Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice required on Letting Agents

Options
  • 05-09-2012 7:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I was wondering if any of you wiser heads could spare some advice or tips. Myself and my girlfriend are seeking to rent a place of our own in Dublin (city centre preferably). We haven't had much luck in people getting back to us about looking at places, is this common? Only 1 person out of the many we've tried to contact has returned a message. Is it better just to go to the Office and ask about the property than contacting people through Daft and so on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭An Cuinneach

Are you sending them messages through the Daft mail service? Myself and my mate were doing this for dozens and dozens of places and I swear, only two people replied to me.

Now we just phone every place we're interested in and we always get a reply with a time to go and view. It's kinda annoying that so many people provide an email address and then don't bother to respond.

Good luck with it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Thanks man, yeah it is annoying. I just assumed if somebody's added the option to send an email, they would check it. I don't know. Starting tomorrow I'll just call people because at least if you call, you either make contact or you don't, you aren't waiting around for a response.

Advertisement