Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone "White" Modem question

Options
  • 05-09-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Folks, I have the standard white broadband modem being used for vodafone at home landline broadband service.

Its about a year and a half old. Usually we just have it switched on every evening and switch it off before hitting the sack.

When we switch it on it sets itself up automatically. Now what happens is that the dsl light keeps flashing and I have to press the reset button to get it working. Once that is done it works perfect and does not drop or anything.

Now there was a power cut on Sunday but the modem worked fine when switched back on after the cut. It was only the following day when the issue started.

If we leave the modem on all the time it seems there is no problem but I don't really want to leave it on all day or night.

Can anyone advise whether the modem is either now faulty or could I reset something that would avoid having to use the reset button?

thanks

Advertisement