Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking (((((UPDATES ON PERMITS)))))

• 05-09-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi

I'm due into college tomorrow, went online to apply for permit but GMIT Dublin Rd wasn't listed on it. What should I do now because i'm pretty sure all spaces in P&D will be gone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Do you have last year's permit or a student number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

no sorry forgot to mention i'm a first year student

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Most likely they will be gone and there's wardens.
    Can you car pool with anyone?
    Bus?

It's always mayhem in the beginning of the year.

no I have to drive an hour into college :/ don't know anyone in there yet!

If you're there early you'd get a P&D spot. Are you sure you don't have a student number or ID? If you have a G00 number just put it on the windscreen.

• Advertisement

might give that a try so.. should be in there for 9 but good chance be gone!

If you're late try the Galwegians pitch near GMIT. Never full and it's a GMIT parking place. I'm sure they wouldn't be strict considering there's a load of 1st years who won't have permits, esp tomorrow.

while i'm here, i tried to register online today and it said my account access was disabled?

Hmm. Dunno what the problem is there. I think last year they let people register in the college so maybe they'll do it there. If not ask the student services desk. You'll find it by following the yellow feet near the canteen area.

ok thanks again :)

• Advertisement

No worries

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Onlinemart.ie

I was in gmit galway on tuesday and one of the students asked tutor if it was ok that she parked here car in student car park they said it was till friday so u should be fine

BTW anybody know the story re: the contracted parking company? Any timeframe on when it'll be ready to take orders for permits?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

BTW anybody know the story re: the contracted parking company? Any timeframe on when it'll be ready to take orders for permits?

it's still out to tender afaik.

we've been told to either leave your old apcoa tag in, or a photocopy of your student card on the dash.

Permits are available to order online now. Go apcoa website.

Advertisement