Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phone line for sky

Options
  • 05-09-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm getting rid of my house phone (as I never use it) but I have sky multiroom. Sky tell me I need an active phone line to avail of the multiroom discount and the only thing I use from eircom is the home broadband.
    I guess my question is can I have just broadband with an active phone line and no phone package?
    Hope you can help

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is UPC available in your area?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is UPC available in your area?

Yes but I have no intension of using them :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There goes that option so. If you have an Eircom line you will have to pay line rental. With UPC thats only €5 or something.

KoolKid wrote: »
    There goes that option so. If you have an Eircom line you will have to pay line rental. With UPC thats only €5 or something.

Does that mean I can pay for broadband and line rental only?

Not sure what packages Eircom offer . I use UPC for broadband & phone only.
    The phone line is only something like €5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

neddynono wrote: »
    Does that mean I can pay for broadband and line rental only?

There is a very very basic 'bundle' from Eircom which gives you the discount for the bundle and thus works out cheaper than broadband without the bundle. I think it is called Talktime Chatter .... but check out their bundles.

There is a very very basic 'bundle' from Eircom which gives you the discount for the bundle and thus works out cheaper than broadband without the bundle. I think it is called Talktime Chatter .... but check out their bundles.

I think that might be the bundle I'm on. I don't really want a bundle with talk as I don't intend to be talking. Hope someone from eircom comes on and can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I think that might be the bundle I'm on. I don't really want a bundle with talk as I don't intend to be talking. Hope someone from eircom comes on and can help.

It used to be possible to get broadband on its own, and pay the extra it costs out of bundle.

I never saw the point myself.

All I need is my home broadband and the line rental. Can this be done eircom??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

All I need is my home broadband and the line rental. Can this be done eircom??

Hi neddynono,

Sorry for the delay. The situation is that if you only require line rental and broadband, this is possible. Not the cheapest option we offer but you can simply pay line rental (€25.78 p/m) and then broadband as a separate charge (minimum €25 p/m, max €40 depending on the package). However, even if you never intend on plugging in a phone you can get a bundle (cheapest bundle starts at €40 p/m) so regardless of your usage on the phone side of things, a bundle would be beneficial.

The reason for this is when paying separately for each service there are no discounts attached, however when you get both phone and broadband you will receive a bundle discount (along with some free call allowance). You can view the range of bundles here or you can call into sales directly on freephone 1800 503 303 and they will run through your options with you.

Regards

James

• Advertisement

Hi neddynono,

Sorry for the delay. The situation is that if you only require line rental and broadband, this is possible. Not the cheapest option we offer but you can simply pay line rental (€25.78 p/m) and then broadband as a separate charge (minimum €25 p/m, max €40 depending on the package). However, even if you never intend on plugging in a phone you can get a bundle (cheapest bundle starts at €40 p/m) so regardless of your usage on the phone side of things, a bundle would be beneficial.

The reason for this is when paying separately for each service there are no discounts attached, however when you get both phone and broadband you will receive a bundle discount (along with some free call allowance). You can view the range of bundles here or you can call into sales directly on freephone 1800 503 303 and they will run through your options with you.

Regards

James

Hi James
    Thanks for getting back to me. I see the broadband bundle I want but how to I get rid of the other charges on my account that I don't use anymore such as cordless phone rental and outgoing service barred?
    Reply with pm if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi James
    Thanks for getting back to me. I see the broadband bundle I want but how to I get rid of the other charges on my account that I don't use anymore such as cordless phone rental and outgoing service barred?
    Reply with pm if needed.

Hi,

To remove those extra charges you can call into the sales team while placing the order for the bundle and request they take them off, get the whole thing done in one go. If you prefer, PM me the account number and I'll get them sorted while you make your decision on the package.

Regards

James

Advertisement