Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europes Unemployed

• 05-09-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

I was having a conversation with a neighbour who is Spanish and we were talking about the latest figures of Spains Unemployed.Appx 4.6 Million,The population of Ireland.He then told me that around 800,000 are from a specific country:eek: Is there such information within the Irish system that can tell if We have a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He then told me that around 800,000 are from a specific country

Spain?

He then told me that around 800,000 are from a specific country:eek:

Get on with it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

I am back from a 3 day ban for "alienating a SPECIFIC grouping of people"

Btw,My neighbour is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

I was talking to my neighbour who's from Italy and he said approx 4.6 Million Italians (Same population as Ireland) have sex with Beautiful women every day. 800,000 have had sex with the same woman. Is there such information within the irish system to see if we have a similar 'problem?'

• Advertisement

The Spanish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Curious to know what country these 800,000 are from. After a quick wiki search, the closest appears to be British people? Next highest minority group aren't from a specific country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The Spanish?

It isn't the Spanish it's the Chinese he's after!!

I love the Spanish! Not the blokes,Come on give me some info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Biodegradable Bellend

Get on with it...

Polatuania?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Spain?

I think he meant "county" but probably should have said "region", the region in this case being Catalonia.

Curious to know what country these 800,000 are from. After a quick wiki search, the closest appears to be British people? Next highest minority group aren't from a specific country

I asked where a statistic came from and he said,Paper from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Come on give me some info.

My cats breath smells like catfood.

So says a Real Madrid supporter!

Try some sparrows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

you should use your language skills, go forth and speakifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I asked where a statistic came from and he said,Paper from home.

The Catalan News Agency had the same figures in July :
    The overall totals indicate that 821,600 of the working population in Catalonia are unemployed

Link : http://www.catalannewsagency.com/news/business/unemployment-catalonia-down-second-quarter-and-set-2095

Thanks .

I will ask him tomorrow for the Source.Till then keep yourselves amused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I don't know one of single Catalonian person working in Ireland OP?

The situation is much graver than you suspected.:mad:

Where To wrote: »
    I don't know one of single Catalonian person working in Ireland OP?

The situation is much graver than you suspected.:mad:

Ah but they take all the hospitality jobs in the UK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

So are you renting a Spanish villa or ... what's this thread all about ?

So are you renting a Spanish villa or ... what's this thread all about ?

At this stage,I honestly cant remember:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

What country? What are you talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Ro cough cough ma cough cough nia

What country? What are you talking about?
    Spain.It has 800000 from a single other country who are unemployed.Has anyone any proof of this?

• Advertisement

Spain.It has 800000 from a single other country who are unemployed.Has anyone any proof of this?

What country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

In 20 years time Chinese bastards and robots will be doing 100% of the world's work while we'll all be unemployed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Jesus, What country? how can you have proof when you don't even say what you are on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Here's proof that you're wrong: http://www.thejournal.ie/eu-allows-spain-ban-on-romanian-workers-199812-Aug2011/

In the first 3 months of 2011, 191,400 Romanians were unemployed in Spain. Unless the other 650,000 got fired over-night, your "neighbour" is talking complete bullshit

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

When you add the unemployed Polish Roma, Czech Roma, Slovak Roma, Hungarian Roma, Albanian Roma and Bulgarian Roma in Spain to the 191,000 Romanian Roma, does that add up to 800,000 though?I'd say the OP, his friend and/or you are making the classic mistake of thinking Roma=Romanian, hence him/his friend describing this grouping of people (lets be honest, we were all thinking Roma) as coming from a single country and yet the statistic not backing it up.

Calibos wrote: »
    When you add the unemployed Polish Roma, Czech Roma, Slovak Roma, Hungarian Roma, Albanian Roma and Bulgarian Roma in Spain to the 191,000 Romanian Roma, does that add up to 800,000 though?I'd say the OP, his friend and/or you are making the classic mistake of thinking Roma=Romanian, hence him/his friend describing this grouping of people (lets be honest, we were all thinking Roma) as coming from a single country and yet the statistic not backing it up.

So what you're saying is............ the OP is ignorant and has no idea what he's on about?

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    Except there are not 191,000 unemployed Romanian Roma. And the total number of unemployed Roma in Spain would not come anywhere near to 800,000, given that there are less than a million in the country, and that would include children and anyone else who is not part of the labour force.

It would also be pretty stupid to consider foreign Roma, given that the majority of Roma in Spain are in fact Spanish. Flamenco, which is a deeply Spanish tradition, comes from the Roma in Spain

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

I saw on a billboard somewhere that there are up to 5,000 people homeless. With over 4,000,000 and the numbers of unemployed that we have, that isn't too bad. Of course it would be much less if they used the thousands of empty houses, but that's another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Have ye all missed this?

A lot of the people of Catalonia claim to not be Spanish but instead to be Catalan.

I'm presuming this is where the stat came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

If the "single other country" is Catalonia then you do realize that Catalonia is currently part of Spain, right? If the "single other country" is Romania (or anywhere else for that matter) then the statistic is incorrect.

No not Catalonia.It is one of the Eastern bloc countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

I'm guessing it has to be Ireland, the bunch of scrounging feckers.

Either that or the OP's friend could maybe... possibly... just putting out there... spouting out of himself without reading the full article.

No not Catalonia.It is one of the Eastern bloc countries.
    FFS, just say Romania. Stop dancing around it like a coward. You've already had it proven to you that youyour neighbour was talking utter bollocks

stmol32 wrote: »

Either that or the OP's friend could maybe... possibly... just putting out there... spouting out of himself without reading the full article.

I like it,How many of Us has left over the past 4/5 years? Yes maybe lost in conversation.I will check with him later and ask for some proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Lads, what are ye beating about the bush for? Ye think it's travelers don't ye?

stmol32 wrote: »

I like it,How many of Us has left over the past 4/5 years? Yes maybe lost in conversation.I will check with him later and ask for some proof.

Who's "us"? The Spanish?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Not me, I'm Somalianish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

no we only have the one country here

Advertisement