Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you do that you think no one else does

• 05-09-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

What quirky things do you do, that you don't think others do? For me I guess its probably after coughing I sniffle even if my nose isn't runny. Hahaha. Weird I know.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What quirky things do you do, that you don't think others do? For me I guess its probably after coughing I sniffle even if my nose isn't runny. Hahaha. Weird I know.
    You ****ing freak of nature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

When I feel sick I scratch my left shoulder. Don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Plug out all devices in my flat before heading off to work.
    Kettle, toaster, TV, computer, everything

Also all albums in my itunes must have cover art, so does every podcast.
    I can't stand to have something with no cover art and so if it means I have to fix my daily podcasts everyday then I'll do it
    Only takes a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sometimes when I can't sleep I try counting sheep, but my ADHD is a nightmare.
    One sheep, two sheep, dog, pig, old McDonald, Hey Macarena!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Follow through on purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

You ****ing freak of nature.

Had to get the ball rolling! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm still planing to go to Tolka Park to see Shelbourne ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Plug out all devices in my flat before heading off to work.
    Kettle, toaster, TV, computer, everything

Quick tip: Just turn off the power, it's faster and safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

If i nip the inside of my thighs i can make myself sneeze. it's weird. Sometimes i nip them in the wrong place and get a slight pain in my face?
    Are there any doctors on boards? Can they tell me if there is any connection between these body parts or was i just built wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Confab wrote: »
    Quick tip: Just turn off the power, it's faster and safer.
    Then the fridge would have no power and stuff would go off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

I pull myself off thinking of my wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Count peoples fingers when I first meet them.
    Saw a documentary as a kid about people with a genetic mutation, which causes them to have more/less fingers than the usual number and it freaked me out.M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

If i nip the inside of my things i can make myself sneeze. it's weird. Sometimes i nip them in the wrong place and get a slight pain in my face?
    What things? What are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I scratch the inside of my ear with the back of my tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Start threads like this

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

john why wrote: »

:pac: Wow

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I always cough after eating ice cream.

If I choke on something, e.g. a bit of food goes down the wrong way, I will always, always sneeze when the choking/coughing is over or almost over. Try coughing and sneezing at the same time :P
    To be fair, these are not just me, my sisters do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

1ZRed wrote: »
    Start threads like this

I knew I wasn't imagining I'd seen this thread lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

If I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't go back to sleep unless I completely soak my stomach with cold water.. Have no idea why, I can't lie in bed completely with the feeling of a dry stomach if I start thinking about not being able to sleep and then having a dry stomach? So I have to wet it and get myself comfortably stuck to the sheets and then I always fall straight into a nice deep sleep.. Definitely don't know anyone else who does that.

Chucken wrote: »
    I knew I wasn't imagining I'd seen this thread lately.

It's shameless Chuck. Shameless! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

John, why?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I bring pleasure into the lives of beautiful women :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

woodoo wrote: »
    I scratch the inside of my ear with the back of my tongue.
    Clearly popular with the ladies this one.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

TheBody wrote: »

By complying with the multiple restraining orders?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

scratch my balls and arse and then sniff my fingers.

TheBody wrote: »

Ah, you're looking for the "things everyone else do that think you don't" thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Fly to the moon on the back of unicorns while keeping the world safe from dragons and little blue people that speak gibberish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

areyawell wrote: »
    scratch my balls and arse and then sniff my fingers.
    Actually, somebody started a thread about that ............ unless of course it was you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I like to climb to the top of lamp posts, shite into my hand, and and throw it at passers-by.

• Advertisement

Fly to the moon on the back of unicorns while keeping the world safe from dragons and little blue people that speak gibberish.

We all get high from time to time. It's nothing special ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Flush while I'm wizzing and try to race it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I am the one who knocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

That's strange. So do I...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

little blue people that speak gibberish.
    the smurfs? :eek: why do we need protection from the smurfs? They´re sweet and adorable
    ...ooh right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Things you do that you think no one else does:

That when you're pi*ssed that you think you're going deaf and turn up the volume on the stereo (twice what it was when you're sober) and wonder why the neighbours have started banging on your floor (their ceiling)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I sneeze whenever i eat a mint sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

If I lightly rub the inside of my elbow I can feel a tingle on the side of my tongue. Its a similar thing to what another poster described. I think its something to do with some crossed neurons in the brain where the part of the brain controlling the arm is right beside the part controlling the tongue.

Things other poeple do that they think no one else does?

Picking the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in the lotto. These people think they are awful clever. That they are some of the intellectual few that understand the laws of probability better than Seamus Blogs. That understand that the aforementioned number sequence has the exact same probability of being drawn as any other. They think that those that don't understand probability would never pick such an 'unlikely' sequence and thus chances are they won't have to share the jackpot should the numbers come up.

The problem is that there are 2000 other such clever clogs that play those numbers every lotto draw. To rub salt into the wounds of these people when they win and find out they have to share the jackpot with 2000 other people, because the jackpot prize fund is ring fenced from the price fund for match 5 and down, it turns out that in all likelyhood they will win less money by getting 6 numbers in that draw than the people that only got 5 numbers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I get a runny nose when I eat spicy food.

I always count the stairs going up, but never when I'm walking back down.

I'm one of those avoiding-cracks-in-the-pavement people.

When I'm eating my dinner, I always eat the vegetables first, then the meat, then the potatoes. They're rarely mixed. I also prefer if different food items don't touch each other either (except with curry, pasta etc).

Eating apples is a methodical process as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

maxfresh wrote: »
    Then the fridge would have no power and stuff would go off

you said "everything" :rolleyes:

I can sit rubbing my belly for hours at a time while watching TV or reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Flush while I'm wizzing and try to race it.

if you don't win it's a waste of a flush

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

If I clean out my left ear with a cotton bud I start coughing and if I put it in a second time I start to gag and get the gawks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I ring up Joe Duffy to compliment people and businesses about their sterling service and to comment on how great everything is in Ireland.

if you don't win it's a waste of a flush

80% of flushes for a number 1 are wasted flushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

80% of flushes for a number 1 are wasted flushes.

Yeah you're basically pissing it all away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

once I was drinking cheap beer and the ring pull fell off as I was pouring it into the glass, big gulp later.. realised Id swallowed the ring pull, but oh no... it was stuck in my neck... tried to cough it up or swallow it down.. no go, then I got the feeling I was going to puke... made it to the toilet and puked a barrowload.. saw the rogue ringpull floating amidst my puke, fished it out and still have it on my keyring (after washing it) been careful of ringpulls ever since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I play with my nob. Sadly nobody else does :(

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

I act out spontaneous multiple character plays in the shower.

I make short snippets of me playing piano and singing and send them to my whatsapp friends. I usually include their name in the song lyrics somewhere for humour purposes.

When I do press ups, I pretend I am in the missionary position with the girl of my dreams so I try do as many as I can or else its over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Ilyana wrote: »
    I get a runny nose when I eat spicy food.

I always count the stairs going up, but never when I'm walking back down.

I'm one of those avoiding-cracks-in-the-pavement people.

When I'm eating my dinner, I always eat the vegetables first, then the meat, then the potatoes. They're rarely mixed. I also prefer if different food items don't touch each other either (except with curry, pasta etc).

Eating apples is a methodical process as well.

I just realized because of this that I do the same bloody thing! :)

As for the food thing - don't do that. You may as well not bother going to a nice restaurant otherwise! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

That's strange. So do I...
    My wife or your wife

• Advertisement
Advertisement