Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemania

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

83ste wrote: »
    Not me. Saturday after card games?

That suits us. It might be on in the nearby Trike or Swiss Cottage.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Inside Llewyn Davis is on in the Tricycle in Kilburn, and Monday tickets are just £6.50.

Anyone fancy it this Monday (27th)? There are 6:40pm and 8:50pm showings.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Can't do Monday. Thinking of going early Saturday evening though. Will check with herself tonight.

We're going to the 6.40 tonight with our housemate if you're up for it?

I'm in. If you're booking, can you get me a ticket and I'll pay you back?

• Advertisement

Anyone for Dallas Buyers Club this Saturday or Sunday?

Anyone for Dallas Buyers Club this Saturday or Sunday?

We could be persuaded. Where are you thinking of going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I'd be keen but can only do Sat evening or early-ish Sunday

Edit: That said, I've just remembered that the rugby's on Saturday. Not sure if I'll be about

Saturday would be the better option for us.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've noticed that the Coronet has August Osage County next week, so could head along and take advantage of the £3.50 Tuesdays deal. We'll need to book tickets in advance though. Anyone else interested?

• Advertisement

We could be persuaded. Where are you thinking of going?

Vue Finchley Road at 5:45pm on Saturday?
    Fysh wrote: »
    I've noticed that the Coronet has August Osage County next week, so could head along and take advantage of the £3.50 Tuesdays deal. We'll need to book tickets in advance though. Anyone else interested?

Not really bothered with August, reviews have been patchy.

Vue Finchley Road at 5:45pm on Saturday?

Fine by us. We should probably book in advance this time.

Fine by us. We should probably book in advance this time.

Cool. Anyone else, or will I just book three?

Okay, that's booked now. I had the start time slightly wrong - it's 6pm, not 5:45pm.

If anyone wants to join us, feel free to book yourself into the same screening on Saturday.

Want to grab food somewhere in the O2 centre beforehand?

Anyone for Her in the Coronet Cinema next Tuesday at 8:45pm? Only £3.50!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'll go :)

We're probably in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I'll come too.

I might be up for this. Will know for definite later. Nominate Honest Burger for beforehand too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Sounds good, count me in!

By the way, I was talking to my Mum at the weekend and she said she was going to bring my grandmother to the cinema. Philomena isn't showing anymore so they were going to go and see... Wait for it... The Wolf of Wall Street (!!!!)

I was like "Noooooooo! Don't do it!", and Mum asked why not, so I had to explain that it's full of prostitutes, drugs, bad language, etc. Although maybe in retrospect I shouldn't have said anything and waited for the inevitable hilarious story

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Scarinae wrote: »

By the way, I was talking to my Mum at the weekend and she said she was going to bring my grandmother to the cinema. Philomena isn't showing anymore so they were going to go and see... Wait for it... The Wolf of Wall Street (!!!!)

I was like "Noooooooo! Don't do it!", and Mum asked why not, so I had to explain that it's full of prostitutes, drugs, bad language, etc. Although maybe in retrospect I shouldn't have said anything and waited for the inevitable hilarious story

Best thing would've been to say "Yeah, I think she'd really like it" and then look forward to a great conversation about what exactly you think your grandmother enjoys :D

My parents decided to go to the cinema last year and choose a movie at random without knowing anything about it. They picked The Cabin in the Woods. Needless to say they left once things got bloody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Although maybe in retrospect I shouldn't have said anything and waited for the inevitable hilarious story
    Should have suggested Nymphomaniac instead...

Seeing as seven of us have put our hands up for Her and Tuesday screenings at the Coronet frequently sell out, I was hoping to book this ASAP. Do you know yet if you're definitely in exiledelbows?

Seeing as seven of us have put our hands up for Her and Tuesday screenings at the Coronet frequently sell out, I was hoping to book this ASAP. Do you know yet if you're definitely in exiledelbows?

I can book this time if you want? Since you booked the last time for DBC.

We won't be able to make food beforehand so will just meet ye at the Coronet.

I can book this time if you want? Since you booked the last time for DBC.

We won't be able to make food beforehand so will just meet ye at the Coronet.

Okay, thanks. I've asked the unconfirmed parties to get back to you. :)

Will you be able to get there early-ish to collect the tickets? The foyer can turn into quite a scrum on a Tuesday night.

Okay, thanks. I've asked the unconfirmed parties to get back to you. :)

Will you be able to get there early-ish to collect the tickets? The foyer can turn into quite a scrum on a Tuesday night.

Elbow is out so I'll book 6 tickets. We should be fine to collect them early. It's normally unallocated seating so shall we say meet by half past at the latest?

ETA: Arse, I forgot their booking line closes at 6.30. I'll ring them tomorrow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Reekwind wrote: »
    Should have suggested Nymphomaniac instead...

I'm not trying to kill my grandmother!

Shall we say meet by half past at the latest

Sounds good.

A reminder to all: the Coronet does not run ads or trailers before movies so it's vital we get there on time!

• Advertisement

Sounds good.

A reminder to all: the Coronet does not run ads or trailers before movies so it's vital we get there on time!

Cool. Ill meet ya there.

Advertisement