Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada eh,so who is going? Where are you/ will you be?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

heading to Calgary mate on the 16th april cant wait now:).. your dead rite lad but a gold mineing company in alberta hardly? haha taught it was just oil there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

They live in Ontario. She was working for Citi Bank in Toronto when I was over there, I was about 13 at the time.

The reason I'm looking at Edmonton is because a friend is out there working on an oil rig for the last few months and is raking it in.

Calgary sounds great. Not long to go for you now. What sort of work are you looking at?

going for an oil rig position:)

Good stuff. I take it you know what the work entails?:D

Nope i dont ;) haha

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Nope i dont ;) haha
    Haha.

My mate has said it's not nearly as bad as what you hear. Have you got work sorted or do you know anybody out there?

Sorry for all the questions man, just trying to get as much info as possible.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

family members can sponsor you...not sure about 'family friends' though...

a couple of contacts i been emailing like mad hitting companys up got some good replies there going on spring break now and will be back up running in mid may so i should have time to get my tickets and licence sorted a few places i was chatting are taking on leasehands so happy days:D

retalivity wrote: »
    family members can sponsor you...not sure about 'family friends' though...
    Yeah I discovered that family could get it sorted. I have none of those though. Looks like it's going to be a hard slog.

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    a couple of contacts i been emailing like mad hitting companys up got some good replies there going on spring break now and will be back up running in mid may so i should have time to get my tickets and licence sorted a few places i was chatting are taking on leasehands so happy days:D
    Fair play, you'll get it done no doubt.:D

I don't want to start contacting or sending my cv before I have a visa in the works. Would you say that would be the right way to go about it?

• Advertisement

yea but oil rig company's don't take give out lmos and tbh you will struggle to get one if you don't have a trade i would wait till next year and get a visa then mate. like i have never heard of anyone getting an lmo for the position of a labouerer especially for someone that's in Ireland it would not be worth there while and i am almost sure family friends would not be able to sponsor sure if that was the case i could pay some local in the street in canada money to sponsor me:D..i don't mean to burst your bubble but don't get your hopes up too high mate as it might not work out.if i was in your boat i would go to new zealand for 9 or 10 months and apply then for the visa next jan:D

I have no illusions about getting a visa this year or getting an lmo from an oil company. I was just talking about the future.

Out of interest why do you suggest New Zealand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Set up an Irish company, run it for a year, set up a Canadian office, transfer to it. Easy.

Advertisement