of Serrity?

Good question.....Which cinema were you thinking of Serrity?

The most reasonably priced one! Best bet so far looks like Vue in Islington - £11.80 for a 1:45pm showing on Sunday. Others are £14-16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Ouch.... Islington is a bit of a trek for me. Is that your neck of the woods Serrity? How about Westfields or Clapham Picturehouse or even somwhere in the West End?

Ouch.... Islington is a bit of a trek for me. Is that your neck of the woods Serrity? How about Westfields or Clapham Picturehouse or even somwhere in the West End?

Vue Westfield is also £11.80 (4:30pm showing). Would that suit you Choccie Lover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

The Coronet in Notting Hill Gate is only £7.50 at weekends. The Master is on at 4.25 and 7.30 this Sunday.

http://www.coronet.org/

• Advertisement

The Coronet in Notting Hill Gate is only £7.50 at weekends. The Master is on at 4.25 and 7.30 this Sunday.

http://www.coronet.org/

Result! Who's on for the 4:25pm on Sunday so?

Advertisement