Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a good judge of size?

• 05-09-2012 6:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I think I can estimate pretty closely the size of most things nearby.

I find a lot of people's perceptions of size too be all over the place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Are you a good judge of size?

Yes. And distance too (except when viewing things in a rearview mirror)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I sometimes have to be reminded that a herd of cattle in a field in the distance aren't really really small but are indeed just far far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

What d'ya mean? Of course thats 9 inches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

What d'ya mean? Of course thats 9 inches...

Only FYP, only fyp..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 A ma an da

Yes, and my size is the right size, if you get me huns ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

yes, luckily most girls arent though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Putting my arms around her waist usually does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I've got a brilliant sense of perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Size, Weight, Height, Distance etc. I am generally pretty good with all that stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

when I was standing beside her and I was full of the drink she was a size 10, when we went at it (1 bottle of vodka later) she was a size 10, the next morning I knew I was shiit at judging size,

I just wanted to call that hypnotist on Shallow Hal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Not really. I own this object that I'm certain is about seven or more inches long but whenever I actually measure it it's actually much smaller. Much, much smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I am very good at time. You could ask me the time any time of the day or night and in any state of mind and I would be correct to within a few minutes. Never really any use but there you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I am very good at time. You could ask me the time any time of the day or night and in any state of mind and I would be correct to within a few minutes. Never really any use but there you go.

but can you size time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

If I knew this was another one of your threads I wouldn't have clicked on it, and since I did I might as well let you know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

measuring tape

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Shryke wrote: »

If I knew this was another one of your threads I wouldn't have clicked on it, and since I did I might as well let you know that.

I never realised you were a fan,I'll
    Pm you the link to my newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

I can tell when i have a big footlong with a couple of meatballs in my hand OP :D

I eat Subway too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭hoochis

If someone were to ask me how long an object was I would always underestimate it. Lets say I thought the object was about 10 inches, I wouldn't say that! I would say its about 6 inches! Great way to impress the ladies! If only for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That country or region is the size of Munster

If you are a Brit you measure everywhere against the size of Wales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Shryke wrote: »

Indeed. It's getting ridiculous. Oh well, that's what the ignore list is for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

but can you size time.
    An hour is 60 minutes long.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea, pretty good. Growing up flyfishing near every weekend between March and September kinda hones that shít. At least at the ranges involved within that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Size, weight, height, distance, time, age....I´m shyte at all that stuff :pac:

Advertisement