Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCOS But No Cysts?

Options
  • 05-09-2012 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi

I am just looking for some advice and to learn from anyone who is experiencing the same problems as I am.

I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago via blood tests. I had all the symptoms for yeas, pain in lower right side, lack of periods, extreme hair loss but hair everywhere else, over weight and many many more.

I was put on metformin (glucophage) 850mg x 3 times a day, I didnt really think they were helping much but since coming off them 4 weeks ago I have had extreme mood swings, crying, rage and moodiness for no reason and now i have my period and its the most painful its ever been.

I went to my gynae who sent me for a pelvic ultrasound. No cysts showed up, he said that my endometrium and womb looked fine the ovaries were a little big bigger than normal but he needs to check the size.

Can anyone tell me what this means??
    How can I have so much pain in my lower right side yet have no cysts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Sometimes women diagnosed with PCOS actually don't have cysts on their ovaries, from what my doctor told me, it's actually pretty common.

The best thing to do is to talk to your gynae about the pain and ask what they think causes it, and if there is anything that can be done. There can be other issues at play, and none of us know your medical history/are doctors so it's a lot safer to ask them.

Good luck :)

Advertisement