Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C Chemistry or Home-Economics - PLEASE HELP

Options
  • 05-09-2012 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi my name's Siobhán
    I'm just after starting 5th yr
    I took Chemistry for the leaving cert thinking of doing medicine but now i know that that not really an option.
    I hope to do physiotherapy instead which is 510-600 points depending on college
    I've had 4 classes of chemistry already and we've started on Moles. I understand them mostly but still just not liking it or thinking that i'll be able to cope if it gets any harder especially since i'm taking higher level maths, english and irish
    I was thinking of changing to Home-Economics as it's meant to be an easier subject, I've already done it for three years and got a B in J.C. without any study (I'm telling the honest truth).
    But I looked at the stats for higher level in both subjects it's 11.3 for an A1 in chemistry and 3.4 for A1 home economics

Has anyone got any advice on what to do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

If you can stick with chemistry i think i would, don't be fooled that home ec is the easy way out, your right with those statistics , many people expect an A in home ec , including me and many get lower than expected including me :P It was always my best subject and i got a b , although i really did enjoy home ec as a subject and i don't know anything about chemistry , its up to you if the difference in stats of recieving an A is worth it , would you get the A in chemistry? or which subject will you find more interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JamesDundalk

I'd advise on Home Ec, if you put in the work, you'll reap the rewards, I got an A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

Four classes is not enough to decide whether you like or dislike a subject or to determine your aptitude for it. The concept of the mole is used throughout the entire course of chemistry so you will have it mastered by time you are finished, it is really not very difficult. Chemistry is one of the most interesting and exciting courses in the leaving cert so just give it time.

Advertisement