Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemania

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Yeah it looks really fun but I've a feeling it might be on the same night as the beers...

Maybe I could do both?!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If anyone's interested in seeing What Richard Did, the Prince Charles are screening it at the moment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The Prince Charles have Brandon Cronenberg's Antiviral (IMDB) coming next week, which I'm keen to see. Anyone fancy going to see it? I figure we could do either Saturday 2nd @ 1pm or Sunday 3rd @8.45pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Fysh wrote: »
    The Prince Charles have Brandon Cronenberg's Antiviral (IMDB) coming next week, which I'm keen to see. Anyone fancy going to see it? I figure we could do either Saturday 2nd @ 1pm or Sunday 3rd @8.45pm.

I would be up for a cinema > food > beers combo on the 2nd, yes.

Also interested in seeing what Richard Did at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

There Will Be Blood is on at the Prince Charles Cinema on Wed February the 20th at 8.30pm.

I missed this film when it first came out at the cinema and have somehow managed to not watch it in the intervening years even though I'm a massive PT Anderson fan.

Anyone interested in going? £4 for member? £6.50 for non-members?

I might also go to Punch Drunk Love the week beforehand as I never got to see that in the cinema either.

• Advertisement

Argo is back on in the Coronet Cinema this weekend. Anyone else missed it first time round and would be up for it? 8:40pm Saturday or 8:00pm Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

serrity wrote: »
    Argo is back on in the Coronet Cinema this weekend. Anyone else missed it first time round and would be up for it? 8:40pm Saturday or 8:00pm Sunday.

I could definitely be persuaded. Saturday would probably be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

You can put the two of us down as maybes too. Will know later in the week

I could definitely be persuaded. Saturday would probably be best.
    You can put the two of us down as maybes too. Will know later in the week

So who's definitely in?

So who's definitely in?

Myself and JBB are in for tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Won't know until the day as OH's uncle is coming for a visit, but live nearby so will be in the area.

Let me know if you need a food or post-movie pint recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

So who's definitely in?
    I would only I have a house party tomorrow night and visitors on Sunday. Enjoy!

Fysh wrote: »
    Myself and JBB are in for tomorrow :)
    Won't know until the day as OH's uncle is coming for a visit, but live nearby so will be in the area.

Let me know if you need a food or post-movie pint recommendation

Okay, I'll book three tickets so and Mr & Mrs Elbows can play it by ear on the day.

EDIT: Also, based on our experience with Django, I'd recommend getting there a little earlier than you would for a normal multiplex showing, as the Coronet is quite cramped and it was a bit of a melee getting through the crowds in the lobby just before the screening. Argo starts at 8:40, so meet at 8:20 maybe?

Okay, I'll book three tickets so and Mr & Mrs Elbows can play it by ear on the day.

EDIT: Also, based on our experience with Django, I'd recommend getting there a little earlier than you would for a normal multiplex showing, as the Coronet is quite cramped and it was a bit of a melee getting through the crowds in the lobby just before the screening. Argo starts at 8:40, so meet at 8:20 maybe?

Cheers serrity. We'll see you there at 8:20 :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I've already seen Argo, but might join you before/after if you are doing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I usually see a film every week back home, that's dropped since i've moved, I can't make Argo but if anyone is up for seeing Die Hard or Flight during the week...post up here.

Scarinae wrote: »
    I've already seen Argo, but might join you before/after if you are doing something?

I wouldn't object to going for a quick drink beforehand. Any good pubs or cafes near the Coronet?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

http://www.backyardcinema.co.uk/?utm_source=The+Nudge+London&utm_campaign=c339ba4248-The_Nudge_89&utm_medium=email#!venus/c1tpz

This is a quirky little cinema in an attic at Beach Blanket Babylon (Shoreditch), courtesy of Backyard Cinema. They seem to be showing a mixture of new movies and classics.

Next showing is the fantastic Beasts of the Southern Wild on 6 March, followed by From Dusk til' Dawn on 20 March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Watched beasts of the southern wild last night... It was good but not great. A tad overhyped I think.

Dusk till Dawn is a favourite of mine and one I never got to see on a big screen so might well have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Aliens is one of my favourite films ever and I’ve always wanted to see it on the big screen. This coming Tuesday it is showing in the Prince Charles Cinema and tix are £6.50/£4 for non-members/members. Short notice folks I know, I’ll be going anyway but if anyone is up for going let me know.

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/indexreview.php?display=1121&date=13:02:26&year=13&month=02&day=26

Also the Prince Charles regularly shows The Room, it’s a cult film well known for being so bad it’s good, it’s supposed to be experienced with an audience hence why I have held out on watching it. If anyone is up for this maybe we could organise something.

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/events/events.php?seasonanchor=room

• Advertisement

Anybody on for going to see No at the Prince Charles next week? I'm thinking Thursday's screening at 6:25 would be good, though we could also possibly do Sunday at 1pm.

Edited to add:

We should totally go and see Maniac in March once it's out, too. Looks great.

I finally visited the Prince Charles for the first time on Wednesday to see There Will Be Blood.

I'm not sure how much I like that main screen. It's quite an odd setup they have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I finally visited the Prince Charles for the first time on Wednesday to see There Will Be Blood.

I'm not sure how much I like that main screen. It's quite an odd setup they have there.

Do tell

S.M.B. wrote: »

Personally I find it no worse than most Vue cinemas, and when you take into account that it's cheaper than almost any other cinema (at least if you've got a membership card) I think it's worth it.

The main issue is getting in and out - the fact that there are only two aisles, one at each end of the rows of 20+ seats makes getting in there a bit awkward, especially on the more popular screenings since it's always General Admission rather than allocated seating.

Oh I can't complain about the value. It's about half the price of the cinemas I'd usually go to, even without a membership.

But yeah, the 2 aisles and general admission seating policy is a bit of a headache.

I found the sloping of the seating to be the oddest thing. It's level towards the back and then slopes upwards towards the front with the screen placed quite high up.

It wouldn't put me off returning. Come to think of it, there's only a handful of screens that I've come to love within the city.

Would anyone be up for prefacing Saturday's beers with a 15:20 showing of Silver Linings Playbook in the Prince Charles? Or alternatively 12:40 or 17:45 on Sunday?

OR how about Lincoln in the Coronet on Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

Myself and Jack B. Badd were considering catching Flight at the Tricycle in Kilburn on Sunday afternoon (3pm screening) ahead of trying out the quiz at the Black Lion at 7.30. We could go for food between the film ending and the quiz starting...

Anyone interested in seeing Zero Dark Thirty, next Wednesday at 8:15pm in the Coronet? (Wednesday is the only day it's on at that time).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Anyone interested in seeing Zero Dark Thirty, next Wednesday at 8:15pm in the Coronet? (Wednesday is the only day it's on at that time).

Heya Serrity I'd be up for that! Been planning to see this one for a while

• Advertisement

blondie83 wrote: »
    Heya Serrity I'd be up for that! Been planning to see this one for a while

Cool, I'll book two tickets so.

Advertisement