Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemania

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

By the way I came across something which would be great for a boards meet up. The Exhibit cinema in Balham does private hire and it's quite reasonable. It's £75 per hour and can fit up to 24 people. They also do offers where you can get 2 hrs plus a burger, fries and a glass of wine or bottle of beer for £20 a head with a minimum of 12 people required. You just have to bring your own blu-ray or DVD. We could decide by poll on here what to watch.

It's not a bad bar downstairs either for after and there are other good bars in Balham and Clapham is 5 minutes away by tube and the west end is 20 mins away by tube. Could be a really good night out if we got the numbers.

http://exhibitcinema.com/exhibitvenuehire/cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Playboy wrote: »
    Th early show on Saturday at 3pm would suit me best. Does that suit you and blondie83?

Yup suits me grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Th early show on Saturday at 3pm would suit me best. Does that suit you and blondie83?
    blondie83 wrote: »
    Yup suits me grand!

Great, I've booked three tickets for that. I just noticed it actually starts a little later than I thought, so 3:25pm rather than 3:00pm.

I'll send you both a PM with my mobile number. See ya tomorrow!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

By the way I came across something which would be great for a boards meet up. The Exhibit cinema in Balham does private hire and it's quite reasonable. It's £75 per hour and can fit up to 24 people. They also do offers where you can get 2 hrs plus a burger, fries and a glass of wine or bottle of beer for £20 a head with a minimum of 12 people required. You just have to bring your own blu-ray or DVD. We could decide by poll on here what to watch.

It's not a bad bar downstairs either for after and there are other good bars in Balham and Clapham is 5 minutes away by tube and the west end is 20 mins away by tube. Could be a really good night out if we got the numbers.

http://exhibitcinema.com/exhibitvenuehire/cinema

What a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

serrity wrote: »
    Great, I've booked three tickets for that. I just noticed it actually starts a little later than I thought, so 3:25pm rather than 3:00pm.

I'll send you both a PM with my mobile number. See ya tomorrow!

Is it too late to get included in this?

• Advertisement

biZrb wrote: »
    Is it too late to get included in this?

Not at all... Just meet us outside the cinema at 3:15. We have tickets already purchased so you can book online too or buy when you get there

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Great, see you all there then!

Anyone for Silver Linings Playbook in the Coronet Cinema in Notting Hill this weekend? Saturday at 3:30pm and 6:10pm or Sunday at 2:30pm and 5:10pm. Tickets only £7.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Anyone for Silver Linings Playbook in the Coronet Cinema in Notting Hill this weekend? Saturday at 3:30pm and 6:10pm or Sunday at 2:30pm and 5:10pm. Tickets only £7.50!

I'm up for seeing it on Saturday afternoon if the early showing suits you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was going to go see it whilst buying a cineworld unlimited pass at the same time tomorrow evening.

Between that and a Brixton Ritzy membership I probably won't be venturing to any other cinema from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'm up for seeing it on Saturday afternoon if the early showing suits you?

Apparently my respiratory system violently objects to this film - I've come down with the usual January bug (not fair since I didn't even travel this Christmas, I blame other people :(). Sorry guys, I'll have to give it a miss this weekend.

Can't this weekend I'm afraid :-( I will try and finally get to the quiz on Monday though!

Unfortunately Silver Linings Playbook has now ended its run in the Coronet. However Django Unchained arrives this weekend!

It's on at 12:30pm, 5:40pm and 8:40pm on Saturday. Any takers? Tickets £7.50 as before.

Yup I'm up for that, I've been looking forward to this coming out!

Already seen both! Both are excellent! Django will be the superior cinema experience though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Count me in for Saturday, if it's the 5.40 show :)

Very excited about Django Unchained!

Yup I'm up for that, I've been looking forward to this coming out!

Very excited about Django Unchained!

Does 5:40 suit you, blondie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Hi all :)
    I’d be up for Django too at 5.40? Have been looking forward to seeing this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I'm heading to see Chinatown in the BFI on friday :)
    It's been a while since I've been to that cinema

For Fans of French Film, there's a French Film Festival on at the Curzon Soho on 19 Jan.

www.myfrenchfilmfestival.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

French cinema, good; faux-exploitation film, bad

Does 5:40 suit you, blondie?

Yup sounds good - count me in!

OT Saw Resevoir Dogs in the Prince Charles tonight - it's not my favourite Tarantino film, but class act on the big screen :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Quick question......are there any places similar to the IFI in Dublin to watch movies here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

As in the type programming they put on?

There's the BFI which is good for retrospectives.

Then you'll have a few art-house like/boutique cinemas scattered around the city showing films that would usually be showing in the IFI.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

As well as the BFI, check out Curzon Cinemas and the ICA's film lineup if you're looking for arthouse or independent film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Cheers guys.

Hi all :)
    I’d be up for Django too at 5.40? Have been looking forward to seeing this one!
    Yup sounds good - count me in!

Okay, I'll book four tickets for Django at 5:40pm in the Coronet on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Hey, I thought some people here may be interested in this

A free screening of a cult classic

http://www.canarywharf.com/visitus/Arts--Events1/Events/Starlight-Cinema/

Hey, I thought some people here may be interested in this

A free screening of a cult classic

http://www.canarywharf.com/visitus/Arts--Events1/Events/Starlight-Cinema/

Ooh, might go to this too. One of my favourite films ever!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Silvervixen, were you still thinking of going to that John Hughes marathon in the Prince Charles?

Advertisement