Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemania

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

serrity wrote: »
    I'll join you for that. Food beforehand?

Yarp. I spy sushi.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Yarp. I spy sushi.

Is there such a thing as a sushi restaurant with some non-sushi items on the menu? Not generally a fussy eater but not a fan of the ol' raw fish.

serrity wrote: »
    Is there such a thing as a sushi restaurant with some non-sushi items on the menu? Not generally a fussy eater but not a fan of the ol' raw fish.

Boo! :-p How about we have a look around & decide where to eat when we get there? What time shall we say?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

There's an Itsu across the road, which covers sushi and non-sushi. Also, Honest Burgers has opened up a branch 10 minutes away on Portobello Road, and Arancina is good for pizzas and rice balls. (Not coming, just being helpful)

There's an Itsu across the road, which covers sushi and non-sushi.

Sounds like a plan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Itsu: Ridiculously overpriced snacks accompanied by soothing world music. I'm not a fan
    Fysh wrote:
    If you're going to do Gravity in IMAX, I'd say do it at the BFI
    Yes! And not just because it's 15 min walk from my house

Anyone up for 21:00 this Thursday?

Reekwind wrote: »
    Itsu: Ridiculously overpriced snacks accompanied by soothing world music. I'm not a fan

Yes! And not just because it's 15 min walk from my house

Anyone up for 21:00 this Thursday?

Me.

Right, nailing down an IMAX 3D screening has proved impossible, so we're settling for plain ol' 3D.

Reekwind and I are going to Gravity in 3D at Odeon Tottenham Court Road this Thursday at 8:45pm. If anyone wants to join us, feel free to book tickets. Seating is unassigned so we'll be able to sit together.

I expect that it'll be out of this world

(... I'll get my coat)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I expect that it'll be out of this world

(... I'll get my coat)

You deserve to be fired into space for that one!

(OH GOD NOW I'M DOING IT TOO!)

• Advertisement

Who wants to see American Hustle?

83ste wrote: »
    Who wants to see American Hustle?

We caught it today - really enjoyed it, well worth a watch!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Do you wanna go this evening? I'm at work today so can't go during the day. It's on in the Odeon Marble Arch at 18.20 or at Vue West End at 19.30 (we could get a bite to eat beforehand).

Do you wanna go this evening? I'm at work today so can't go during the day. It's on in the Odeon Marble Arch at 18.20 or at Vue West End at 19.30 (we could get a bite to eat beforehand).

You're on - 7:30pm would be better for me. I'll have to let you know about food later on when I have an idea of when I'll get out of the office - quite busy today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Grand job. I'm tempted to queue up and finally try Five Guys in Covent Garden...

12 Years A Slave is being praised to the heavens - anyone up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I haven't been to the cinema in ages. I must make it to one of these outings.

When were you thinking?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'd love to see it as well!

Scarinae wrote: »
    I'd love to see it as well!
    I haven't been to the cinema in ages. I must make it to one of these outings.

When were you thinking?

How about tomorrow night (Saturday) at 8:55pm in the Curzon Soho?

I'm very keen on 12 Years.

There's also The Wolf of Wall St and American Hustle on the horizon for me, if anyone is interested this weekend

• Advertisement

I'm very keen on 12 Years.

There's also The Wolf of Wall St and American Hustle on the horizon for me, if anyone is interested this weekend

Seen American Hustle, also up for Wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Sounds good to me.

Seen American Hustle, also up for Wolf.

Same here

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Are you buying tickets beforehand, or just when you show up? I'm going to come along but will be out during the day so would need to get a ticket tonight probably

Also, does anyone fancy getting food first?

Scarinae wrote: »
    Are you buying tickets beforehand, or just when you show up? I'm going to come along but will be out during the day so would need to get a ticket tonight probably

Also, does anyone fancy getting food first?

I don't mind booking the tickets beforehand then getting the money from you there. Would be up for food also.

I'm going to pass on 12 Years (change of plans on Sat) but let me know if anyone is interested in Wolf early next week

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Jack B Badd and I saw 12 Years last night, it's pretty good although be prepared for pantomime-style Middle Class Shock And Outrage - lots of gasps and exclamations of shock at certain points.

I'm definitely on for Wolf Of Wall Street, and am also keen to see Dallas Buyers Club as well if anyone else is up for it.

I'm going to pass on 12 Years (change of plans on Sat) but let me know if anyone is interested in Wolf early next week

It's not on general release until Friday.

It's not on general release until Friday.

Does Friday night suit people?

• Advertisement

Does Friday night suit people?

Not me. Saturday after card games?

Advertisement