Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Vodafone to Eircom - problems.

Options
  • 05-09-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

My mother changed from Vodafone to Eircom. The phone line was switched over on 14th August, but broadband is still with Vodafone (three weeks later). Broadband was supposed to have changed over with 10 days. Are Vodafone now going to bill for this?

She also phoned Eircom on four occasions, looking for a direct debit form to be sent out. Each time she was told she would have it the following day. This is going on for three weeks now, and no direct debit form has been received.

I would appreciate if this could be sorted out. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oretti2005

I'm having an awful time switching aswell. Got my welcome letter and called Eircom to check package only to be told I'm not on package that I want and also oops they didn't put in request to switch over broadband. I am working from home and need speeds of at least 3-4mbs but they have me on package of up to 1mbs (all this discussed at time of sign up). Still not switched (any day now apparently!). I have been on constantly to advise that if they only switch back 1mb than I might loose my job (takes up to 48hrs to upgrade), than told em ok it'll be switched to up to 7mb. You can guarantee if I call back they'll start on about 1mb again. I'm fed up dealing with this, I'm so worried about the consequences for my job but they don't seem to care. Some people have been really helpful there but still feel completely helpless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Hi again,

Can someone please help resolve the issues my mother is having with the changeover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

<Ollie> wrote: »
    My mother changed from Vodafone to Eircom. The phone line was switched over on 14th August, but broadband is still with Vodafone (three weeks later). Broadband was supposed to have changed over with 10 days. Are Vodafone now going to bill for this?

She also phoned Eircom on four occasions, looking for a direct debit form to be sent out. Each time she was told she would have it the following day. This is going on for three weeks now, and no direct debit form has been received.

I would appreciate if this could be sorted out. Thanks.

Hi <Ollie>,

Can you Pm me with your mothers telephone number or account number and I will look into the status of the broadband transfer for you.

Thanks, Mark

oretti2005 wrote: »
    I'm having an awful time switching aswell. Got my welcome letter and called Eircom to check package only to be told I'm not on package that I want and also oops they didn't put in request to switch over broadband. I am working from home and need speeds of at least 3-4mbs but they have me on package of up to 1mbs (all this discussed at time of sign up). Still not switched (any day now apparently!). I have been on constantly to advise that if they only switch back 1mb than I might loose my job (takes up to 48hrs to upgrade), than told em ok it'll be switched to up to 7mb. You can guarantee if I call back they'll start on about 1mb again. I'm fed up dealing with this, I'm so worried about the consequences for my job but they don't seem to care. Some people have been really helpful there but still feel completely helpless.

Hi oretti2005,

Can you please PM me with your telephone number and account number so I can check the broadband speed directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Okay, now this is turning into a complete farce.

My mother singed up to Eircom 10/08/2012 for 'Eircom Talk Anytime & Home Plus'. The agent said everything would be handled by Eircom i.e. the cancellation process from Vodafone to Eircom. She didn't have to do anything. She was told the recorded phone conversation was evidence of the contract, so she didn't need to sign any form.

The phone line was switched over on 19th August, and she received a text message saying broadband would take up to 10 days. A bill of €43.14 was very quickly sent out to cover the period 19 Aug - 18 Sep. She phoned up Eircom asking why there wasn't €30 off the first bill as promised (for having her own modem), and was told not to worry as the first bill was always like that. She paid the bill at the post office that very day.

Three weeks passed, and the broadband still hadn't been changed from Vodafone to Eircom. I was in contact with Mark via PM and he said there was no record of broadband ordered and we had to ring up Eircom again to re-order it (although phone calls had been changed over). I rang up on Friday and the girl clarified broadband had to be ordered again. We then checked with Vodafone and noticed we had been charged for the whole month of August, and also charged by Eircom from the 19th Aug. As the change over still has happened, we are now been charged by Eircom for the telephone calls and Vodafone for broadband for this month also. She's getting billed twice. You will note there's no difference in price between having broadband on it's own, and having broadband with phone calls with Vodafone. €40 per month, either way.

It's obvious what has happened here. Eircom cancelled the phone calls with Vodafone but never cancelled the broadband.
    What is even more annoying is the girl I was talking to last Friday said we would receive the sign-up broadband form in the post today. It never arrived. My mother also asked on four occasions for a direct debit form to be sent out as she likes to pay her bills on time. It never arrived.

Now I want to know who is going to cover the Vodafone bill for the broadband? It's obviously Eircom's responsibility as the changeover/cancellation wasn't done properly. The first bill we received from Eircom was also the wrong package (phone calls only), and must be adjusted to the right package (Eircom Talk Anytime & Home Plus'), with €30 off the first bill.

The signup process took place on 10.08.2012 @ 15:23 (duration 00:30:20). I checked this form the Vodafone bill. There must be a recorded message as the agent said this was proof the contract.

I sent Mark a few PM's, and in fairness he did seek some answers initially, but seems to have lost interest now. The last PM I was asked did we have the agent's name that we signed up with, and replied that we didn't, but knew the exact time and date of the call.

To be honest my mother isn't at an age to be dealing with this stuff. I just hope someone from Eircom can get this sorted ASAP. We're sorry we ever left Vodafone tbh.

• Advertisement

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Okay, now this is turning into a complete farce.

My mother singed up to Eircom 10/08/2012 for 'Eircom Talk Anytime & Home Plus'. The agent said everything would be handled by Eircom i.e. the cancellation process from Vodafone to Eircom. She didn't have to do anything. She was told the recorded phone conversation was evidence of the contract, so she didn't need to sign any form.

The phone line was switched over on 19th August, and she received a text message saying broadband would take up to 10 days. A bill of €43.14 was very quickly sent out to cover the period 19 Aug - 18 Sep. She phoned up Eircom asking why there wasn't €30 off the first bill as promised (for having her own modem), and was told not to worry as the first bill was always like that. She paid the bill at the post office that very day.

Three weeks passed, and the broadband still hadn't been changed from Vodafone to Eircom. I was in contact with Mark via PM and he said there was no record of broadband ordered and we had to ring up Eircom again to re-order it (although phone calls had been changed over). I rang up on Friday and the girl clarified broadband had to be ordered again. We then checked with Vodafone and noticed we had been charged for the whole month of August, and also charged by Eircom from the 19th Aug. As the change over still has happened, we are now been charged by Eircom for the telephone calls and Vodafone for broadband for this month also. She's getting billed twice. You will note there's no difference in price between having broadband on it's own, and having broadband with phone calls with Vodafone. €40 per month, either way.

It's obvious what has happened here. Eircom cancelled the phone calls with Vodafone but never cancelled the broadband.
    What is even more annoying is the girl I was talking to last Friday said we would receive the sign-up broadband form in the post today. It never arrived. My mother also asked on four occasions for a direct debit form to be sent out as she likes to pay her bills on time. It never arrived.

Now I want to know who is going to cover the Vodafone bill for the broadband? It's obviously Eircom's responsibility as the changeover/cancellation wasn't done properly. The first bill we received from Eircom was also the wrong package (phone calls only), and must be adjusted to the right package (Eircom Talk Anytime & Home Plus'), with €30 off the first bill.

The signup process took place on 10.08.2012 @ 15:23 (duration 00:30:20). I checked this form the Vodafone bill. There must be a recorded message as the agent said this was proof the contract.

I sent Mark a few PM's, and in fairness he did seek some answers initially, but seems to have lost interest now. The last PM I was asked did we have the agent's name that we signed up with, and replied that we didn't, but knew the exact time and date of the call.

To be honest my mother isn't at an age to be dealing with this stuff. I just hope someone from Eircom can get this sorted ASAP. We're sorry we ever left Vodafone tbh.

Hi Ollie,

I understand the frustration. I have been investigating the issue. I found the initial request and PM you with the details and how best to proceed from here.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement