Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed rate penalty

Options
  • 05-09-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi I'm trying to find the fixed rate fee/penalty if I wanted to take a lump sum of my mortgage
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

ask your bank, they will know.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed no one can tell you, as it's dependent on your individual circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

cazzak79 wrote: »
    Hi I'm trying to find the fixed rate fee/penalty if I wanted to take a lump sum of my mortgage
    Thanks

It depends on your lender and their formula for working out fixed rate penalties. They are the only people who can tell you as it is dependent on how far into the fixed rate period you are, their current fixed rate pricing over the same fixed period & how much you are looking to pay off. This is not a calculation that can be done by anyone here unfortunately. You might be lucky in so far as depending on the above in some cases there are no fees payable...

Advertisement