Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemania

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Fysh wrote: »
    If you're interested we could have a screening at our place instead of a cinema trip :)
    Only if I get to wear my full Civil War regalia and it's followed by Taffin

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Reekwind wrote: »
    Only if I get to wear my full Civil War regalia and it's followed by Taffin

I WANT TO GO TO THERE.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

That sounds like a double bill made in hell.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Wait, is this today? Or next weekend?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Jack B. Badd and I are going to see Blancanieves tomorrow at the Curzon Renoir's 6:30 screening.

Anyone else interested?

(And no, I haven't forgotten about the Field In England/Taffin double bill, arrangements will be made presently...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Did anyone go see The Act of Killing in the end? It's still showing in the ICA and I feel it's a rare documentary that needs to be seen on the big screen.

Right, who's up for Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa? Tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

serrity wrote: »
    Right, who's up for Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa? Tonight?

I'd be up for seeing this but too hungover today.

Anybody interested in venturing to the ICA on Saturday evening to see Upstream Colour? It's an 8:30pm screening.

Anyone interested in a London Film Festival screening of The Spectacular Now? Friday the 11th October at the Mayfair Curzon maybe?

Not a great trailer but I've only heard good things about the movie itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a London Film Festival screening of The Spectacular Now? Friday the 11th October at the Mayfair Curzon maybe?

Not a great trailer but I've only heard good things about the movie itself.

I'd probably watch it but that trailer made me gag something fierce.

Yeah, it's a shocking trailer in terms of selling the movie.

On the other hand it doesn't even hint at a very important aspect of the movie that makes it stand out from the crowds of high school/coming of age movies doing the rounds.

Heading into Oscar season now so decent stuff is starting to trickle back into cinemas.

Anyone up for Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine in the Coronet Cinema in Notting Hill?

3:45pm or 9:00pm tomorrow (Saturday) or 9:00pm some night next week?

I was temped to see it there for the £3.50 Tuesday night screening with a meetup group.

Given you can't book in advance and the possible over demand I might just go some other evening and pay the extra £4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I've seen it already & it's very good. I'd definitely recommend it.

SMB, you can book tickets for the Coronet's Tuesday screenings. You just have to phone them. Oldschool.

Forgot that. I presume it's general admission tickets though if you do book over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

It's general admission regardless. I work nearby so I always call in a few days in advance to pick up Tuesday tickets.

@Serrity we might be going tomorrow night at 9, will let you know. Although whether my OH wants to share a darkened room with you after your antics on Monday is another matter...

It's general admission regardless. I work nearby so I always call in a few days in advance to pick up Tuesday tickets.

@Serrity we might be going tomorrow night at 9, will let you know. Although whether my OH wants to share a darkened room with you after your antics on Monday is another matter...

"Bloody 'ell guv'nor - them pictures is moving!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Although whether my OH wants to share a darkened room with you after your antics on Monday is another matter...

O_o there's a story there I want to hear...

I'm not sure if people have heard of the Italian director Paolo Sorrentino, but he's made a few cracking films, including The Consequences of Love, Il Divo (nothing to do with your aunty's favourite popera group - it's a biopic of former Italian PM Giulio Andreotti) and his English-language debut This Must Be The Place.

His latest film, The Great Beauty, is showing in the Prince Charles Cinema next Tuesday (22 October) at 6pm. Would anyone be interested in going?

• Advertisement

The PCC is showing all three Cornetto Trilogy movies (Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End) back-to-back from 4:30pm on Sunday November 24.

The event also includes a Q&A with Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. I'd say this one could sell out fairly quickly. Anyone interested?

http://princecharlescinema.com/indexreview.php?display=2489&date=2013:11:24&year=2013&month=11&day=24

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, looks like it's already sold out. :(

I'm planning on (or hoping to) see Philomena at the Everyman on Baker St this Thursday evening. Just a heads up in case anyone wants to tag along

Reekwind wrote: »
    I'm planning on (or hoping to) see Philomena at the Everyman on Baker St this Thursday evening. Just a heads up in case anyone wants to tag along

6:15pm or 8:40pm? I'd be interested, ideally the later screening.

I can do 20:40 so let's go for that

The Prince Charles are having a Vengeance Trilogy screening, on Friday 15th starting at 6:45. I can't make it but the films are great and well worth a watch.

Also, the London Korean Film Festival is on at the minute, and TimeOut have half-price tickets to a bunch of the screenings, as long as you order them before midnight tonight. There's a free screening of Public Enemy tomorrow night. All screenings at the Curzon Soho and Korean Cultural Centre are free, but you need to book in advance to get tickets.

I'm heading to see Fist Of Legend on Thursday at 7pm at the Covent Garden Odeon - if anyone's interested in heading along as well, let me know.

Also also, anyone who wants to see Gravity on the cheap will be interested to know that it's on in 2D at the Notting Hill Coronet and available as part of their £3.50 Tuesday tickets deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Also also, anyone who wants to see Gravity on the cheap will be interested to know that it's on in 2D at the Notting Hill Coronet and available as part of their £3.50 Tuesday tickets deal.

Do these usually sell out? How early do you need to get there if they do?

Do these usually sell out? How early do you need to get there if they do?

Your best bet is to book ahead on the phone, but the booking line is their box office so only open when the cinema's open. In general I think they usually sell out (at least when students are around) but they've added a student special on Mondays so might not be quite so bad now...

Anyone want to see The Counselor in the Coronet Cinema (Notting Hill) next Sunday at 5:15pm or 7:45pm?

Also, do we want to organise a trip to Odeon Swiss Cottage to see Gravity in IMAX?

serrity wrote: »
    Anyone want to see The Counselor in the Coronet Cinema (Notting Hill) next Sunday at 5:15pm or 7:45pm?

Also, do we want to organise a trip to Odeon Swiss Cottage to see Gravity in IMAX?

If you're going to do Gravity in IMAX, I'd say do it at the BFI - the IMAX Screen at the Swiss Cottage Odeon is nice, bigger than normal cinema screens and has the multiple projector setup to avoid the darkening that usually accompanies 3D films, but it's nowhere near as good as the BFI's proper 70mm-capable IMAX screen.

Jack B Badd and I are heading to see The Counsellor at the Coronet on Tuesday at 8.45, if anyone else wants to head along as well.

• Advertisement

Jack B Badd and I are heading to see The Counsellor at the Coronet on Tuesday at 8.45, if anyone else wants to head along as well.

I'll join you for that. Food beforehand?

Advertisement