Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake fruit - where to buy?

Options
  • 05-09-2012 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Random question but I need an apple that's not an apple for a fancy dress. Can be plastic, wax, stuffed toy, whatever - has anyone seen any anywhere in Blanch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm assuming it has to be apple sized? Try Smyths... they have plastic food there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Dam dyslexic, I though the thread was about fruit Cake!!

Imaginarium might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

The banana tree in blanch had these when they were in the big shop (old buda bar) They are beside maplin now. May still stock em :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A bit random, but try asking at a florists. They use fake fruit in floral arrangements sometimes (and people try to nick the grapes as my mother found out in the local church!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

If the banana tree don't have them (thanks for the heads up Ronan45, i didn't realise it was moved over there!!) Tk Maxx has fake fruit in its kitchen / decor dept upstairs, last time I was there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Didn't find any around the centre, tried all the shops mentioned. In the end Inspiring Ideas had apple shaped salt and pepper cellars for €5 so I got those instead.

Thanks for your help anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Dunnes in Blanchardstown Centre and Tesco in Roselawn do a great range in plastic fruit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 180 ✭✭markas

Most fruits are made for decoration purposes and taste like fake anyway ... ;-)

Advertisement